• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered Forum titles

DeletedUser441

I have just become a Settler. :) Could someone please explain the different titles and list them all ? I can't find this anywhere in the Forum.

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
This list is only accessible from administrative account of the forum...

Someone with admin rights is needed to answer your question... ;)

DeletedUser441

I'm waiting for such a person to reply ;) :). Calling all Moderators !

DeletedUser3097

Could someone please explain the different titles and list them all ? I can't find this anywhere in the Forum.

I'm waiting for such a person to reply ;) :). Calling all Moderators !

There I was, dreaming of getting a power of provision in a treasure chest, and I heard your cry...

The titles are given according to the number of posts made. As you just hit 75 posts, you became a settler. When you reach 100 posts you will then become an apprentice.

There are 10 different titles at the moment- can you identity all 10?

Don't wake them all, they are just players with moderation rights...

I heard that rumour as well.. :p

DeletedUser3097

No ! That's why I asked :(.

ok- here's a challenge- a bit like hangman...

Titles (in ascending order)

H _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
H _ _ _ _ _ _ _
S _ _ _ _ _
S _ _ _ _
T _ _ _ _ _ _ _
D _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
S _ _ _ _ _ _
A _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
B_ _ _ _ _ _
J _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Who is up for this challenge?

PS Just work out the words, don't say letters- maybe it's not very much like hangman after all!

PPS First person to post ALL 10 titles correctly, gets a free 'like'! Can't say fairer than that!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser441

There I was, dreaming of getting a power of provision in a treasure chest, and I heard your cry...

The titles are given according to the number of posts made. As you just hit 75 posts, you became a settler. When you reach 100 posts you will then become an apprentice.

There are 10 different titles at the moment- can you identity all 10?

When you first wrote this it said "When you reach 100 posts you will then become a builder"

The reason I asked was to gain the information as to the names and how promotion is achieved. Sorry but I don't want to scour the forum wasting more time just to fill in the blanks. I spend too much time on this game already. :eek: :rolleyes: :(. Perhaps I should have made a note of the titles as I progressed , but didn't.

DeletedUser1265

Could someone please explain the different titles and list them all ? I can't find this anywhere in the Forum.

I am not sure how the progression works, other than it being linked to how many posts you make, and that it is different to trophy points, but the list is as follow (according to Lizzie's order):

Hatchling
Halfling
Shadow
Scout
Traveler
Dreamwalker
Settler
Apprentice
Builder
Journeyman

I must admit that I missed my progression past Dreamwalker... :( Somehow it went by unnoticed, if the order is correct.

DeletedUser441

Thanks for the info' :). I can't remember being a Shadow at all :confused: ! Shouldn't Traveller have another l ? (even in the US). I'm not criticising another player , just the game ;)(that's how the game spells it).

Just checked online . Apparently it is the US spelling. It just looks so wrong to me. Sorry US but you do call your main language English. I can't help myself getting slightly miffed when I see words such as Armoury without the u . I know the rules but have to point out the difference. Apologies to anyone that may take offence , but this is Elvenar International ;):D:).

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
Thanks for the info' :). I can't remember being a Shadow at all :confused: ! Shouldn't Traveller have another l ? (even in the US). I'm not criticising another player , just the game ;)(that's how the game spells it).

Just checked online . Apparently it is the US spelling. It just looks so wrong to me. Sorry US but you do call your main language English. I can't help myself getting slightly miffed when I see words such as Armoury without the u . I know the rules but have to point out the difference. Apologies to anyone that may take offence , but this is Elvenar International ;):D:).
Aren't you too strict with those poor lonesome cowboys ? :rolleyes:
English has evolved for you as for them... You don't speak your own language like your ancesters were...

[...]
Thy garters fringed with the golde,
And silver aglets hanging by,
Which made thee blithe for to beholde,
And yet thou wouldst not love me.
Greensleeves was all my joie
[...]

Even if, sometimes, I'm also doubting of my old school lessons by reading US though :p

Last edited:

DeletedUser441

I'm just saying that we are not in the US . Most English speaking countries use UK English and as we are on the International game the game should take that into account. ;) This game is based in Europe and I hate to think that players are learning US English spelling playing this game. I know all languages evolve but not always for the good , for example text speak.

I'm Welsh and our language evolved itself , but now has English words changed slightly in spelling which I think is lazy. :( There should be a Welsh Dictionary Department to come up with new words for modern terms. :) But I digress , lol ! The way English is spreading through music and TV/film the whole World is familiar with the language and I'd rather UK spelling be the norm.

Cregganroe

Conjurer
I agree @Brienne.... It drives me batty to see neighbour without the u too.... I do think a lot of it is laziness and that usually comes from the youth of today as in lol :D

P.S it just said I spelt neighbour wrong and spelt the cheek lol :p

DeletedUser441

I'm guilty of using "lol" myself :oops:. Predictive text is even worse . Drives me scatty :eek:.

DeletedUser441

"The guilty think all talk is of themselves." - Geoffrey Chaucer

I thought that was just people who are paranoid and not all who suffer with paranoia are guilty ;) Must have sounded better in Middle English . Chaucer lived around the same time as a hero of mine , Owain Glyndwr , around 1342-1400 (as seen online :)). Not easy reading are The Canterbury Tales. Shows how languages evolve.

I must say that I think English is the best language for humour ; so many ways to alter the meaning of a sentence with punctuation or a word that has more than one meaning, even similar sounding words; eg
Sodium chloride - that's a salt
Throwing a salt cellar at someone deliberately - that's assault. (cellar -salt dispenser or basement room ; also sounds like seller):D
Though you'd need to be the Hulk to throw a basement room or indeed a seller of salt , lol :eek::rolleyes::) .

A great example of a punctuation error changing the meaning of a sentence is
http%3A%2F%2Fmashable.com%2Fwp-content%2Fgallery%2Funfortunate-misuses-of-punctuation%2F287518826738962713_202550211.jpg

or

5878683ef510d379aeddb147f155fd41.jpg

Possibilities are endless .

Anyone got another humourous example ?