• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Fellowship Adventures are here!

Shadow Mike

Soothsayer
Same thing happened also in our FS. A member ( who did not read the instructions given ) clicked the end flag before we could complete a second path we where working on. I can confirm what Timneh wrote : if you do more than 1 path you will get points but no rewards. But the more you have points the more your FS ranking will be good and at the end of the event your ranking prize will be good .

Deleted User - 13667

would be good for the requirements for each path be made known at each stage. It will benefit all the fellowships

DeletedUser4540

hello guys im new to this game been playing couple of weeks now i haven't even reached ascending magic research
i see a lot of complaints of about the FA, yet i have no problems if u guys just take the the path that wont ask u for anything u dont have, for me the blue path is easy just need supplies and u can always use the extra once to clear provinces our fellowship is small and not super active but we are almost done with the 2nd chest
just plan with your fellowship what u guys gonna me and who can make what and when then u can finish it fast and easy

Calilmalith

Novice
Without a doubt the most boring, tedious sideshow Elvenar have foisted upon us - and I thought the Masquerade was bad. All the fun is being sucked out the game. Visits, opening technologies and the occasional quest or tournament was great. This constant onslaught of quests, adventures and tournaments is a joke. I used to come here to relax. Not any more.

DeletedUser3542

Without a doubt the most boring, tedious sideshow Elvenar have foisted upon us

Hi Calimalith, I totally respect your views on this event and it's a shame you're not liking it, for me i think it's the best event yet since i started to play Elvenar, our FS chose the blue path for the event and its been running sweet with no pressure at all and even with the tournament that just ended it didn't make it much of a struggle as i expected. But we are all different and like different things so i hope the next event they come up with is something you enjoy.. remember though that events are not compulsory and can be avoided if wished as they are just a bonus earning event and not part of your main game.

DeletedUser2260

Hi all,

I'm not sure if this was suggested or not before, new to the forum (not a very good excuse but nevertheless), but wouldn't it be nice if we had a drop-down menu during the FS Adventures where we can directly chose what quest/offer we could run? Circling through all the offers until you get what you need is time consuming and annoying.
In case I have missed the info, is there a shortcut key to all these re-occuring offers?

Cheers,
Orcus

Calilmalith

Novice
...remember though that events are not compulsory

No, but it depends to some degree on your fellowship! Most expect you play in all tournaments and compete in this adventure. I'm fairly sure I would asked to leave a fellowship if I did not participate.

DeletedUser3542

I'm fairly sure I would asked to leave a fellowship if I did not participate

That's different Calilmath if your FS insists on everyone taking part so i see your point clearer now, i'm lucky i'm in a FS that isn't so demanding and we all do our part just the same.. anyhoo i hope things get better and the next event is more to your taste.

Timneh

Artisan
I'm fairly sure I would asked to leave a fellowship if I did not participate.

Inno say they are aiming to run the Fellowship Adventure about once a month so if you really do not like them and do not want to take part it might be an idea for you to look for a new FS that is more relaxed and will not insist you take part. There are always FS looking for new members on the forum, try messaging them and asking about it.

DeletedUser4569

Hi all,

I`ve been around a few similar type games & some forums. I tend to avoid them generally now as in my experience, most of them don`t address most of the points raised, which often only raises frustration for many players. I have also done some Moderating on one of those games.

(Over the last 6 months. or so, I have been neglecting my other games quite a bit as I`ve enjoyed playing Elvenar a little more.!) :)

As with everything, some forums & game producers are better than others. The small bit I`ve seen so far, does not give me much hope of much satisfaction here either. With hoping that I`m wrong, I now test the water with my issue.

First off, on the whole, I think the new FS Adv`s. seem like a good idea & I was very interested & enthused doing them.

As has happened with & mentioned by, 2 or 3 other people that I`ve seen, we completed the Blue path, (feel cheated that we have been mislead about the reward for the path), & another FS memb who understood less than me about the Adv`s., went & clicked collect reward & has thus thrust us on to the next, much harder stage, waaaayyy before we are ready to.!

In effect, TOTALLY messing up the ENTIRE Adv. for all of us.!

The problem being, 1), that quite unfairly in my opinion, it gives the impression that completing each relevant path, gives a corresponding reward. I have since found out that it does`nt.

This seems VERY unfair, as I can not see anything that tells you that you will ONLY get the lowest reward for w/e path you first complete.!

Completing the Blue path, I was expecting to gain the middle reward, the one with the Orc Nest building & 25% Instants.

So imagine how cheated I feel to find that the only reward opened, was the 2, 15% Instants.!!! :(

Add insult to injury, as mentioned above, a member has now forced us onto the next, harder stage of the Adv`s. which we have`nt got a hope in hell of completing.!!! :(

I cannot blame the member, as the whole thing is new to us & I did not understand that any Ambassador could activate rewards & move us on to the next stage. I thought members had to be of Ambassador rank to compete in the Adv`.s. (Honestly tho, here I will admit, that I am TOTALLY Piszed over what it has apparently cost us.!!!).

