• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Discussion Gathering of the Phoenix Cults

Pauly7

Magus
On beta the recipes finished a couple of days after the event ended, I would assume it will be the saame on the live servers too.
Hmm, so that doesn't bode well for my thoughts of getting two new Phoenix artefacts in the next FA and converting them to an old Phoenix artefact.

Deleted User - 1759805

On beta the recipes finished a couple of days after the event ended, I would assume it will be the saame on the live servers too.
They still report having artifact recipes on beta as of today (2020-04-10).

AstralSoul

Illusionist
Quoted for truth.

Anyway mate, don't get bothered by that offensive chap, just block (ignore) him like the rest of us do.

Thanks, I was expecting that:

Honestly = chap, obviously. You only want to read what you desire and agree with you (remember, insulting other members is not permitted in the forums.) Enjoy your wishing well farms dry. INNO can make their well deserve money for a great free game. Funny you ignored me with all the advice I gave. Too bad you guys didn't follow it, and now you will see a hatchling, rather than a nice lv10 chicken.

Good luck @Silmaril remember to visualize them popping in your MA. You'll have your big bad bird :D What level is yours so far?

Hmm, so that doesn't bode well for my thoughts of getting two new Phoenix artefacts in the next FA and converting them to an old Phoenix artefact.

Yup, I was afraid of that. One reason I tried to do the stuff sooner rather than later. Good luck, possibly you will get it, we still have time!

Silmaril

Community Manager
Elvenar Team
They still report having artifact recipes on beta as of today (2020-04-10).
Ah now that is initeresting as not what was being said in sm! thats cheered me up :D

RainbowElvira

Sorcerer
Still 4 days left, but probably nothing much will happen in that time. So here's my summary:

What I like most about the event is the splash screen, I know it's a matter of taste, but for me it's utterly beautiful. Kudos to the artist.

Other positive aspects for me were the fixed quests and the story around them. The quests were doable for me, and I even finished almost one week early. Players who did not already own a red Phoenix could get one to a decent level.

The downsides: for me, the prizes were disappointing. I replaced a chapter 14 Fields of Gold with a Phoenix Painter - that's it. One daily prize, the rest went into the inventory, really sad. The grand prize is another evolving building, and a weak one at that. Worse, it's a pet with a poor feeding effect. I like to think that this event was meant to give everybody the chance to get a Fire Phoenix. This soothes me somewhat, but please no more evolving buildings.

Although I welcome that we have a story to the event again, it kinda ended somewhat prematurely. With fixed quests it should be possible to have a meaningful story until the end. In earlier events, the quest was linked to the story, I loved that.

I understand that with endless quests there has to be something to stop the players from overachieving. I cannot understand why the devs implemented "gain 40 vision vapor" quests when there is only a fixed amount of quests anyway. Nobody can overachieve, and it's really annoying to wait two or more days for such a quest to fulfil.

I think the devs are on the wrong track, I'd like to have them take a step back and look at the events prior to Phoenix 2019. Maybe we could get some of the glory of those events back.

Pauly7

Magus
I think the devs are on the wrong track, I'd like to have them take a step back and look at the events prior to Phoenix 2019. Maybe we could get some of the glory of those events back.
The recurring problem now is that no effort really goes into events anymore. It's a slightly mixed message when there are double the number of events, but the work that goes into any one now seems to be a fraction of what they used to do. A year or two ago we would have a 28 day event once a quarter and on about 20 of those days there would be new and unique daily prizes. I don't care all that much about stats, but it meant that I could have my pick of these 20 brand new buildings and there were always a couple that looked good to me.

As far as I am concerned this tournament is the lowest ebb yet. There were a total of two (I believe) new buildings. The rest were all wheeled back out from last year. Even then there are not even 20 old buildings. They picked about 8 or 9 and sent them all out at least twice. Just to make that all worse there wasn't one single daily prize day that allowed players to get any alternative to these second hand buildings.

The grand prize was at least new, but fairly useless to most people except new players. To make it worse the subsequent FA is STILL offering us up two more of this latest artifact.

I know that the devs have been busy with the new chapter and probably dealing with the strains of working in these strange times, but I for one would rather they stopped slinging event after event at us if they offer up so little new or useful content that all they do is make people feel worse about this game.

Maybe I'm being harsh, but to be clear I think whether the right choices have been made on the style of quest list or the opening of chests are just minor points of discussion compared to the lack of new buildings in recent events.

Edit: Sorry I forgot to add my element of positivity. I agree that it is a good thing to allow people the opportunity to upgrade last year's Phoenixes. For that I am grateful.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
The recurring problem now is that no effort really goes into events anymore. It's a slightly mixed message when there are double the number of events, but the work that goes into any one now seems to be a fraction of what they used to do. A year or two ago we would have a 28 day event once a quarter and on about 20 of those days there would be new and unique daily prizes. I don't care all that much about stats, but it meant that I could have my pick of these 20 brand new buildings and there were always a couple that looked good to me.

