• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Play along. How many empty player spots are in your neighborhood?

DeletedUser3032

Nope lol. Looks pretty dead there. To your right theres loads of free space and then it's the edge of map :( Mine is no better though. Even the center of the map is riddled with massive empty holes and Inno want to move us there???? no thanks! lol. You may need to be moved in the future because eventually, you will have scouted the edge. But it's probably a good while yet until you get there if at all.

Muf-Muf

Elvenar Team
It is not technically possible, at least not at this moment, to move inactive players away from the map's center. We are only able to 1) delete inactive players (with restrictions in place), and 2) move active players towards the map's center. We are aware what effects this has, and we are already looking into solutions for the problem. We are also aware of solutions proposed by you, and they are much appreciated for sure. Whether those will be the solutions we will eventually go for, is unknown at this moment.

On the topic of Arendyll and Winyandor not getting new players guided to them right now, this is just a fact we will have to accept. We only have an X amount of space on each world that we cannot indefinitely increase, independent of what the world map looks like and if/where there are or may be gaps. We are currently deleting inactive players again on our worlds, as said in our previous reply in this thread as well, and we do see that some space is being freed up slowly. If it continues like this, we will likely have enough space to open up Arendyll and Winyandor for new registrations again in some weeks' time. What we want to prevent is that we'll have to block registration on these worlds completely, so that you can always choose to register on the world if you already are active on the third world, if you wish. We're quite confident that this would be the preferred solution buy you guys as well. :)

DeletedUser3032

Well people are blocked now from registering in A + W worlds, so active player numbers are going down daily, with no increase. This is nonsense. Eventually, both worlds will be dead completely and the same will happen to the 3rd world, after you make the 4th and 5th worlds. Really need to sort the problem out rather than just make new worlds which cause more problems and steers new players away from the current problem for 6 months then the inactives in the new world will be causing problems there too.... Not that hard to work that out!

1. 10.3 The Premium Agreement can be cancelled by both parties (you and us) by giving three (3) months proper notice. No reasons are required for such cancellation.
With that in mind, and the fact the move/deletion script is now 'ACTUALLY' working. I'm sure it's not hard to remove all accounts which meet this criteria, premium or free2play ones and not in 3 months from now. You must be keeping session data on players.

The root of the problem is known, so fix it. The longer you twiddle your thumbs thinking of 100's of different solutions and outcomes the worse it is becoming.
Send everyone an email (do a server a day), tell them to make sure they login within the next 7 days or the account is going to sleep. Remove from map, but keep player data in another database, which can be recovered if they return within 3 months. Job done.

The reason this is not done is that if all inactives were deleted there would be hardly any accounts left in the viewable map. Having accounts everywhere makes the place look ALIVE and full of 'real' active people, but it's actually dead with inactives. The map would shrink 90%. Out of the 40k-60k players on the map right now, there is actually probably less than 5k players logging in on a weekly basis. Bin the rest and move us all to the center, which would technically be like a new server starting again but with players who are not at the start of the tech tree.

If players are not logged in for 7 days, why not put an (i) at the start of their name to indicated inactive??

Code:
if %login > 168 make.inactive(king0r)

make.inactive() {

UPDATE winyandor_data SET username="(i) King0r" WHERE username="King0r"

Obviously that wont work, but the principle behind it does. Then have the same for 3 months which bins the account and does not change the name. Then there is the (i) to latch on to and do MASS deletion with ease.

Code:
DELETE * FROM Winyandor_data WHERE username LIKE '%(i)%';

Every morning / night a script runs and calculates how many active players have been there that day against the number of players, the less active/less players receive new players the following day. Or something similar.

No good just telling us that you 'may' open the worlds back up shortly for registrations. There is room NOW even with 40k inactives!!!!!

The way games work, with multiple servers/worlds etc is that they open new servers to tempt those players still active in the older world to migrate to the new one, as it's new and 99% of players are active at the start. Then it ends up like the others. Not a good route. Should sort the problem with the current worlds and not just make more which will mess up in the end. You don't have 1 bedroom and make it a mess, then move into another bedroom and make that a mess and then decide you can't sleep there either and move to the next room ;/ Another thing with this is money making. Tempting those players who have spent money at the start of other worlds to do the same in the new one.

At the end of the day, Inno reserve the right to change their T&C, therefore they 'CAN' do what they please. By altering them to allow the deletion of accounts, regardless of who they are, would be beneficial to everyone who is active. Might get 1 or 2 complaints out of 10k people returning in 12 months after being inactive for 2 years because they play a game one of Inno rivals make, but your 'reviewed' T&Cs are the law so you can show the middle finger to them and say....
6d3.jpg

Then point them here:
Courtesy of Youtube - Vevo.

