• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Discussion Fellowship Adventures coming again - with changes!

Timneh

Artisan
you just need a full FS with several developed players

Those are the 2 problems though Lelanya. A lot of FS are made up of only newish players that more established players do not want to join and the number of posts on the forum by FS looking for new members shows that getting any players at all to join FS is not exactly easy.

Jackluyt

Shaman
For badges, I keep whatever was earned in gaining the badge - do the relics and resources work the same way, or do I lose them to the tournament?

Nope - you donate them to the game.
It is like a tax.
Lots of people are unhappy about this - it is not nice to have to give away valuable items when the Event prize is pretty underwhelming.
Relics I can understand - most advanced players have thousands of the things that they have no use for!!!

DeletedUser5983

@LadyCat67 : you'll lose the relics & resources.

Those requirements really hurt players at the entry levels. They can not participate, or they do just to avoid guilty feeling therefore sacrificing valuable resources and relics.
I think it would be much more enjoyable for all level when relics and resouces requirement discontinue from FA.

Deleted User - 182073

Those are the 2 problems though Lelanya. A lot of FS are made up of only newish players that more established players do not want to join and the number of posts on the forum by FS looking for new members shows that getting any players at all to join FS is not exactly easy.
That is what I meant about spending diamonds - how many of the more established players got there by using diamonds. Elvenar just posted a notice that you can buy badges. That is good for Elvenar, but how does it benefit anyone who is trying to play the game for the game's sake? If I see other fellowships rising to the top in a tournament or quest - I wonder if they bought their way there and feel frustrated when my fellowship gets bogged down part way to the big win. Does Elvenar intentionally create more and more difficult challenges so that more and more people will invest more and more money to get to the top?

Deleted User - 182073

Those requirements really hurt players at the entry levels. They can not participate, or they do just to avoid guilty feeling therefore sacrificing valuable resources and relics.
I think it would be much more enjoyable for all level when relics and resouces requirement discontinue from FA.
Exactly. I am participating so as not to let down my fellowship, but I can't afford to give away relics and resources, so that part is left up to the more senior members and I can't see how that can be fair.

Lelanya

Mentor
So I have been playing for over 2 years. And yes I have resources to burn. Folks I've spent months shepherding small players but now I am indulging myself. I like the fighting and absolutely love tourney. I've found 4 dozen other players who feel the same and we adore FA. Not all the repetitive cycling but the camaraderie and the competition.
We rise quickly it's true. We start with sacrifice: I think I've sold 5 Willows. Yes over time I have improved my city with diamonds . I think we are back to asking for scaled FAs

davemc

Bard
I thought INNO had learnt there lesson had learnt there lesson by taking away the deliver 300k 600k 900k goods part away. This is just ripping fellowships apart. Only 5 of us out of 24 have played after the first stage . Just opened stage 3 but will not be going any further. Why spend 6 days working for a 20 hour instant and the amount of goods you donate how many kp could you buy with them ? Bad move will seriously lose regular players that do buy diamonds but why waste it on no reward . Rant over from UNITED ELVEN NATIONS Winyandor Thanks all Enjoy the F.A for sweet FA rewards

DeletedUser2699

There are plenty of good things about the FA, not the least of which is that it simply encourages players to be a bit more active in production of goods etc. However there are a couple of unbalanced things in my mind. First the quantity of goods needed to be given back to get over one spot is pretty over the top. Needing 300k of each T1 goods is a lot of production time in anybody's world (about 1500 manufactury hrs for me or about 15000 diamonds). But the thing that I find most interesting in a time when INNO claims it is concerned about things being out of balance is the cost of fast tracking with diamonds. (Not that I am in favour of this as it removes a deal of the challenge) To buy a particular badge (Elvarian guard) in the FA would cost me 400 diamonds (and we need 50 badges for 1 point on the adventure total 20000 diamonds!!!) I could pay for the production in the barracks and it would only cost about 250 diamonds per badge, a HUGE saving although still a lot to pay for a few fighters. On the other hand a golden bracelet costs me exactly the same in the FA and via the main game production.
If I was to spend a few 100's of diamonds on some premium buildings I could get a very similar outcome, but I suppose there is no challenge in that. Perhaps the challenge is for INNO to get out their calculators and provide some sensible inflated prizes that make things really worth the effort. They only give out perhaps 20000 diamonds worth of buildings to a fellowship that gets all the way, while expecting the fellowship to put in 100's of thousands of diamonds worth of effort. I suppose they say that you get nothing free and paying goods and relics back is how they cover costs.