As far as I am concerned this tournament is the lowest ebb yet. There were a total of two (I believe) new buildings. The rest were all wheeled back out from last year. Even then there are not even 20 old buildings. They picked about 8 or 9 and sent them all out at least twice. Just to make that all worse there wasn't one single daily prize day that allowed players to get any alternative to these second hand buildings.

The grand prize was at least new, but fairly useless to most people except new players. To make it worse the subsequent FA is STILL offering us up two more of this latest artifact.

I know that the devs have been busy with the new chapter and probably dealing with the strains of working in these strange times, but I for one would rather they stopped slinging event after event at us if they offer up so little new or useful content that all they do is make people feel worse about this game.

Maybe I'm being harsh, but to be clear I think whether the right choices have been made on the style of quest list or the opening of chests are just minor points of discussion compared to the lack of new buildings in recent events.

Edit: Sorry I forgot to add my element of positivity. I agree that it is a good thing to allow people the opportunity to upgrade last year's Phoenixes. For that I am grateful.

Phoenix Sculptor
Phoenix Painter
Lava Egg
Phoenix Anatomist
Colfire Phoenix

It ain't great but neither that bad,

I think usually is was 6-8 new buildings.
Not using old buildings would be a waste of recources, and some are just cool, so I think it's only right some come back over time.

The worst part this event for me was no sink and which buildings repeated, It would make sense to have the new buildings pop up twice but older ones?
And no sink, that was the bigges bummer ever. on my main account I am still sitting on 6200 essence having no clue on what to use it. Guess the last day (biggest building) in case some day far far far in the future they decide to limit the amount of fragments we can aquire or so. no clue what else.

I am totally lost, I think this is also a bad thing for them as there is no reason to buy essence and sink that into a sink. no reason at all :(*
*unless you are on a new world / account and need the fire phoenix

This to a certain extend should hurt there sales, thou the fire phoenix might camoflage that loss this time.

Pauly7

Magus
Phoenix Sculptor
Phoenix Painter
Lava Egg
Phoenix Anatomist
Colfire Phoenix

It ain't great but neither that bad,

I think usually is was 6-8 new buildings.
Not using old buildings would be a waste of recources, and some are just cool, so I think it's only right some come back over time.
I'm not counting the Phoenix as I was only referring to daily prizes... but my bad, I'd forgotten the Lava Egg and the Phoenix Anatomist.

4 new buildings is still not much at all. I don't have the inclination to go back and check, but I am thinking back to events like the Herds Gathering where as far as I knew it was a brand new building every day, except on those days where they offered temp military upgrade buildings instead (I think we were before the days of time reducers or KP instants).

OK, that one might be the two and a half years back (I think), but we used to be excited for the quarterly events to be on the way and to look through the list of buildings to decide which ones we wanted.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
I'm not counting the Phoenix as I was only referring to daily prizes... but my bad, I'd forgotten the Lava Egg and the Phoenix Anatomist.

4 new buildings is still not much at all. I don't have the inclination to go back and check, but I am thinking back to events like the Herds Gathering where as far as I knew it was a brand new building every day, except on those days where they offered temp military upgrade buildings instead (I think we were before the days of time reducers or KP instants).

OK, that one might be the two and a half years back (I think), but we used to be excited for the quarterly events to be on the way and to look through the list of buildings to decide which ones we wanted.

The event you are referring to was the March of the herds event, form 2016?2017? that was like the handfull of first events introduced to the game, so it makes sense every day was a new building, tho in those days we also had recurring buildings, Silver Unicorn, Sun Codex, Spring Flower Cage, Leaf Codex, Crystal Unicorn, Rainbow Flower Cage Rainbow Unicorn and Lava Codex if not mistaken were all "former event" prizes.
It was also the introduction of combat related buildings and most of the buildings we now see in the crafting menu.

I am slightly suprised I dont see those unicorns not that often in events anymore, they were pretty popular. or are they all in the crafting menu now?

Hekata

Artisan

I think the that small amount of new dailies might have something to do with both the number of events we now have and with the evo buildings. The evo building has 10 stage and they all have to be designed so it's basically like designing 10 buildings, even if we are all only interested in the last stage. And since the vents are so cramped it might leave little time for a lot of new dailies.
Having said that, I do think that even the 4 new dailies we got all look the same. It's like just a variation of the same elements and colours. If you look at the old Phoenix buildings they are all very different. When they first came out I remember being fascinated by how many different yet all egg/phoenix themed buildings they made. These 4 new ones look like just pieces of the same building, one that I personally don't like.

