• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

8 years of building

m4rt1n

Adept
I have spent 8 years of my life building a city that works for me in a good balance.

Now some "crazy" development team at @InnoGames thinks, screw them we need new young players.

My Endless Excavation for example only built and levelled up for the supplies granted on scouting, now up to 10 relics per mystical object. Why the **** do I need more relics when I have numbers in the 10'000 of each and only 700 needed for max boost.

Other wonders I cannot upgrade because I don't have enough spell fragments, not every long time player had 6X moonstone sets.

Seems they want all the long time loyal players to quit so they can have young spend a little once and leave players in the game, utter Bull **** in my opinion.

Most upsetting to me is changes to AW's I have already in my city and no refund or compensation now I would never have built them.

SkyRider99

Immortal
Other wonders I cannot upgrade because I don't have enough spell fragments, not every long time player had 6X moonstone sets.

Most upsetting to me is changes to AW's I have already in my city and no refund or compensation now I would never have built them.
That is what rankles with me also @m4rt1n. They have unilaterally foisted these changes on us, with no alternatives or way out. I mean, at least give us a choice of goods or SF/CCs for upgrading AWs. The culture slam is the biggest slap-in-the-face though! :mad:

richardo56

Adventurer
I have spent 8 years of my life building a city that works for me in a good balance.

Now some "crazy" development team at @InnoGames thinks, screw them we need new young players.

My Endless Excavation for example only built and levelled up for the supplies granted on scouting, now up to 10 relics per mystical object. Why the **** do I need more relics when I have numbers in the 10'000 of each and only 700 needed for max boost.

Seems they want all the long time loyal players to quit so they can have young spend a little once and leave players in the game, utter Bull **** in my opinion.

I agree, after 6+ years its getting tougher. I have said it before why oh why try to fix something or mess with its when its not broken or works well.

SkyRider99

Immortal
I have said it before why oh why try to fix something or mess with its when its not broken or works well.
Someone trying to be clever and aiming for a promotion, pay rise, or more power?

1705837229427.png

Or corporate Powers-That-Be (PTB) going for a money grab?

1705837347633.png

Vishar

Alchemist
It's also been pointed out to me that some cynical companies effectively "kill" games, so that they can promote something that makes more money. It's as if Inno have not understood the market for Elvenar? Much talk about leaving the game in more than one FS too. Not sure yet, but thinking hard. I could be losing carefully built friendships? Maybe take those offline?

HexeAlix

Seeker
It's also been pointed out to me that some cynical companies effectively "kill" games, so that they can promote something that makes more money. It's as if Inno have not understood the market for Elvenar? Much talk about leaving the game in more than one FS too. Not sure yet, but thinking hard. I could be losing carefully built friendships? Maybe take those offline?
If I go looking for a new game then certainly won't consider anything from Inno, MTG or any of their subsidiaries ... won't deal with a company that can't be trusted :(

Paladestar

Enchanter
I only leveled my Endless Excavation to level 21 during the era of never-ending event quests, specifically for the extra relics given for completing a province. If I kept a bunch of provinces on 7/8 done, I could complete the final encounter and get 6 relics. This was invaluable for event quests to gain relics on non-tournament days. Even after we stopped getting never-ending event quests, it was still handy for non-tournament days where event quests ask for relics. The relics being granted from opening mystical objects now instead is not as convenient from a completing of gain relics event quests perspective.

Making fundamental changes to ancient wonders that people have a long-term investment in can be a double-edged sword.

Jake65

Sage
relics being granted from opening mystical objects
This requires you though to keep your MA ticking over (as it should be)
A few members of our FS (myself included) have our MAs gathering dust trying to save spell fragments to upgrade AWs.
Only thing I'm really crafting now is pet food which uses CCs and relics. Only because I don't have a shortage of CCs (yet:oops:)

Laurelin

Sorcerer
@m4rt1n @SkyRider99 (and @ everyone else, too) : The accelerating push of all of us, even [occasionally somewhat anti-social] oddballs like me, into mutually dependent, practically ~ even if not in other ways ~ near-identical, and functionally necessary groups isn't limited to Elvenar, or indeed to any game or other lifestyle choice. It's symptomatic of a much wider social agenda, spanning a very long time, which popular gaming houses merely introduce/echo/promote, whether knowingly or not.

Here's a newbie's view of the débacle which I've just spotted in the comments chain on Elvenar's latest Event promotion video. Spoken it very well, IMO.

Elvenar_AW_Changes_YT_01a.jpg

What really gets my goat is that Inno ploughed ahead with porting these AW changes to Live after only 1 week in Beta. The Beta feedback was NOT positive. The feedback from Live is NOT positive. Yet Inno are still arrogantly insisting that their ill thought-out changes are IMPROVEMENTS! For MOST players they are NOT improvements. Smaller players have no chance. Larger players signed in to discover a massive negative culture balance - in the middle of a Fellowship Adventure, Tournament and Spire run - that meant they could not restore their cities to pre-FA status once it was over!!! I've been playing this game for years. I don't honestly think that I will be playing it for much longer. The only reason I'm hanging on (for now) is to see if Inno roll back their changes - there's no way I can raise enough spell fragments to upgrade my various AWs enough to make up for the lost benefits.