• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Closed | Archived [7036]Not able to move buildings to certain squares of my city

DeletedUser240

Game version: 0.29.2193-v0.29-rc5-(master) (2015-11-17 10:15)
Game world: Arendyll
Browser + version: Google Chrome version 46.0.2490.86 (64-bit)
Flash Player version: Adobe Flash Player 19.0.0.245
Operating System: OS X El Capitan version 10.11.1
Screen resolution: 1280 x 800
Account name: LordMalkaedius
Humans or Elves: Elves
Hardware Acceleration: ON

Reproducibility: 5/5

Quest title: N/A

Current situation:

When I try to temporarily move a building (i.e. marble manufactory) there are squares of empty land I've unlocked that the building won't allow itself to move to; the highlight of the building while moving even shows red over these squares. I see nothing existing in those squares that would prevent a building from being placed there. I don't think it has anything to do with whether or not there is a road connected to the area–as I have understood, this just makes the building non-functional until there is a road to connect to it. Further, even a culture building such as a Luminous Signpost (which doesn't require a road connection) would not allow itself to be moved to certain squares. As it stands, it seems completely arbitrary which areas will allow a building to be moved to it and which won't.

Expected situation:

Being able to shuffle buildings from their current positions to unobstructed squares of unlocked land, in order to re-arrange parts of my city.

Reproduction Steps

I select the 'move' tool.
2. I click on the desired building for transport (i.e. marble manufactory).
3. With the building in tow I hover over the appropriate number of squares for its size, noting no obstruction to its placement there.
4. I notice that the highlight of the building is red and when I click on said squares to move it, I am unable to place the building in this spot.

I'm not sure if it's related or not, but as a possible solution to this problem I was having earlier, I turned on hardware acceleration. In trying to troubleshoot this current problem, I turned hardware acceleration off and in addition to my previous bug manifesting again, if I tried to move a building it would move for a second, then a popup would inform me that an internal error had occurred and I was left to reload.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

DeletedUser

The same thing happened to me a few times. It was solved after a reload.

Deleted User - 13667

I had the same issues. Only I went to World Map and return back to city view. Then its movable. This has been on-going since the few updates. Wonder what or when it would be fixed

DeletedUser240

UPDATE: This is still a issue for me, no matter how many times I refresh, re-login, or reload.

DeletedUser240

UPDATE 2: As of logging in today, it seems that there were Cultural Buildings (specifically Orange Berries Trees) that were not displaying :mad: that had been understandably restricting the movement of other buildings to their squares. :rolleyes:
So I suppose this issue has resolved itself? :confused:

Thanks for the support! :)

DeletedUser815

Dear LordMalkaedius,

Thank you for your continued assistance in helping us try and resolve your issue. It is greatly appreciated. I would suggest that you try turning your hardware acceleration off and clear the cache of your browser. Then play like that for a while to see if your issue is still happening. Please let me know if my suggestion has any effect in rectifying the problem?