• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Forced to build Magic Academy ?!?!?

DeletedUser

I built the MA in both my cities after being forced to research it. I had to buy expansions in both cases to do so as I had no room for it. If given the option, other buildings seem to me to be a more worthwhile usage of space. The spells takes forever to produce and are of little use. Production boosts would make more sense if they boosted a given number of cycles as opposed to forcing you to log on at the right time to get the most out of it. There would have been other ways to use relics that are way less frustrating. Personally, the only genuine motivation I would have had to build the MA and waste space for it, would have been if it allowed a "visit all" function and/or a non frustrating system to manage rep. quests. Both of the latter are starting to make me hate the game because clicking through endless boring rubbish is the most pointless thing I can think of.

DeletedUser417

I'm at the point of upgrading workshops and residences to fairy style. I'm happy with the supplies spell. If I didn't use them I would be saving up supplies again for a long time to upgrade just a few buildings. Done level 18 workshops and a part of the residences on Arendyll and just started doing that on Winyandor. Upgrading to level 19 will cost about the same numbers of supplies to saving up spells again. That would be my advice: Even if you don't use spells now, make the supplies spells and save them up for dwarf style workshops and residences and if you did those already, save them up for fairies.

a non frustrating system to manage rep. quests
https://en.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/version-1-1-fairies.2269/page-2#post-15665 ;)

DeletedUser

I have been using the spells since I built the thing. My opinion remains the same. I need more supplies atm as in dwarves, yet building 1 or 2 more workshops would have been more useful than boosting 1 workshop every other day and being forced to run 1 hr cycles or not get much use from the boost at all.

DeletedUser417

Building one more workshop means needing more population as well (workshop needs 660 pop at level 17), so more land to build residences on. It would take quite some time to get that workshop to the max level. In my opinion it's more efficient to just build the MA (5x5) and start producing spells than another workshop that needs 5x3 at dwarfstyle and 2 residences (two times 2x4) dwarfstyle to provide the pop for it. The time you don't need extra supplies, you can save up supplies spells. As soon as you get to new style upgrades you use them all at once. Put them on just BEFORE collecting a 9 hour production and hammer workshops as much as possible for the time the spell lasts. That should make a big difference ;)

DeletedUser1683

Just the experienced players that got to fairy chapter. Please read back the line you quoted: "People playing in the fairy chapter." (thousands all over the world). FYI: my last comment in this useless thread.

You're making an awful lot of noise for a useless thread.

All we are asking is for the choice. The Adademy does not need to be mandatory.

Smaller players should know that this game is built to enjoy it on the long term. It won't be done in a month. And you won't get to the top without any serious efforts (if you don't use diamonds to buy your way up quick). On Arendyll it took me since early september to get where I am now.

Smaller players are getting a 5x5 building dumped on them, like it or not, that does very little to help their progress. Next time you're doing your visits take a look at the small towns that have been overwhelmed by the MA.

Have you checked their city size, where they are in the game? I think the people playing in the fairy chapter don't agree with you. But wind yourself up over things in real life that really matter to be wound up about, play for a while and then come back ;-)

The people that have quit have either worked their way up too quick to be at the top and are bored now. The smaller players prob thinking things don't go fast enough to actually make a speedy progress. It takes skills, planning, time and insight to be successful at this game. Maybe it's just not your game.

You're deluded. I'm wasting my breath.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser971

Building one more workshop means needing more population as well (workshop needs 660 pop at level 17), so more land to build residences on. It would take quite some time to get that workshop to the max level. In my opinion it's more efficient to just build the MA (5x5) and start producing spells than another workshop that needs 5x3 at dwarfstyle and 2 residences (two times 2x4) dwarfstyle to provide the pop for it. The time you don't need extra supplies, you can save up supplies spells. As soon as you get to new style upgrades you use them all at once. Put them on just BEFORE collecting a 9 hour production and hammer workshops as much as possible for the time the spell lasts. That should make a big difference ;)
Why you running out of supplies. They are so easy to make with the quests. Have never had a supply problem. I make 250k extra a day from doing the quests and could make more if necessary and felt like clicking thru the quests more. You can also do the trader quest with someone and make many extra thousands of supplies if you really needed them. Just finished dwarfs and my average supplies thru the whole chapter was +400k

DeletedUser

So, basically we have to build and use the MA because the game is designed to force us into bottlenecks where our production cannot satisfy our demand. At the same time, we are forced to conquer provinces to gain the relic needed for spells, which in turn also consume the resources the MA boosts. BTW, I used all my free culture boost spells just now and my culture didn't even go up by one level :p

DeletedUser416

For me, this is not about MA, pro or against, this is pro choises we have in Elvenat. I, personaly, want to choose my path.

