• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

You knew it was coming....

SkyRider99

Immortal
and their response to " ...not been well received."?

"We will give that our utmost consideration, in the fullness of time. At the appropriate juncture."

1707224988243.png

Anni-Lizzie

Spellcaster
Me too after over 7 years of play, sad days. :(
Me three… I am struggling to unravel my game play style to address the new goals. And then reset. Nearly six years and I feel like a newbie. Although if I was a newbie I would just assess and grow my playing style to meet the current needs of the game. Easy… so not easy to do in chapter 20 when what you thought were goals are now not goals.

Kazzandra

Alchemist
We have had to remove a few posts today from this thread and edit a few others due to some very serious Game Rule breaches. Please bear in mind our Game Rules, Forum Rules and Terms and Conditions, as the last thing we want to be doing is making any exclusions from the Forum and the game.
While I appreciate the passion you all have, our rules are in place to ultimately protect the game, overtly trying to damage the game and its reputation, is the road to the games demise, so please be mindful about this, or we will not have an Elvenar to play.
Elvenar already lost too many players. Important players. Feedback players.

Then the changes were made.

In order to get new players to replace the ones we lost, but the newbies can’t play with the veteran players who still remain.

The effects of the changes were twofold (at least).

1, the game is no longer fair for beginners.

2. The game is no longer fair for advanced players.

The AWs have become punishment. They can not be upgraded AND they take up too much space.

As a result, elvenar is now 2 games:
1, for those with AWs at the maximum level
2, all the rest of us

I would like to know how much it costs to achieve the final level for a maxed out AW.

I’m sure others may be interested as well.

Conclusion: your last line, “or we will not have an elvenar to play” PROPHETIC

But let’s not be melodramatic. Let’s say this is a completely different game. Elvenar was the one we used to play, when the middle men made excuses for the decision makers, enabling what has happened under the pretense that, “more changes are coming” and “don’t worry” and “they are aware of all the complaints “

By changing the game

Last I heard, these forums were a thing of the past, replaced by Discord.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kazzandra

Alchemist
Elvenar already lost too many players. Important players. Feedback players.

Then the changes were made.

In order to get new players to replace the ones we lost, but the newbies can’t play with the veteran players who still remain.

The effects of the changes were twofold (at least).

1, the game is no longer fair for beginners.

2. The game is no longer fair for advanced players.

The AWs have become punishment. They can not be upgraded AND they take up too much space.

As a result, elvenar is now 2 games:
1, for those with AWs at the maximum level
2, all the rest of us

I would like to know how much it costs to achieve the final level for a maxed out AW.

I’m sure others may be interested as well.

Conclusion: your last line, “or we will not have an elvenar to play” PROPHETIC

But let’s not be melodramatic. Let’s say this is a completely different game. Elvenar was the one we used to play, when the middle men made excuses for the decision makers, enabling what has happened under the pretense that, “more changes are coming” and “don’t worry” and “they are aware of all the complaints “

By changing the game

Last I heard, these forums were a thing of the past, replaced by Discord.
As long as people know posts are being edited for your reasons, I am good with that.

It makes my edited part justified.

OldHag

Necromancer
The recent additions and changes from the initial release on Beta and where we are now are vastly different and things are still changing.
because they have made a few Tweaks here and there, does not make the most recent changes any more palatable.

Since the introduction of these new changes, I ran a little test for myself. So for the first 2 weeks I had 0 Moonstone library sets in my city when the latest changes happened and was absolutely struggling to raise enough SF to upgrade an AW, I believe I upgraded exactly 0.

Then I made space and added 8 Moonstone sets from which I collect 4.200 SF per day or 29.400 SF per week.
I no longer need to sell off my inventory for SF, I can continue to craft, albeit not as prolifically as I did pre the changes but I've managed to add 2 levels to my MM, level 31 and 32, so not the cheapest and from level 28 too 29 on my Thrones. (I also gained a lot of SF via the spire, of course but not enough to upgrade and craft).

For those who have 0 Moonstone sets or just the one, they are clearly at a major disadvantage when it comes to SF.
Even after the latest tweaks, the changes to the cost of upgrading AWs is indefensible.

@InnoGames should have only changed the cost of the older AWs at level 31 (if at all), left all the lower levels as they were and I'm sure more players would have found that more acceptable, IMO.

The latest changes are ludicrous but I get they are here to stay, I don't think the same can be said for a lot of the player bass....shrugs.

Paladestar

Enchanter
because they have made a few Tweaks here and there, does not make the most recent changes any more palatable.

Since the introduction of these new changes, I ran a little test for myself. So for the first 2 weeks I had 0 Moonstone library sets in my city when the latest changes happened and was absolutely struggling to raise enough SF to upgrade an AW, I believe I upgraded exactly 0.

