• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

You knew it was coming....

Kazzandra

Alchemist
Fairness is irrelevant. When someone has played for a *long* time, and invested time, effort, and money then of course they will have an advantage. What is unfair is that the PTB have pillaged our cities and crippled our resources, just to make some whining noobies feel less miserable about themselves.
I disagree. The noobies won’t stay. The costs are too high.

This is about selling spell fragments.

A fake competition where you compete with players you don’t know, until you realize, the ones above you spent more than you did.

Kazzandra

Alchemist
I disagree. The noobies won’t stay. The costs are too high.

This is about selling spell fragments.

A fake competition where you compete with players you don’t know, until you realize, the ones above you spent more than you did.
I’d like to further elaborate.
The consequences of the spell fragments will be:
1-players stop upgrading AWs

2-players stop placing AWs in the kingdom’s

3-players teleport the AWs back into the inventory

AWs now take up too much space because the costs of upgrading them is too high. They simply become research tools in order to complete quests. However, placing so many that take too long to upgrade detracts from the overall development. It was already too slow, but now, the costs, the prices, are too high for developing so many AWs at the same time. It’s not about developing one AW.

It’s about developing as many as you want.
Numbers don’t lie. Unless a player spends $100s of dollars, it can not be done.

There are simply too many cool AWs that help speed up the game.

OldHag

Necromancer
Can someone explain to me please, what happened during the recent changes to cause my troops trained per slot to drop by 20k for example in my merc camp, I'm a bit lost over this. Tks. :)

Laurelin

Sorcerer
ĹCan someone explain to me please, what happened during the recent changes to cause my troops trained per slot to drop by 20k for example in my merc camp, I'm a bit lost over this. Tks.
@OldHag : Loving your posts! And your spirit... ^_^

My best guess is that you have both Shrooms and Bulwark levelled quite high? Plus a fair number of Armouries (4+)? If so, this has happened because both Shrooms and Bulwark now do exactly the same thing (i.e. act as a multiplier of basic Squad Size), whereas before, Bulwark used total Armoury levels as its base function, and also acted as +1 Armoury itself.

In fact, Squad Size is now the fundamental parameter for many AWs which formerly used other City factors as their base figure.

IMO, Inno is funnelling players into a Combat strategy, and of course (even if they're Caterers) into becoming primarily Tourney/Spire players who sometimes build something in their City, rather than primarily being City builders who sometimes engage in Tourney/Spire.

On a relevant note, there have been rumours for over a year now that the Spire will have another floor added, or maybe more, so I consider it quite likely that such an addition will be introduced as a pre-prepared 'solution' to the outrage about the game's new dependency on Spire Resources (S.Frags/CCs). I'm seeing (Forum) reports that Inno are already making cryptic promotional remarks on Discord about 'exciting changes' to the Spire this year.

Incidentally, I'd say that Inno's most significant financial motive for trying to rework Elvenar into a high-pressure/competitive game which requires committed group play, rather than a casual game which is (was?) playable solo, albeit slowly, and in smaller/laid-back groups, is almost certainly because player competition (not only the direct PvP type but also the indirect score/ranking-focused type), as well as FOMO generated by seeing Event/other 'exclusive/limited edition' items etc. which the group owns, are the two best earners in online games, bar gambling. The introduction of Event Leagues, with exclusive pay-friendly content, indicated a clear shift towards focusing on competitive rather than casual playstyles, and it's also the case that FoE (which features direct PvP... er, doh!) consistently makes more money/player than Elvenar, despite being the same game (in building terms) with different graphics.

Anyway. The only practical difference between the two Training Size-boosting AWs now, outside of some maths, is which free Units they produce; LM or LR.

NB : My info here is taken from reports by players who had set up long Troop production queues to avoid their Barracks/TG/MC standing idle overnight.

... But if that's NOT your situation (?), then I'm out of ideas, sorry.

NB : @everyone : There's a long & interesting comments thread on US with specific figures/details on a lot of the AW changes, with excellent breakdowns by Mykan, Rythiel (sp.?), Pheryll, and other expert strategist players, together with a detailed list of multiple AW changes written by Solaris, the US Community Manager (which I think may originally have been posted on Discord?... not sure).

I'll go and find the thread link. Highly useful info. ETA : SEE NEXT POST

Last edited:

Laurelin

Sorcerer
Here you go:

Specific post by Solaris (quoted from Discord by Pheryll) ~ different thread:

Hope this is useful. A lot of very good discussions & info to read through.

SkyRider99

Immortal
...they would have to sell the ancient wonder and lose all the levels that have it at currently....
Just one further way that Inno has devised to crush our spirit. After careful and skilled management to grow our cities over the years, we now may be faced with the decision(s) to burn treasured buildings like AWs, either because we can't afford the upgrade costs, or because we suddenly don't have enough culture buildings!

P.S.
Some conspiracies are true.

1706313114772.png

SkyRider99

Immortal
It's nigh on impossible to respond to this patronising, duplicitous Inno sophistry with clean comments so probably best I don't comment except to say that this is without doubt by far the worst and most ridiculous change that Inno have made to the game since I started playing.
Nicely stated @EdwardTrunk. Your Herculean efforts at propriety and understatement are to be admired. I will try to exhibit more self-restraint to follow your good example. No promises though. :)

SkyRider99

Immortal
Hope this is useful. A lot of very good discussions & info to read through.
Great links thanks @Laurelin.

Considering the large number of comments posted in those forums/fora against the latest destructive game nerfs, I think our forum has been too mild in the (well-deserved) criticism we have posted against the Inno madness. But maybe I am being too kind to call them 'mad'.

OldHag

Necromancer
Thank you so much @Laurelin - trying to figure this out has had my head in a spin. I had to read and reread your post so it sank in....I even had to get the calculator out (lol).
I do have 20 armouries, a level 32 shrooms and level 15 DB. I had not long got my training slots up to102k per slot, but after the change it dropped to 82k per slot (I nearly cried), but I get it now, so thank you so much. :)

Those links are a very good read too, very interesting to get a glimpse of the US forums and opinions over there. I particularly enjoyed reading the 'Quick and Dirty Summary' thread. Lots of good info and a great post explaining the changes to each of the AWS. Thanks for sharing :)

Last edited:

richardo56

Adventurer
Just one further way that Inno has devised to crush our spirit. After careful and skilled management to grow our cities over the years, we now may be faced with the decision(s) to burn treasured buildings like AWs, either because we can't afford the upgrade costs, or because we suddenly don't have enough culture buildings!

P.S.
Some conspiracies are true.

View attachment 8297
A song springs to mind- just another brick in the wall!

Feeling the same way sadly, no idea how my own city works now, let alone others I try to help, playing 8 years and counting and only have 1 moonstone set also.
I feel the same. As Archmage I am struggling to offer advice and encouragement to my teamies. I no longer feel enthusiastic and excited about progression in the game as its just a struggle now.

Last edited: