• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

The Woodelvenstock Festival!

Jackluyt

Shaman
Conclusion (more to follow)

In my humble opinion:

1. All the Event buildings are glitzy gimmicks - they are great short-term fillers when you need some population or whatever - but they soon grow obsolete. Not worth much.
Rather build your city around strong high-level Ancient Wonders - which give permanent benefits.

2. The set buildings are glitzy gimmicks too, IMO.
They do not give enough benefits to justify the considerable disruption of your city architecture that you need to place them

3. The Wishing Wells produce an ungenerous trickle of Diamonds during their 100 day lifespan - the same as you could buy for the price of a burger and chips. The rest of their productions is feeble.
They are glitzy gimmicks - people hear the word 'Diamonds' - and then they stop thinking.

4. All I want from these Events is:
  • Knowledge Points that you can use to upgrade your Ancient Wonders
  • Instants of which you can never have enough
  • Military Buildings that I can place for 5 days to help my fellowship open 10 chests

DeletedUser

I see that Quest 38 to upgrade a building to level 14 has made its way here from Beta even AFTER it was pointed out that new people who have yet to unlock the ability to upgrade a building that far won't be able to do it.

In chapter 3 its possible to upgrade the main hall to lvl 14 once the Superior Main Hall tech has been done, however most people will be very tight on population and the Superior Residence tech isn't until further on in the chapter.

In Beta I contacted support and had the tech completed for me, no idea what will happen here but it does put a major damper on the event for the newer players.

Killiak

Artisan
I see that Quest 38 to upgrade a building to level 14 has made its way here from Beta even AFTER it was pointed out that new people who have yet to unlock the ability to upgrade a building that far won't be able to do it.

I find it AMAZING that we keep pointing things like this out to Inno in our feedback, over YEARS of playing, but that they still manage to overlook this when making new events.

Maybe @Muf-Muf can tell us that our feedback is being "heard". I'd feel so much better then.

Muf-Muf

Elvenar Team
Maybe @Muf-Muf can tell us that our feedback is being "heard". I'd feel so much better then.
It's heard.

An additional objective will be added for that particular quest. We're trying to get it into version 1.58 now, so that we won't have to wait two weeks for it. It's unknown if that'll work right now, but we're on it. The new objective will be: "Research 1 technology or upgrade 1 Building to level 15 or higher."

DeletedUser

It's heard.

An additional objective will be added for that particular quest. We're trying to get it into version 1.58 now, so that we won't have to wait two weeks for it. It's unknown if that'll work right now, but we're on it. The new objective will be: "Research 1 technology or upgrade 1 Building to level 15 or higher."
Thanks, that will make a big difference to the "little people"! :)

Killiak

Artisan
It's heard.

Thank you for replying.

In turn, I will try to dial down the hard sarcasm a bit. No promises though.

DeletedUser5116

I don't like the quest like : Upgrade 4 building to level 5 or higher,
as if you are playing all buildings upgraded, and used all the space there is to build the guest race buildings. There is no option to complete this quest.
I can remove my level 20 workshops and rebuild them but it will take a lot of time.
I cannot image this is the purpose of this quest.
I even do not have cultural buildings i can delete so really really stuck at this simple quest.
There should be an alternative.

And i also agree spending that much on buying KP's is a bit over the top. Maybe it would be a good idea to put in some 'jokers' where you can skip certain quests from the questline

DeletedUser5306

I had the same problem, no real space and no buildings left to upgrade as I am at the end of the chapter. What I did though is I just built 1 marble and 1 planks manufactory, they only use 1x2 and 2x1 spaces, no biggie and upgrading them to lvl 5 is fast and sizes don't change, no space for 4 so I upgraded both to lvl 5, removed them and built them again to lvl 5 and the quest was done.

Concerning the KP's I agree a bit too demanding...!!

Jackluyt

Shaman
All Event Quests should be constructive - so the Events are FUN to take part in!!

That's my opinion.

Quests that force you to build un-boosted buildings that you don't want, or break down buildings in a well planned city in order to rebuild them to fulfill a quest to upgrade to a level where you were already, and quests that force you to 'over-scout' - these are all No-No's in my book!!

The Puppet Machine and the Rotating Chests are great innovations - but they are spoiled by being coupled with a long list of boring and repetitious quests.

DeletedUser5116

All Event Quests should be constructive - so the Events are FUN to take part in!!

That's my opinion.

Quests that force you to build un-boosted buildings that you don't want, or break down buildings in a well planned city in order to rebuild them to fulfill a quest to upgrade to a level where you were already, and quests that force you to 'over-scout' - these are all No-No's in my book!!

The Puppet Machine and the Rotating Chests are great innovations - but they are spoiled by being coupled with a long list of boring and repetitious quests.

I totally agree that the Event Quest should be constructive, exactly like the in game quests, and I can imagine that it 's difficult to do good for everyone, but a cancel button on some quests or even a 'timed' cancel button might solve this already so you can skip those demanding quest for your city.

I also don't like building non-boosted goods, even in the Fellowship Adventure the use of un-boosted goods is promoted. Why are they pushing in that direction it's counterproductive, and for me it really gives the event a negative feeling, which is a pity because there is a lot invested in the messages, graphics, ... which i do like.

----------------------

I had the same problem, no real space and no buildings left to upgrade as I am at the end of the chapter. What I did though is I just built 1 marble and 1 planks manufactory, they only use 1x2 and 2x1 spaces, no biggie and upgrading them to lvl 5 is fast and sizes don't change, no space for 4 so I upgraded both to lvl 5, removed them and built them again to lvl 5 and the quest was done.

Concerning the KP's I agree a bit too demanding...!!
Thanks for the hint that should still be possible :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser6984

Quest #38 in Woodelvenstock: Upgrade 1 building to Level 14 or higher: this quest is impossible for me to do at the stage of the game I'm at--do I have to give up on Woodelvenstock, or are you going to provide an option for players in the same position that I am in: e.g. research 1 technology or even scout 1 province???

DeletedUser5306

It's heard.

I think they are working on it :)

Deleted User - 384643

What the silly term an "over-scouting".
Who decides that too much, if a city grows faster thanks to this and a progress is a main goal.
For me, over-scouting is bold YES. Benefits only:
1. faster expansion of the city (especially for early chapters).
2. more powerful buildings based on completed provinces and on scouting
(TRADER 2+
Seed_icon.png
, Spire / Lighthouse
Goods_small.png
, Heroes' Forge
20px-Orcs.png
, Maze
25px-Mana.png
, Tome
Supply_small.png
, Embassy
25px-Mana.png
).
3. more knowledge points, ranking points, relics and rune shards.

Finally, all late game players are over-scouted. What are the disadvantages?
So scout nonstop and complete the provinces of necessity.
The disadvantage is that the more provinces you've scouted, the more difficult tournaments become.
Also, when you need to scout for a quest it takes a really long time.
You might also have a problem when you need to win several battles for a quest.

DeletedUser6357

Degradation with "big" awards continues - I do not see any benefit from them.
All right.
There are nice daily awards. Not many, but I think they are enough. Almost.
Changing boxes with more options and choices I like.
You can change the entire set of inappropriate boxes with minimum ticket costs.

cwgiii

Shaman
Also, when you need to scout for a quest it takes a really long time.

This is true, but I can't remember the last time that Scouting for a quest was the ONLY option. Upgrading a building is usually an alternative. Plus, Instants can always help with either route.

LazyTony

Sorcerer
Couldn't agree more with Koekaker. I have been playing for 18 months, and my scout has been at work almost all of that time.

The true currency of this game is space. World map provinces give you more of it.

At times you may have to cater them all. At other times you can pick some easy fights, cater others, at other times its all possible by fighting. The best way to prepare for an event is as soon as you hear it's coming, stop completing provinces. Keep scouting, always keep scouting, just leave them to be completed when the quests come up.

There is one situation where the phrase "over-scouted" is valid - when you are blocked by a requirement for orcs to cater because you haven't yet reached that point in the tech tree where you can make orcs. That happens at ring 11 around your city, and the armoury tech in orcs chapter allows you to make orcs. If you are close to finishing ring 10 and a little way from orc armoury tech I would suggest leaving 5, 8, 10 provinces scouted but not completed so that they are available for events. As before - don't let that stop you scouting though :)

Last edited:

Thagdal

Sorcerer
Kailitis said
just be wary if you are a human, marble starts at 1x2 but goes to 3x2 at lvl 5, and planks are 2x2 to lvl 5

Last edited:

Jackluyt

Shaman
What the silly term an "over-scouting".
Who decides that too much, if a city grows faster thanks to this and a progress is a main goal.

There are two ways of playing Elvenar - which I call 'old style' and 'new style'.
Neither is necessarily better than the other!

'Old style' was the way the game was played originally - keep the scout working 24 hours a day, and add province after province, in order to build a massive city. Many players find this style still works for them.

'New style' is the way the designers are pushing the game these days - smaller, more powerful cities, packed full of Ancient Wonders and a powerful Magic Academy.
This is the way I have opted to go. I only explore the dead minimum number of provinces required to get into the next chapter - and despite this I have a healthy full-size Halflings Settlement in the available space.

The advantages of this style are numerous!
Provinces are much cheaper to acquire - and cheaper to negotiate and fight too. All my surplus goods go into the weekly Tournaments, where I routinely bank about 300 KP that get pumped into my Ancient Wonders - which supercharge my city just as much as having another 6 expansions.

With my high level Wonders, I never have a Mana shortage, or a shortage of Divine Seeds - so I save a lot of space where I would otherwise have Event buildings to produce those things for me.

As I said, both styles are legitimate.

But my point is - for those (many) players who opt not to scout any more than the minimal number of provinces required - Event Quests should not force you to change the way you play your game!!

Last edited:

Stucon

Illusionist
Hi Stucon. The offer goes to the email you have on file with Elvenar. Some folks access their account thru Facebook and if they have not taken the time and trouble to give Elvenar an email address there is nowhere they can receive the offer. They will also have a lot of trouble getting back into their account if they lose the device they use or have their Facebook hacked.
Second reason would be if they denied permission to Elvenar to send them emails under the advanced settings.
I received this message on my email as well, so the on file email works. I don't use facebook to play and I have not denied access. Still no free tickets. :(