Then I made space and added 8 Moonstone sets from which I collect 4.200 SF per day or 29.400 SF per week.
I no longer need to sell off my inventory for SF, I can continue to craft, albeit not as prolifically as I did pre the changes but I've managed to add 2 levels to my MM, level 31 and 32, so not the cheapest and from level 28 too 29 on my Thrones. (I also gained a lot of SF via the spire, of course but not enough to upgrade and craft).

For those who have 0 Moonstone sets or just the one, they are clearly at a major disadvantage when it comes to SF.
Even after the latest tweaks, the changes to the cost of upgrading AWs is indefensible.

@InnoGames should have only changed the cost of the older AWs at level 31 (if at all), left all the lower levels as they were and I'm sure more players would have found that more acceptable, IMO.

The latest changes are ludicrous but I get they are here to stay, I don't think the same can be said for a lot of the player bass....shrugs.
I just know that they'll make a substantial change now. Just after you placed your moonstone sets of course. I also also bit the bullet today and put down the sets I had in both my cities' inventories - 11 Libraries and 27 Endless Scrolls in one city and 19 Libraries and 18 Endless Scrolls in the other - So now I bet Inno can't wait make the substantial changes that we made to our cities obsolete and so we'll have to waste a ton of teleports to put the sets back into inventory in the near future! o_O

Kazzandra

Alchemist

I stopped upgrading AWs. All are moving into the ready to upgrade mode, where they remain.

I too placed the moonstone libraries. I won’t waste them on AWs.

I will get a Temple of Spirits, but this has turned into an all out boycott of Inno. I play everyday but not the same way.

I am less forgiving than you.

Kazzandra

Alchemist
I just know that they'll make a substantial change now. Just after you placed your moonstone sets of course. I also also bit the bullet today and put down the sets I had in both my cities' inventories - 11 Libraries and 27 Endless Scrolls in one city and 19 Libraries and 18 Endless Scrolls in the other - So now I bet Inno can't wait make the substantial changes that we made to our cities obsolete and so we'll have to waste a ton of teleports to put the sets back into inventory in the near future! o_O
And moderators will make excuses for the problem you detailed do well.

The enablers are infuriating.

SkyRider99

Immortal
I stopped upgrading AWs. All are moving into the ready to upgrade mode, where they remain.
A possible upside to this increasingly common state of affairs is that those fellowships who insist on 'KP threads' may find that it has become a waste of time. Maybe some new FS membership vacancies will begin to be viable, since I will never consider joining a fellowship with these maniacal and compulsory KP schemes. It's too similar to some obsessive compulsive disorder for my taste. :cool:

1707660215285.png

OldHag

Necromancer
I see @InnoGames have added a couple of new recipes into the MA so we can now make spell fragments in exchange for CCs (Remember to feed your Tinlugs now during the FA) so that's something players should find useful.
I can foresee a problem with RRs in the future too. I know you can craft them in the MA but you need blueprints for that, so is it possible to add a RR recipe to the MA that uses CCs only, I think that would be really helpful, as you need those now every 5 levels of upgrade costs.

SkyRider99

Immortal
Perhaps not what Inno wants to hear, but you are losing people.
It could be that they're not hearing it, because fewer players are making louder noise over on Disc0rd? How does that old saying go? 'An empty drum makes the loudest noise'.

My passion has also been maimed and disfigured @Killiak. I try to retain some of the interest for now. When/if the PTB destroy the Forum even that will be questionable. Let's hang in there and see what happens?

Jake65

Sage
This is a summary of the effect of the new AW upgrade costs for a chapter 8 player.
We used to swap KP quite regularly, now it's become rather one-sided :(
If this could pleeeeeease be looked at by Inno, for the sake of all the players in this position.

NotCool.jpg

Kazzandra

Alchemist
It could be that they're not hearing it, because fewer players are making louder noise over on Disc0rd? How does that old saying go? 'An empty drum makes the loudest noise'.

My passion has also been maimed and disfigured @Killiak. I try to retain some of the interest for now. When/if the PTB destroy the Forum even that will be questionable. Let's hang in there and see what happens?
Once again, they asked for feedback in regards to the last event. This feedback happens here, never on discord.

There was nothing special about this event. Same ole, same ole. That’s the same problem that goes back soooo long, I don’t remember. Nevertheless, I played this event, got what I wanted, and focused on other aspects of the game. There are no AW developments.

This won’t change for me. I am not wasting spell fragments. Speaking of SFs, I am collecting them every time they appear in the magi academy. Essentially, I am trading CCs for SFs, then converting them for whatever I want from the Magic Academy.

I don’t expect any changes in the game, not until the bottom line, their ability to profit, is affected. My suspicion is that, according to comments here, namely that there are fewer comments as well as less angrier comments, is a reflection of the players not giving their money away in order to improve game play.

I have no way of confirming this. It would not surprise me.

In regards to the suggestions for add ons to deal with the spell fragments problem, I don’t support any of those ideas because they would leave the AW problem as it is.

The easiest solution is pay to play for spell fragments.

The next easiest is to put the AWs back to the way they were before they made these changes.