Last edited by a moderator:

Muf-Muf

Elvenar Team
Well people are blocked now from registering in A + W worlds, so active player numbers are going down daily, with no increase.
If you read my previous post, you will see that I said that you actually can register on Arendyll and Winyandor. The only thing that we are not doing right now, is pushing newly registered players to them. You can still start on Arendyll and Winyandor, and we intend to keep that possibility in the future, too, as long as available space permits.

DeletedUser3032

If you read my previous post, you will see that I said that you actually can register on Arendyll and Winyandor. The only thing that we are not doing right now, is pushing newly registered players to them. You can still start on Arendyll and Winyandor, and we intend to keep that possibility in the future, too, as long as available space permits.

So someone new registers, starts in Felyndral? Then they have to join Arendyll or Winyandor???? I know some players play multiple servers, but I don't think it outweighs the amount of players playing just 1 server. So even if this is the case, the number of people signing up, then starting in a 2nd worlds (F + A/W) is going to be extremely low. Probably 1 in 50. Another thing which will affect this number is that many people who play more than 1 world, do not start in a 2nd world at the same time they start in their 1st world. It's probably months later when they are bored and stuck at a bottle neck in the game.

as long as available space permits.

There is tons of space! Go check out all the 10x10 holes of no cities.

This is not even the worst part near the center. We were 'told' we'd be moved closer to the center if the option was ticked. Seems like it hasn't happened. If people were, there would be no massive gaps there. ;/ Which shows there plenty of room for players to be pushed here to prop the server up, instead of making more mess like this in 3 worlds. I await the grand opening of the 4th world and the even grander demise of all 4.
empty.png

In real life:
NASA-HS201427a-HubbleUltraDeepField2014-20140603.jpg

Loads of worlds, but is anyone at home..... Doubt it! No life in 99% of them. Just like on these worlds...

DeletedUser441

If there's life on 1% of the planets in the universe then there's still a lot of life , just very far apart. :)

Deleted User - 106219

Could someone tell me my position on the map in each of the three worlds (but mostly in Wyn, as that was my first world)?

DeletedUser3032

Could someone tell me my position on the map in each of the three worlds (but mostly in Wyn, as that was my first world)?
I can do Winyandor, but no one can do the others unless someone maps it.

cwgiii

Shaman
At the end of the day, Inno reserve the right to change their T&C, therefore they 'CAN' do what they please. By altering them to allow the deletion of accounts, regardless of who they are, would be beneficial to everyone who is active.

This would also DRASTICALLY help with recruiting members for Fellowships. I have literally spent DAYS culling through the rankings list searching the thousands of folks that are clearly not playing anymore (exhibited by their city title or cleared street spelling out sayings like "Gone", "Done", "See ya", or even something more graphic). It is so frustrating to reach out individually to hundreds of accounts daily and hear absolutely nothing back because there is no one on the other end to receive the message. We keep hearing that Inno wants to promote the feeling of community via Fellowships. But it has become prohibitively difficult to recruit new members for our Fellowships that we already work so hard to maintain.

Bottom line, as has been expressed by many others over the years: there needs to be a mechanism to get rid of these vacant, unused, abandoned accounts (not just the ones that have not bought diamonds or have not reached a certain level). Abandoned accounts are abandoned.

If Inno wants to foster Fellowships, we need tools to be able to do just that. We need to be able to search/filter/sort for active players that are interested in joining a Fellowship (i.e. those that are not interested need to be able to opt out of such a search). We need to be able to search/filter/sort for folks that have logged in to the system over the past 24/48 hours, week, etc. to be able to choose folks that are actually playing the game. We need the ability to search/filter/sort for folks that have particular boosted goods so that we can accommodate the needs of our fellows, keeping them from getting frustrated and leaving the game. We need the ability to search/filter/sort for folks with specific Ancient Wonders to balance the needs of our fellows (I can't imagine any one player having the space to accommodate all of the Wonders currently offered). We need the ability to track fellowship participation within the game (like: Neighborly Help visits, Tournament participation, Donations to other's Ancient Wonders, Trades, building/knowledge tree progress, just to name a few possibilities). I think most (if not all) Arch Mages rely on vast spreadsheets or even databases to accomplish some of these tasks. But such spreadsheets are arduous to build and maintain individually. Much of this data would be very applicable across the whole Elvenar community and would be appreciated by the users as a whole. So, why not incorporate it into the game itself. This development work would make a real impact to game play, IMHO.

