• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Discussion News from Beta (may contain spoilers!)

Pauly7

Magus
Can it be true? Here is a building designed for early game players? Come on guys, it does happen occasionally, and the developers do like to help all players, not just late stage gamers. :)
I'm not certain that it's much more worthwhile for an early game player. In chapter 1 on level 10 this building will pay out 17 Mages in 24 hours (meh... possibly slightly interesting before you've unlocked Mage training), and 1,312 tools in 24 hours. Admittedly having a handful of T3, 170 population and 340 culture will make it worth considering, but on a 4x4 footprint it still isn't a gimme.

DeletedUser3571

Considering that the 2 of the last 3 grand prizes the coldifre phoenix and the air set are both more helpful to those at the beginning then the end and the may tree wasn't a great help for either. I don't think its to much to ask that one could be aimed at end game players.

Hekata

Artisan
What I like so far about the new event is that the new daily buildings have a rather small footprint, 2x2, 2x3... I like to have some buildings in my city for purely aesthetic reason so this way even if their stats are not that good they will not take up a lot of space.

I have noticed the chests have changed. Now what used to be chest 83 is chest 92 and chest 83 has a different content: it's like a scaled down chest 160. I'm waiting now for someone to make the calculation what the best chest for daily or for main prize will be. Although if the amount of currency we get is similar to the two previous events it won't make much of the difference since getting both all the main prizes and most of the dailies wasn't hard.

Gargon667

Mentor
Sounds like another completely uninteresting event, get the grandprize put it in (or not, won´t matter much either way) grab a few dailies and forget about the whole thing ASAP. 3 in a row now... Falling asleep just reading the news...

If there isn´t an FA soon I don´t know what i am playing this game for...

DeletedUser7526

Don’t get disheartened yet folks. We might still have a 20 kp on a daily ( or an even reduced version of it )

Hekata

Artisan
Every time we have new event most players here say that the main prize is uninspiring, poor, not worth placing... So, I'm genuinely wondering what would the majority here conciser to be a good main prize? However keep in mind it can't be overpowered buildings like the fire bird or the brown bear or the harvest set because we now have events almost every month and it would break the balance and also because each time we get an overpowered building we have the problem of new players not having them and being at a big disadvantage.
Personally I'd be perfectly fine with a really good pop/culture building as the main prize, but I have the feeling most here would say: Who needs pop and culture, that's no main prize!

Julian

Sorcerer
So, I'm genuinely wondering what would the majority here conciser to be a good main prize? However keep in mind it can't be overpowered buildings like the fire bird or the brown bear or the harvest set because we now have events almost every month and it would break the balance
Have fewer events with better rewards. I'm sure we can fill the time saved with other things.

Gargon667

Mentor
Every time we have new event most players here say that the main prize is uninspiring, poor, not worth placing... So, I'm genuinely wondering what would the majority here conciser to be a good main prize? However keep in mind it can't be overpowered buildings like the fire bird or the brown bear or the harvest set because we now have events almost every month and it would break the balance and also because each time we get an overpowered building we have the problem of new players not having them and being at a big disadvantage.
Personally I'd be perfectly fine with a really good pop/culture building as the main prize, but I have the feeling most here would say: Who needs pop and culture, that's no main prize!

I personally like the evolving buildings, but they are nothing worth getting excited about (or well not since the brown bear nearly a year ago anyway). I place them all and even upgrade them all, I find them all good fillers, you are right, we cannot get a brown bear/Firebird every month. But something exciting once a year would be nice :) And at least one useful daily prize every event. I also wouldn´t mind a good pop/cult hybrid. Whatever as long as it is better than all the stuff we already have (if it´s worse, what´s the point?)
But what I really want is a challenge, not one interchangeable thing after another that puts me to sleep before I even start it.

Hekata

Artisan
Have fewer events with better rewards. I'm sure we can fill the time saved with other things.
Sure, I agree, that is the easiest solution. However, I remember that each time some players called for less events because they wanted a break to just build their cities, there was a group of players who said: "No, we are bored (end-game usually) and we want more things to do and if you don't like it just don't play events." I guess Inno listened and these are the consequences.

Pauly7

Magus
Every time we have new event most players here say that the main prize is uninspiring, poor, not worth placing... So, I'm genuinely wondering what would the majority here conciser to be a good main prize?
For this Golem I think the Mages just don't amount to enough to be part of a main prize equation. If they took those out and replaced them with coins like The May Tree then, without ever being exciting, it'd be worth it's space.

I actually think I will place it, but only because I have a Dwarven level workshop to replace for it.

There would be nothing wrong with a nice culture/pop hybrid. Perhaps even a set of 2 with the second being a seed/tools producer.

Gargon667

Mentor
Sure, I agree, that is the easiest solution. However, I remember that each time some players called for less events because they wanted a break to just build their cities, there was a group of players who said: "No, we are bored (end-game usually) and we want more things to do and if you don't like it just don't play events." I guess Inno listened and these are the consequences.

They could easily throw in a challenge and a Mini event after every event with a carting library as a prize, but nobody spends money on that...

An FA is way overdue now, and is another thing that can be skipped by people that don´t like it. All of these would be options to spend time for those that want to do something and are time off for people that want that instead...