I have accounts on 2 diff. servs. & made 2 FS`s which I lead on them both. (I also play & lead Leagues on some other games that I play).
I have found Elvenar 1 of the harder games to have enough members for active chat, & thus, harder to grow FS.

Overall, it has taken quite a bit of time/work & effort to get FS`s to the point they are at now, (still small, but middling in city development with a couple of our higher ranked/better membs.).

It`s a bit disconsolating when most membs. don`t contribute much in Tourneys etc, but nevertheless I have plodded along & had some membs. contribute a lot & some hardly anything if anything at all.! I understand this as it`s often the way when starting a league, guild, FS or w/e from scratch, not knowing anyone else on the game. Quite diff. from starting one with 3, 5 or more friends or players you already know on a game.

Despite all that, I`m happy (& even prefer), with it this way & have the FS grow, (or not), slowly over time. I`m relatively selfless & happy to & often do, sacrifice a fair it of play of my own, to help further FS membs. for the overall sake & benefit of the FS.

I have put in a good amount of time, (months, not years yet), on this game, (some of the other games I play, I`m in the 4th year of).despite a MAJOR reservation, (that you cant earn Diamonds, (in game currency), from any of the in game quests or tasks, like all the other similar type games I`ve played).

That aspect is 1 of 2 that I think stops Elvenar from being one of the most popular & successful games out there. The co-operative aspect Elvenar has, I think is it`s Strongest point. NOT being able to earn in game currency, I think is Evlenar`s Weakest point. Closely followed by, there being no PVP aspect to the game. (Most games I play, the PVP aspect is it`s Strongest & most popular aspect of the game, tho personally, it`s not my favourite bit, tho it`s ok.).

This all leads up to several points;

1 ) Given the confusion around the FS Advs. & the losses some of us have incurred, will Management/Mods/Techs do anything to compensate us or ameliorate the situation.?

2) Will you change the parameters of the rewards in the FS Adv`.s so that we can get the right rewards for each path, ie., the Green path, give the lowest reward, Blue path, give the middle reward & Yellow path give the highest reward.? (Instead of the unfair & misleading way it is now).

3) If you must have any other membs. other than the leader able to collect rewards & thus move whole FS onto a next, much harder, nigh impossible to complete, (for smaller FS`s), stage/lvl of Adv., then an you not make it ONLY accessible to Arcmages & Mages.?

2 or 3 days work cannot be wasted & further, have the last 3 days of the Adv. have no value/worth in trying whatsoever. This can only be a shooting in the foot by Innogames.! :(

I am very seriously considering continuing to play Elvenar or not due to the points raised, particularly the format/issues of the FS Adv. (which I think overall is a good idea in principle & could be great if done a bit differently).

Yours, unexpectant/ly:

Rydr.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4569

I don't know about anyone else, but it's confusing the wits out of our fellowship...........I think it would have been much easier to get the hang of this if it had been introduced in stages. Like, why not provide a single route to start with....

I can see a lot of FS starting this and very, very, few actually doing it again, or even completing a path.

Agreed. (even tho I worked most of it out, I did`nt take enough note of the Major disaster risk, that is, ANY memb. of Ambassador or above can collect reward & move FS to next much harder stage).

I was not happy to have done Blue path & only be rewarded with 2 x 15% Instants & instinctively did`nt collect the rewards. Alas, a member who had not long before wrote to me that they did`nt understand the Adv`s, went & collected the rewards & moved us up.!!!! :(

I was just getting my head around maybe doing another path, when that memb. messed it all up.! :( (I don`t/cant blame them for it tho due to the confusion & way Adv`s. are, tho I`m quite gutted & deflated by it.! :(

To avoid this again, I have had to put all membs. back down to Fellows.!!! :(

Rydr.

Deleted User - 384643

In our fellowship, it didn't happen once but TWICE that a member who didn't understand the Fellowship Tournament clicked on Treasure Flag and collect reward when we'd only finish one color path (even though we were well on our way to finish ALL the color paths both in Stage 1 & 2). Thereby wasting all the badges and goods we'd put in the other color waypoints.

In our case it wouldn't have made a difference because they are both Mages (of which our fellowship has way too many), but I do think that only the Archmage and Mages should be allowed to collect the rewards at the end of the path. Not Ambassadors.

Deleted User - 106219

As has happened with & mentioned by, 2 or 3 other people that I`ve seen, we completed the Blue path, (feel cheated that we have been mislead about the reward for the path), & another FS memb who understood less than me about the Adv`s., went & clicked collect reward & has thus thrust us on to the next, much harder stage, waaaayyy before we are ready to.!