It is very simple thing for devs to do: MA should be deletable.

Those who can play with it should build it.

Those who don't need it should be able to delete it whenever thy want.

Simple.

DeletedUser1683

For me, this is not about MA, pro or against, this is pro choises we have in Elvenat. I, personaly, want to choose my path.

It is very simple thing for devs to do: MA should be deletable.

Those who can play with it should build it.

Those who don't need it should be able to delete it whenever thy want.

Simple.

We should be able to delete it. But, just as importantly, we should not be forced to use KPs for it or build it in the first place.

I want my KPs back for all the research I didn't want or need to do.

DeletedUser

I want my KPs back for all the research I didn't want or need to do.

Panjara, it is clear to everyone that you are the fire and the face, on the forum here, of the campaign to sort out the abomination that is the Magic Academy. And for that I believe you represent most of the players. I support you and salute you for it.

But when it comes to all the demands to settle grievances incurred by the Magic Academy if and when they take it away/make it removable or whatever they may be willing to concede, I find those sorts of things counter-productive. I don't know what is in the developers minds, but if I were in their shoes it would be the unfairness of spent knowledge points and other demands that would make the changes we want with the Magic Academy untenable. I personally am willing to say keep the knowledge points and forget about reimbursing me any pain. To accurately and fairly sort out a reimbursement deal among thousands of players--most all of who will think they are somehow entitled to a piece of the pie--is going to be impossible and any attempt to do so would mean the claimed grievances would never, ever have an end.

The more simple we can make the demand, the far more likely it can actually be met. For me, what I want is one of the following: nuke the academy entirely, allow us as the organizers of our own cities to remove the academy, put the academy off the grid, or make the academy tiny. If the developers did one of those things, all my irritation would disappear entirely and I would feel no need to mention the academy debacle again. We can't stick the devs between a rock and a hard place, we have to give them a realistic way out.

DeletedUser971

Panjara, it is clear to everyone that you are the fire and the face, on the forum here, of the campaign to sort out the abomination that is the Magic Academy. And for that I believe you represent most of the players. I support you and salute you for it.

But when it comes to all the demands to settle grievances incurred by the Magic Academy if and when they take it away/make it removable or whatever they may be willing to concede, I find those sorts of things counter-productive. I don't know what is in the developers minds, but if I were in their shoes it would be the unfairness of spent knowledge points and other demands that would make the changes we want with the Magic Academy untenable. I personally am willing to say keep the knowledge points and forget about reimbursing me any pain. To accurately and fairly sort out a reimbursement deal among thousands of players--most all of who will think they are somehow entitled to a piece of the pie--is going to be impossible and any attempt to do so would mean the claimed grievances would never, ever have an end.

The more simple we can make the demand, the far more likely it can actually be met. For me, what I want is one of the following: nuke the academy entirely, allow us as the organizers of our own cities to remove the academy, put the academy off the grid, or make the academy tiny. If the developers did one of those things, all my irritation would disappear entirely and I would feel no need to mention the academy debacle again. We can't stick the devs between a rock and a hard place, we have to give them a realistic way out.
Completely agree. Smaller or able to delete or off grid( best idea)

DeletedUser1683

I now have Moderators here editing my posts. So if you see something from me that surprises you, it probably wasn't from me.

It would seem that Inno like to appear as the company who listens to players, but when they actually speak up, the defences go up.

I hope we can look forward to what Inno plan to do, which has been promised for the "end of the week".

It doesn't look promising, but I hope they prove me wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Personally I think the game should be designed to let people use it or not, same as barracks. It's fine the size it is for people who want to use it. For people who don't, it's just a lumbering impediment as are the barracks. I use both simply because I built them, and in the case of the barracks it gives me something else to do. Given an actual choice, however, I wouldn't bother with them. The culture spell is utterly pointless for me at this time as even boosting ALL my culture buildings with it does nothing, and the other two spells are also a waste of time. I'd rather build more manufactories/workshops or just take longer to do stuff. Everything takes so long anyway, it doesn't make any difference in the end.