DeletedUser3032

Here you go
shadow.png

This would also DRASTICALLY help with recruiting members for Fellowships. I have literally spent DAYS culling through the rankings list searching the thousands of folks that are clearly not playing anymore (exhibited by their city title or cleared street spelling out sayings like "Gone", "Done", "See ya", or even something more graphic). It is so frustrating to reach out individually to hundreds of accounts daily and hear absolutely nothing back because there is no one on the other end to receive the message. We keep hearing that Inno wants to promote the feeling of community via Fellowships. But it has become prohibitively difficult to recruit new members for our Fellowships that we already work so hard to maintain.

Bottom line, as has been expressed by many others over the years: there needs to be a mechanism to get rid of these vacant, unused, abandoned accounts (not just the ones that have not bought diamonds or have not reached a certain level). Abandoned accounts are abandoned.

If Inno wants to foster Fellowships, we need tools to be able to do just that. We need to be able to search/filter/sort for active players that are interested in joining a Fellowship (i.e. those that are not interested need to be able to opt out of such a search). We need to be able to search/filter/sort for folks that have logged in to the system over the past 24/48 hours, week, etc. to be able to choose folks that are actually playing the game. We need the ability to search/filter/sort for folks that have particular boosted goods so that we can accommodate the needs of our fellows, keeping them from getting frustrated and leaving the game. We need the ability to search/filter/sort for folks with specific Ancient Wonders to balance the needs of our fellows (I can't imagine any one player having the space to accommodate all of the Wonders currently offered). We need the ability to track fellowship participation within the game (like: Neighborly Help visits, Tournament participation, Donations to other's Ancient Wonders, Trades, building/knowledge tree progress, just to name a few possibilities). I think most (if not all) Arch Mages rely on vast spreadsheets or even databases to accomplish some of these tasks. But such spreadsheets are arduous to build and maintain individually. Much of this data would be very applicable across the whole Elvenar community and would be appreciated by the users as a whole. So, why not incorporate it into the game itself. This development work would make a real impact to game play, IMHO.

Totally agree however games like this are short-lived and major additions like that would eat time which means money. They would rather spend money on producing freshish content than making stuff people have been already been working around. But yeah I'll give it a thumbs up, even though stuff like that will never happen.

These dam inactives are a pain in the back side. I bet most of the ones not in a fellowship (apart from bigger/non-english/people without keyboards) are inactive. Just move 20 cities away and 90% of them are fellowshipless and just start up cities, straight after the tutourial.

Timneh

Artisan
I find it amazing and unbelievable that the things that players think are important are ignored (the state of the world map for one) but the things that Inno think are important are sorted out as soon as possible (battle redesign and wholesaler to name just 2). One of the main reasons for the wholesaler change was because Inno wanted more trading between players, well guess what Inno if you fixed the player movement problem there would probably be more trading between players but we can't trade with bloody gold mines. When you think about it the trading problem was actually created by yourselves so why are you making the players pay the price for the incompetence of the devs.
This forum is (according to Muf-Muf) read and taken notice of and if that was really the case then the devs should have been aware of the problem of player movement for ages as it has been mentioned on here countless times. It seems obvious (to me) that a game like this is not going to be to everyones taste but the players will not know that unless they join the game and start to play, they then find they don't like it and stop playing. The devs must also have known this would happen but it would seem that they did not put a plan in place to compensate for all the players that leave. I guess it is easier for them to blame the players for all the problems in the game because we did not play the way they wanted us too instead of fixing the things that they got wrong in the first place.

DeletedUser3032

I find it amazing and unbelievable that the things that players think are important are ignored (the state of the world map for one) but the things that Inno think are important are sorted out as soon as possible (battle redesign and wholesaler to name just 2). One of the main reasons for the wholesaler change was because Inno wanted more trading between players, well guess what Inno if you fixed the player movement problem there would probably be more trading between players but we can't trade with bloody gold mines. When you think about it the trading problem was actually created by yourselves so why are you making the players pay the price for the incompetence of the devs.
This forum is (according to Muf-Muf) read and taken notice of and if that was really the case then the devs should have been aware of the problem of player movement for ages as it has been mentioned on here countless times. It seems obvious (to me) that a game like this is not going to be to everyones taste but the players will not know that unless they join the game and start to play, they then find they don't like it and stop playing. The devs must also have known this would happen but it would seem that they did not put a plan in place to compensate for all the players that leave. I guess it is easier for them to blame the players for all the problems in the game because we did not play the way they wanted us too instead of fixing the things that they got wrong in the first place.