DeletedUser5983

Some questions for game designers :
- How about to make use those icons as button for decline (without opening the window) and go to the next?
- Is it difficult to prevent the quest from jumping up and down?

Ij3OrkZ.png

DeletedUser2699

Some questions for game designers :
- How about to make use those icons as button for decline (without opening the window) and go to the next?
- Is it difficult to prevent the quest from jumping up and down?

a button is easy to make, but fitting an extra item on the screen is not really desirable. you would need 2 buttons and many players are likely to say I need to open the icon anyway to confirm what I am actually accepting or declining
the jump up and down is annoying and may even be deliberate to slow you down stop you going decline until you accidentally go past and have to do it all again. The sequence is consistent, so it would not be hard to stop the jumping if desired.

DeletedUser

LadyCat you don't have to spend diamonds to win you just need a full FS with several developed players
Actually, that isn't strictly true.

As said before I'm AM of a starter FS; we have 20 members who were eligible for the FA as 2 joined after the start. Of those 20 members:
10 are pre-dwarf - ranking from 5k in points upwards
6 are in dwarves
1 in fairies
2 have finished orcs (and so have some space)
1 in halflings

Free space is in very short supply, new people don't have many unused squares, people in guest races don't have much space either, the 2 who have finished orcs have managed to get a lot of buildings in... but this is a team effort, not just for a couple of people to do.

We didn't do the previous FA as it was too difficult for us, but thought we'd get to the end of Map 2 on this one and leave it at that, but due to excellent team work and a strong leader we are about to go to the pit.... you don't need a FS where about half the members have finished Elementals and so have plenty of space to build all those tiny buildings, you just need very good teamwork and a willingness to pull out all the stops!

DeletedUser

i applaud your fellowships willingness to "pull out all the stops" for the work and prizes there and to do it every 2 weeks .. keep it up and may you grow well
no chance, this was a one off and already decided that we're glad we've done it but won't do it again :p

Lelanya

Mentor
Actually, that isn't strictly true.

As said before I'm AM of a starter FS; we have 20 members who were eligible for the FA as 2 joined after the start. Of those 20 members:
10 are pre-dwarf - ranking from 5k in points upwards
6 are in dwarves
1 in fairies
2 have finished orcs (and so have some space)
1 in halflings

Free space is in very short supply, new people don't have many unused squares, people in guest races don't have much space either, the 2 who have finished orcs have managed to get a lot of buildings in... but this is a team effort, not just for a couple of people to do.

We didn't do the previous FA as it was too difficult for us, but thought we'd get to the end of Map 2 on this one and leave it at that, but due to excellent team work and a strong leader we are about to go to the pit.... you don't need a FS where about half the members have finished Elementals and so have plenty of space to build all those tiny buildings, you just need very good teamwork and a willingness to pull out all the stops!
Excellent news Lis. Grats and you go! I am not in Elementals either! In Winyandor I just finished Woodelves so have a shanty town also.

DeletedUser5093

Regarding the latest adventure: I and many people in my fellowship really feel 2 in a single month is far too frequent. They just require far too much in time and resources. No more than 1 per month. Less if there's a major event on.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5983

imo it is still a bad design, maybe because the approach is to DECLINE with many variables, while in fact it's just a simple NEXT quest.
The jumping surely a glitch, only they hate to fix it.