• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Closed | Archived [7725]Screen freezes after every encounter

DeletedUser

Game version: 0.31.2735-v0.31.1-(master) (2015-12-17 10:42)
Game world: Both
Browser + version: __ Firefox 43.0.3
Flash Player version: __ Shockwave Flash 20.0.0.267
Operating System: __ Win Vista
Screen resolution: __ 1680x1050
Account name: __ Slotharingia
Humans or Elves: __ both
Hardware Acceleration: OFF

Reproducibility: __5/5 humans 1/5 elves

Quest title: __ n/a

Current situation:
When dealing with battling encounters, the screen freezes on attempting to leave the scene, even if you decide to surrender.

Expected situation:
For this not to happen :p

Reproduction Steps
Attempt to complete any encounter using troops.

DeletedUser815

Thank you @Slotharingia for reporting this issue. We will attempt to reproduce it. If anyone else also experience this then please let me know. I am particularly interested if this happens with Hardware Acceleration set to ON or just with it being set to OFF.

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.:)

DeletedUser

It is on. I have established that apart from the one time, this seems to be afflicting only the German world Felyndral.

DeletedUser417

Game is freezing after almost every visit on the map. I don't do battles so I don't know about that but I heard many others complain about the freezing game while navigating on the map. It gets stuck at the end of the indicator (image).

2016-01-08 19.41000680.jpg

It's happening for me only on Arendyll. (Cleared cookies and temp files many times and tried different browsers: Chrome and Edge, no luck).

I did my rounds on Winyandor and that went just fine. :D

DeletedUser417

It seems like the problem occurs in the areas with many removed inactive players. My lower half of the map is half empty, that's where the freezing starts occurring.

DeletedUser

This may well be the case. I have it predominantly on my german server game and there are next to no neighbours left there due to deletions.

DeletedUser417

I've been paying attention to when the freezing starts. When it started, many of my neighbors were deleted due to inactivity. Every day the freezing starts at the bob.12345689-name (circle in image); from that city forward, I have to reload the game for at least all the names that are crossed out. It happens more, just can't get it all in 1 shot without losing quality.
Luckily new neighbors are coming in but this area keeps having problems loading back to map after visiting.

2016-01-12 10.29000701.jpg

Annah

Alchemist
It is happening after EVERY encounter for me today too in Arrendyl. I submitted a ticket but now ongoing problems of freezing are starting in my main game too.

DeletedUser

Having the same issue. Narquelian describes it very well. Things are OK until I get to certain cities and then screen freezes requiring a refresh of the browser to get back to map, repeat, repeat,,,,,,

DeletedUser

I had the same issue before the last map repopulation - the very bottom city froze every single time, so I'd have to go back to my city after visiting his and then back to the map so that I could visit everyone else, once the map started to repopulate the problem disappeared.

Annah

Alchemist
Many members of my fellowship including myself have had a nightmare today so far..... trying to visit our members... hanging.. graphics not loading.. slowed to a snail's pace. Not tried encounters on the map yet... might not bother today. The game appears to be very unstable for many people whatever browser they are using... no matter if windows or Mac. The problem is obviously with the game.

Deleted User - 13667

And I thought I was having a bad connection. I already tried checking connection speed. works fine.

More bugs that will remain unresolved it would seem, this is.:rolleyes:

DeletedUser815

Thank you all for your input regarding this matter :) We appreciate all your effort in making Elvenar a better game.

Our development team has been working very hard regarding this issue and has added a fix with the release of version 0.33. That is currently being tested on the beta server and from all reports the freezing does not occur again. Version 0.33 will be released on the EN server in the next week if everything goes according to plan. For now all I can ask is everyone who experiences the game freezing to clear your browser and flash cache and have a little patience.