They also are quite reluctant to remove lot of accounts because it would make the map look even worse. People atm can see 40k players on the map. If they deleted all the inactives it would be down to a couple of thousand, which would put a lot of people off.

m4rt1n

Adept
I've had a few accounts turn to goldmines now, ones I could visit and collect. The annoying thing is that not one of my many "Forever upgrading Main Hall" new players that have been the same for at least 3 months have been removed. My thought is that the system doesn't remove inactive players with an upgrade in place.
My idea's for a solution are:

1, Auto complete any upgrade after 7 days.
2. Allow Help on a Main Hall Upgrading, even if it gives the player half like a gold mine.
3. Solve the issue and remove inactive forever upgrading MH players with only 3 or 4 buildings at level 1 after a month. It's obvious they are not coming back.

I really hope something can be done. :)

DeletedUser3032

Statistics

Uncovered: 134
Gold mines: 43
Cities left: 91
Active: 12

Percentages
Active / Cities left: 13.186813186813188%
Active / Uncovered: 8.955223880597014%
Gold Mines / Uncovered: 32.08955223880597%

And I do not inhabit the center, which looks far worse than my little corner. Sort it out will ya. I'll be mapping the other servers shortly, that will put the wind up a few more skirts and get 8.9% of 'active' players to complain.

From this, we can work out the following.

Players: 55005
Divide by my uncovered (134): 410.4850746268657
Times by my active (12): 4925.820895522388 < 'POTENTIAL AMOUNT OF ACTIVES'

Realistically....
Players: 33653 (over 100 points, should be 1000 at least but I'm feeling generous)
Divide by my uncovered (134): 251.1417910447761
Times by my actives (12): 3013.701492537313 Actives

Sorry I'm not feeling generous anymore so here ya go.

Players: 22054 (over 1k points)
Divide by my uncovered (134): 164.5820895522388
Times by my actives (12): A WOOOPING 1974.985074626866 Actives. 3.5905555397270543%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We know there are very few people getting into Winyandor + Arendyll now. So there's figures are pretty solid. Everyone who joined up before the new server got opened will be well over 1k points by now. Which means we could go further. Maybe 2k or 3k points as a minimum for active players??? Wont be far off 2%!!!

But WAIT for it.. I visited 20 cities from 1k up, every single one of them is dead, even the 3 or 4 in a fellowship are loners on their own. Then I found this in the same FS. Bit odd don't ya think... Doesn't matter he/she would have left a long time ago!

dodgy.png

Timneh

Artisan
I am not a computer wizard or anything so i could be completely wrong with this but if there are not enough players to fill up the game map would it not make sense to fill the map from the centre outwards and fill the spaces of deleted players with new ones as they become empty. That way we get more active neighbours and Inno get more trading betwen players which they seem to be so obsessed about.

DeletedUser3032

Quite a lot of room left. They either need to get rid of the option to stop being moved and actively move everyone and delete players daily or delete everyone over 30 days inactive or something or game will end up with the same amount of players as it has servers. or move them to another world as a holding ground for if and when they return and make new registrations automatically join the less populated server. New servers is not the answer to get more active players in one place over a long period. The game atakes 6-12months to get to the current end, so Inno should have a long term plan not a short sighted open new servers. 90% of players are from older worlds just register to be top then lose interest. Seen it in so many other games. Why dont companies learn these lessons!! Hoping people will spend again in a new world thats what it is. Repeat customers and those who have finished all the current game content your targeting and not new blood. People who are at the end are more likely to play and spend money again as they have enjoyed it, hence finishing it!!. ;/ Get a grip Inno and sort the crappy worlds you have now before you make even more mess. The <8% would appreciate it.The other 92% dont give a dam as they are not here.

By the way that 8% is in game. The 8% is about 2 peoples opinions on the forum.

Ohhhh I got 3 likes on my last post so thats a winning vote! Listen Inno!

@shadowblack @Timneh
@Muf-Muf Fuming! Let the relevant people know please and not just the brick wall which is normally spoken to.

m4rt1n

Adept
Lost everyone to a gold mine today that was left except 5 players. Even lost a player from our fellowship. 118 provences solved and a few more scouted.
This is ridiculous now as I play a lot every day and use every neighbour to visit for gold.
So many gold mines now I'm down over 500k a day and cannot keep up with my 3 hour and 9 hour overnight production regime.
At the very least Gold Mines should pay 80% NOT 50% in my opinion or there is little point in me continuing with the game as all my planning has gone out of the window.
I'm stuck in the DESERT. :( :( :(

Timneh

Artisan
At the very least Gold Mines should pay 80% NOT 50% in my opinion

I totally agree with you but when you think about it why should we not get the full amount. We have still had to scout provinces to discover that city space which has cost us the time and coins that spaces with cities cost us and it is not our fault that there are no cities there. Technically we are sort of being punished for something that is not our fault and we have no control over so we can not do anything to solve it. With the costs of upgrades and placing city expansions being so high (my next city expansion will cost 4.5 million to place) the coins gained through NH is a great help.