• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered if the city was demolished

Tristeria

Dreamer
I have a question. If one player shared his password with a friend and this so-called friend passed the password to a third party who disliked the player, and, having taken possession of his password, demolished everything that could be demolished, will they compensate the injured party, including AW .

Silmaril

Community Manager
Elvenar Team

anonglitch

Co-Community Manager
Elvenar Team
Indeed, precisely for the situation you are bringing, the game rules do not allow you to share your accounts/passwords. It is one of the main ones, mainly for your very own protection. While you are at it, also take a look over the Forum Rules, as it is a great source to learn a lot about the game :)

BluebellLadybird

Adventurer
When I go around my area to do visits, it saddens me to see so many abandoned cities. I really think that if a city is abandoned for months and the player does not respond to reminders, then other players should be able to take them over, by auction or application to buy. It could be made clear from the outset of joining so there are no disputes. I also think that if a city has been abandoned for a certain time, eg, 6 weeks with no activity, then an icon could be put above it so that when looking for new players to join the f/s it simplifies the whole process.

DeletedUser6357

The buildings in the city do not need to be sold - if the third player really does not like the first fool and violator of the rules, it is worse to change the email address and so the first player will lose his city completely.

anonglitch

Co-Community Manager
Elvenar Team
The system clears inactive accounts, but it has several different aspects to keep into account. However, many inactive cities clear, turning into Gold Mines (gives you gold as per an NH visit). Eventually, a new city from a new player will appear there. However, we do not keep control of it, but the automated system.

However, as state above. Let's abide by the rules in the first place, ¡and we will not need to worry about our very own city deletion!

Timneh

Artisan
The system clears inactive accounts, but it has several different aspects to keep into account. However, many inactive cities clear, turning into Gold Mines (gives you gold as per an NH visit). Eventually, a new city from a new player will appear there. However, we do not keep control of it, but the automated system.

This only applies to new/small cities. If a city reaches chapter 3 or the player has bought diamonds for that city it never gets deleted. I think i read somewhere that there was supposed to be a new system that moves older/bigger cities to the edge of the map but there has been no evidence of that happening in my neighbourhood, i have loads of inactive cities around me(quite a few new ones sincethe new tournaments were introduced).

Sharing log in details might be against the rules but i know for a fact that it does happen. In the past my FS gained 2 new players because in their old FS they were asked to let other members use their accounts to get badges for FAs while they were offline sleeping or working.

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
I think as a general rule of thumb (but don't quote me) any Cities below Chapter 4/5 that become inactive are deleted/moved on the map to make way for new players. However if any Diamond Purchases have been made, the City becomes a premium city and remains for evermore.... Inactive Cities are a bit of a nemesis, certainly for Fellowships.

Last edited:

BlueBlou

Illusionist
I suspect that cities created via Facebook also don’t get deleted. I have a friend from another game and she started her city that way. Her very beginner city is still there. Incidentally, close to one of mine, so I go say hello each day although I know nobody is home and the visit won’t be returned ...

Pauly7

Master of the Elements
I think as a general rule of thumb (but don't quote me) any Cities below Chapter 4/5 that become inactive are deleted/moved on the map to make way for new players. However if any Diamond Purchases have been made, the City becomes a premium city and remains for evermore.... Inactive Cities are a bit of a nemesis, certainly for Fellowships.
That appears to be the case, however... the devs say that they now have a mechanism for removing more advanced inactive cities from the game also. However this is supposed to take a lot longer... and the jury is still out on whether it actually happens.

cwgiii

Shaman
Silmaril, Is the new process automated (like the existing process)? Or, does it need a manual action to initiate (like a ticket from neighbors)?

BluebellLadybird

Adventurer

However, as state above. Let's abide by the rules in the first place, ¡and we will not need to worry about our very own city deletion!
Thank you for the reply:) I had a vague recollection from when I joined that Inno could remove my city after an absence/ prolonged inactivity. How long does it take for the system to convert these cities to gold mines? I collect those gold coins routinely. Also, I would not share my password.