AstralSoul

Illusionist
I think the that small amount of new dailies might have something to do with both the number of events we now have and with the evo buildings. The evo building has 10 stage and they all have to be designed so it's basically like designing 10 buildings, even if we are all only interested in the last stage. And since the vents are so cramped it might leave little time for a lot of new dailies.
Having said that, I do think that even the 4 new dailies we got all look the same. It's like just a variation of the same elements and colours. If you look at the old Phoenix buildings they are all very different. When they first came out I remember being fascinated by how many different yet all egg/phoenix themed buildings they made. These 4 new ones look like just pieces of the same building, one that I personally don't like.

It's a good thing though, especially if you did not have a firebird, no need to sacrifice a cool building for the firebird, as the coldfire is kind of meh.

QFol2

Conjurer
I was hoping for a decent level firebird in my city in Fel, but I've only had the conversion recipe appear once since having enough artefacts to use :-( so it is only level 5 so far (I have 2 more pairs of artefacts waiting to be converted).

Pauly7

Magus
That's a good point I hadn't thought of. If that's the case, though, I wish they would stop with the evolving buildings - or at least make them look the same at any level. People only want them at level 10 anyway, so if Inno is wasting artwork resources on designing 10 unique looking levels then that strikes me as much less important than giving us 9 extra nice new daily buildings.

Hekata

Artisan
It's a good thing though, especially if you did not have a firebird, no need to sacrifice a cool building for the firebird, as the coldfire is kind of meh.
That was indeed my first thought :D It would have been very difficult for me to make a choice if this Phoenix was also with a great feeding effect.
That doesn't explain why the dailies are a bit meh. But I think that from now on we have to be satisfied if we can take away one good thing from the event and forget the good old times when we'd end up with a lot of great prizes.

Hekata

Artisan
That's a good point I hadn't thought of. If that's the case, though, I wish they would stop with the evolving buildings - or at least make them look the same at any level. People only want them at level 10 anyway, so if Inno is wasting artwork resources on designing 10 unique looking levels then that strikes me as much less important than giving us 9 extra nice new daily buildings.
I agree. I'm not a big fan of evo buildings in general. And I also don't understand why we must get the same type of prizes for every event. First it was just hybrid buildings (pop/cult. or cult. /production), then set buildings, now it's evo buildings. Why can't it be different for every event?

I have often found dailies more useful than the main prize. That's why I never really complained if the pain prize wan't great as I'd go for the dailies.
Maybe they could just make the evo building be the same but of a different colour for every level. That wouldn't take much time in design and we could get a few new dailies. However there is also the fact that I don't have that much space left in my city, so if I like the new dailies but I also like my old ones... it might become a bit of a problem :)

Pauly7

Magus
However there is also the fact that I don't have that much space left in my city, so if I like the new dailies but I also like my old ones... it might become a bit of a problem :)
But that's a good problem to have though! Inno seems to want us to replace old event buildings and I would be happy to do that if anything appeared that I would be happy with having. I know that I am overly picky about what I choose to build in my city, but having more new buildings would give a much better chance of finding something I liked.

I think the last event building that I really liked and was excited about getting was Dr Frankenspleen. That was the Halloween mini-event right? (Ah I miss the mini-events.) In the December event there was nothing. I think I built a couple of little things with trees and a pond as they didn't look unnaturally wintry, but they were more sort of space fillers. I didn't want any of the floats in the first Spring event as none of them really made sense to me as "buildings". In this Phoenix event I did actually really like the Phoenix Sculptor, so I built it, although I had to accept that stats-wise it was no better than what I replaced with it, which was a chapter or two earlier.

I am happy to be able to use Royal Restoration spells now to keep my old buildings updated, but it would be nice to be able to replace some of them sometimes with viable alternatives. I'm not saying that my criteria for what makes a building good is what should be catered for, but if there were more new buildings then there would be a better chance of there being something for everyone.

I don't know if it is just coincidence, but it seems that when we had those 10 day mini-events there used to be a much better chance that the one building offered was something I really liked the look of. Not always, but a lot of the time.

Vorbog

Adventurer
I am interesting if the recepie for crafting Phoenix artefacts will continue to appears at MA during the upcoming FA. I would love to be able to craft the 2 artefacts from the adventure and further evolve my fire Phoenix. I am new to the game and didn't participate in the old Phoenix event so I don't have this bird. I still will not have fully evolved building but one level up is one level up.
If the recepie stop to appear it will be shame - a lot of people will end up with 2 useless artefacts.

QFol2

Conjurer
@Vorbog I just came on to ask the same question. Not because of the artefacts from the FA which will otherwise be wasted, but because I'm still waiting for the recipe to come up - so far, I've only been able to convert to the 2019 artefacts once in Fel, and I have 3 more pairs of current artefacts to convert.