In effect, TOTALLY messing up the ENTIRE Adv. for all of us.!
That player did not mess up anything, you have just COMPLETELY misunderstood the prizes!

You see, the three prizes are NOT for the three paths but for the three difficulties. So IT DOESN'T MATTER WHICH PATH YOU TAKE! All three paths have the exact same end reward. Completing more than one path does not earn any extra rewards from those paths, it only earns you extra ranking points (which might earn you extra rewards, if your ranking is high enough).

So, for the first difficulty (1 star) you would get just those two instants and nothing more even if you had completed all three paths. For the second difficulty (2 stars) you will get 2 instants and an Orc Nest. And for the third difficulty (3 stars) you will get 2 instants and a Mana Hut. After that you will get tot he Bottomless Pit which just gives more ranking points.

Deleted User - 384643

Actually that player DID mess up things. At least with us (they) did. We were producing specifically for the waypoints we still had to do for the other paths (producing Blacksmith Guild Badges, etc). Those productions are now wasted. And all those unfinished waypoints of stage 1 & 2 would have given us precious ranking points (which results in better rewards) which we are now missing out on.

Also, people who don't understand (and also don't really participate) with this tournament really have no business clicking on that treasure Flag.

DeletedUser441

It helps if you read all the announcements regarding what to expect. Admittedly the guide could have been clearer for those that need a step by step guide. The first thing I did was click on all the blue/yellow/green points to see what was required and also the start point and end point prize. I completed the green path once (as it was the cheapest) and concluded that the rewards were not worth my time and effort trying to do any more. (I'm a fellowship of one and prefer it that way). I realise Inno are trying to gain profits with this game but think the management need to rethink the rewards given as prizes. Diamonds and Expansions (or parts of expansions) would be keenly fought for by all.

Another part of the "adventure" I did not like was having to constantly decline quests to get to the ones I wished to produce. Very clunky and inefficient. :(:(:(:(:(

geordianna

Soothsayer
I found this "adventure" confused many group members leading to no structure and many wasted badges - also some of the badges are tedious to obtain. The whole thing - although a diversion from plodding through dwarves - seems to be a lot of effort for little reward. coins and tools are plentiful anyway what we all need is space and goods.

DeletedUser4574

I found this "adventure" confused many group members leading to no structure and many wasted badges - also some of the badges are tedious to obtain. The whole thing - although a diversion from plodding through dwarves - seems to be a lot of effort for little reward. coins and tools are plentiful anyway what we all need is space and goods.
I agree, just posted...at least ability to sell or change badges ...

DeletedUser4569

shadowblack:

Yes I did misunderstand the prizes, as I myself mentioned: `& I did not understand that any Ambassador could activate rewards & move us on to the next stage.` & `This seems VERY unfair, as I can not see anything that tells you that you will ONLY get the lowest reward for w/e path you first complete.!`

Completely misunderstood.? Not quite. I understood it in principle & it IS misleading. It really is suggestive of each path getting a corresponding reward for each path, hence the similar (same on 2) colour coding on the prizes as the paths.

As Cerebros also stated, it did mess things up & for the same reasons. You also stated yourself that the lost ranking points, (a loss in itself), COULD, also gain further prizes, which would be a double loss. Yep, overall quite messed up indeed.!

Hey, I know that if I had known at the start there was only a couple of Instants on offer, then I doubt very much that I`d have bothered doing it, I certainly would`nt have spent over 12 hrs doing it.!

All the rest that you have explained, I & most of us clearly know already now, but thanks for your efforts in trying to clear it up some more. :)

Rydr.

DeletedUser4569

Actually that player DID mess up things. At least with us (they) did. We were producing specifically for the waypoints we still had to do for the other paths (producing Blacksmith Guild Badges, etc). Those productions are now wasted. And all those unfinished waypoints of stage 1 & 2 would have given us precious ranking points (which results in better rewards) which we are now missing out on.

Also, people who don't understand (and also don't really participate) with this tournament really have no business clicking on that treasure Flag.

Cerebros:

I sympathise with you. It was bad enough once, let alone TWICE & in diff. stages to boot.!! :(

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Perhaps I also misunderstood this forum, as it seems that we dont get any response from Mods here, am I posting in the wrong place here or do they not answer ANY posts at all.!?!?!

Rydr.

DeletedUser3542

Perhaps I also misunderstood this forum, as it seems that we dont get any response from Mods here, am I posting in the wrong place here or do they not answer ANY posts at all.!?!?!

The Mods are volunteers and do have a life outside of the game so be nice to them they are players just like you and me and are here if and when they can be. They do us a good service although they can't be here online 24/7 in case you have a problem.. be nice to them and maybe one will answer your questions when they get online.