Hekata

Artisan
I personally like the evolving buildings, but they are nothing worth getting excited about (or well not since the brown bear nearly a year ago anyway). I place them all and even upgrade them all, I find them all good fillers, you are right, we cannot get a brown bear/Firebird every month. But something exciting once a year would be nice :) And at least one useful daily prize every event. I also wouldn´t mind a good pop/cult hybrid. Whatever as long as it is better than all the stuff we already have (if it´s worse, what´s the point?)
But what I really want is a challenge, not one interchangeable thing after another that puts me to sleep before I even start it.
Yes, getting a very good building once (or twice) a year is what makes the most sense to me too. I sort of think we get the best stuff during the fall event so I'm hoping one of the 2 events following this one will bring us a special building. An I'm also happy if there is one good daily per event but that's a bit of a subjective category. For instance during the last event there were 2 good daily buildings for me: the orc ship and the amuni ship because I was getting very low on both orcs and seeds. That was fast way to rebuild it. Someone who didn't need any of it probably thought they are not good dailies.
I don't know about the challenge part, I never found any event particularly challenging, for me that's more the FA, but I even when there is nothing particularly good in events, you always get more KPs and troops just from opening chests than you'd get without the event. I have adjusted my expectations since they've nerfed the events and I'm quite happy to at the very least just get those.

Hekata

Artisan
For this Golem I think the Mages just don't amount to enough to be part of a main prize equation.
That's the problem with most evolving buildings IMO and why I don't like them that much, they always give a bit of everything but overall not that much. I'd always rather have a good building with just 2 things but both at very decent levels.

If they took those out and replaced them with coins like The May Tree then, without ever being exciting, it'd be worth it's space.
This was also a bit my point: if you exclude the overpowered buildings that all players would like ofc, everything else is a bit subjective. You'd like a lot of coins but some players don't need more coins. Personally, my T3 is always a bit behind my other tiers and I always need more tools and pop so this building suits me fine. And those mages are a just a nice bonus to it although I do agree it could be a bigger amount or even better mages from the mercenary camp or training ground for a change.
There would be nothing wrong with a nice culture/pop hybrid. Perhaps even a set of 2 with the second being a seed/tools producer.
Actually this would be perfect for me! Maybe you could suggest it on Beta :)

Hekata

Artisan
They could easily throw in a challenge and a Mini event after every event with a carting library as a prize, but nobody spends money on that...

An FA is way overdue now, and is another thing that can be skipped by people that don´t like it. All of these would be options to spend time for those that want to do something and are time off for people that want that instead...
I agree with all of this. I actually used to like the mini events (like the Halloween one) more than the regular ones. However as you said not much money in it for Inno.
And speaking of the Carting library, I'm disappointed that it's again not among the grand prizes :(

Errandil

Conjurer
So, I'm genuinely wondering what would the majority here conciser to be a good main prize? However keep in mind it can't be overpowered buildings like the fire bird or the brown bear or the harvest set because we now have events almost every month and it would break the balance and also because each time we get an overpowered building we have the problem of new players not having them and being at a big disadvantage.
Particularly this time I would prefer either much more mages (and preferably not the barracks ones) so it would worth trying to go for the second building, or at least the usual 3 KP instead of mages. Lately I find the evolving buildings a good way to increase the KP income when you have space.
Generally speaking something at the level of the Tower of the Winter King would be great. Besides I think that the current approach only increases the balance issues, now we have a bunch of players who were at the right place at the right time and have a bunch of overpowered buildings, and all the rest get what we are getting for the last half a year. Since there's a hard limit on both the tournament and the spire one can do each week adding more powerful buildings would actually decrease the balance issues.

Deleted User - 1759805

I'm waiting now for someone to make the calculation what the best chest for daily or for main prize will be.
I have updated my event chest strategy calculators for Sorcerers' Pilgrimage event (July 2020). The chest setup is quite different this time around, a lot of reshuffling happened there. Given the same amount of event currency as in the previous event, and using the best chest strategies for each, you can expect to get a little bit more grand prizes, a little bit more daily prizes, and less of combined AWKP+KP.
  • Manual Event Chest Strategy calculator
    • Here you define your own Elvenar event chest-opening strategy manually (i.e. you specify priorities for chests), and this calculator can tell you what are the expected outcomes of this strategy for all the rewards.
  • Optimal Event Chest Strategy calculator
    • But why would you want to figure out a strategy by yourself? Ultimately, you just want to focus on particular rewards, and this calculator can figure out an appropriate Elvenar event chest-opening strategy specific for the rewards you are targeting. And yes, you can target more than one reward!
In other news, (formerly purple) chest that used to suck for both GP and DP equally bad, is now half price and is not even the most expensive anymore. It is now also the best chest for dailies as it is still 30% chance of hitting it, except it will now cost only 83. I fully expect it to be nerfed ASAP ;)

Hekata

Artisan
Besides I think that the current approach only increases the balance issues, now we have a bunch of players who were at the right place at the right time and have a bunch of overpowered buildings, and all the rest get what we are getting for the last half a year. Since there's a hard limit on both the tournament and the spire one can do each week adding more powerful buildings would actually decrease the balance issues.
If you mean the balance between old and new players than maybe it would fix it, but it certainly would not help the balance of the game. I don't think the devs ever intended for players to get 600+ kps from the tourney on weekly bases. There are rumours the tournaments will be changed very soon; if it's true, then my guess is that it's precisely to address that issue.