• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Dawn of the Phoenix

Thank you @Giraffi! I am in Ch 11 Halflings and have not Fire Phoenix. Is it possible some advice - what is better - to start to evolve the new phoenix or to try to obtain at least 4 artifacts from old one?

And how often appear the Tome of Phoenixes in MA (for Beta)? I just sow one in the both Winy and Arendyl, but when will be the next?

CrazyWizard

Shaman
So, I engage with 5 groups of Archers, each group has 1,000 members (for a total of 5,000).

In the above example, that's a fighting squad size of 1,000, yes?

In battle, my groups receive losses of 0, 25, 50, 100 and 500 respectively (for a total of 675).

With a fed Phoenix providing 5% revive, does that give me
  1. Up to 5% squad size (50), assessed on per squad loss, so 0 + 25 + 50 + 50 + 50 = 175?
  2. Up to 5% squad size (50), assessed overall, so 50?
  3. Up to 5% squad size (50), assessed per squad, but based on overall loss, so 5*50 = 250?
  4. Something else?
I'm guessing it's the first, but would like a more exact confirmation.
The first option. each squad will get at max 50 units revived if that is possible.
In your example about 26% of all the losses are revived due to this mechanic

BlueBlou

Illusionist
Thank you @Giraffi! I am in Ch 11 Halflings and have not Fire Phoenix. Is it possible some advice - what is better - to start to evolve the new phoenix or to try to obtain at least 4 artifacts from old one?
I can’t tell you what is better, but I will tell you what I know. If you have no Fire Phoenix base, one will appear for you in your MA sooner or later. You will also see phoenix evolves pop up in the MA, although not often. Eventually even the new phoenix evolves might be added to that pool of evolves. The game is still playable if you don’t have a Fire Phoenix, you will just follow other strategies.

Guess all depends in how much of a hurry you are to get a max level Fire Phoenix, but 8 of one is worth more than 4 of another in my opinion.

Jake65

Sage
I'm also wondering that exact same thing.

Silly Bubbles

Necromancer
I've just checked all daily prizes for 22 days of the event, I think that's all of them, and I haven't noticed any half decent population buildings. It looks like they might be phasing them out. I'd better to hold onto all of them that I already have. I'm not really very happy about it as I was counting on them.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
I've just checked all daily prizes for 22 days of the event, I think that's all of them, and I haven't noticed any half decent population buildings. It looks like they might be phasing them out. I'd better to hold onto all of them that I already have. I'm not really very happy about it as I was counting on them.
You should count on the fact you should never count on anything.

I find the daily prizes lackluster either, only for those that need mana buildings, those 2 are really good.
I do not need them and can't find any item I like to be fair.
The prizes are very 1 dimensional with the same item several appearing several times and similar items.
2 differen vitality surges twice. thats pretty much the same prize for 4 days.

and the 2 unit boosters are (for an elf) both useless. voice of the prophet is also 100% useless for an elf. it's there worst unit. and you get more of those. it's nice for humans tho.

The problem is that the new Phoenix building also seems useless to me. Only 5% of returned units for 12 hour is too small. If we lose 70%, we will get back only 5%. May be I have mistake and didn't understand right. If we compare the DA and the new Phoenix which will give more units?

Sir Derf

Adept
While DA is more powerful, I would like to point out;

Dwarven Armorer needs replacing every week. To feel it's presence every Tourney, you need to replace one every week, which means you need to collect one every week. :mad:

Twilight Phoenix needs to be placed once. To feel it's presence every Tourney, you need to feed it one or more times every week, which means you need to get Pet Food one or more times every week. ;)

Jake65

Sage
The problem is that the new Phoenix building also seems useless to me. Only 5% of returned units for 12 hour is too small. If we lose 70%, we will get back only 5%. May be I have mistake and didn't understand right. If we compare the DA and the new Phoenix which will give more units?
I'm not sure that a direct comparison can be made. (That being said I'm sure someone will produce some numbers :D )
The DA helps reduce your losses by making the troops 'healthier'
The Phoenix recovers some troops that you do lose.

Jake65

Sage
How I'm understanding it is the Fire gives you better soldiers whereas the Twilight gives you medics.
Sort of :)

Sir Derf

Adept
Dwarven Armorer gives 50% health. So, if you go into a battle with 1,000 troops and you receive enough damage to kill 150 troops without the DA. then you would have lost 100 troops with the DA.

Twilight Phoenix revives 5% dead. So, if you go into a battle with 1,000 troops and you receive enough damage to kill 150 troops without the TP, then you will revive 50 troops and have only lost 100 troops.

So, looked at one way, Twilight Phoenix does more for light losses, less than 15% squad size, Dwarven Armorer does more for heavy losses, more than 15% squad size.

Or, looked at another way; Dwarven Phoenix applies to every troop injured during a fight. A 1,000 troop squad fights like a 1,500 troops but loses like 1,000 troops. Twilight Phoenix applies only to the first 5% killed. A 1,000 troop squad fights like a 1,000 troops, but loses like 950 troops.

Sir Derf

Adept
Question - for multi-round fights in the Spire, does the Twilight Phoenix revive between rounds, or only at the end?

Pauly7

Master of the Elements
If you don't have the Fire Phoenix then shelve all other plans and get the Firebird post-haste. Even if you only get it partially evolved it will be better, and there should be plenty of other opportunities to get a few more artefacts. The only argument against it would be if you don't fight at all (obviously), but otherwise you need it. The building is so powerful that it is virtually a must-have.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
If you don't have the Fire Phoenix then shelve all other plans and get the Firebird post-haste. Even if you only get it partially evolved it will be better, and there should be plenty of other opportunities to get a few more artefacts. The only argument against it would be if you don't fight at all (obviously), but otherwise you need it. The building is so powerful that it is virtually a must-have.
Thank you @Pauly7. Let's see how often will appear this Tome.
I would argue otherwise

I would say evolve the new phoenix, and get yourself a fire phoenix base.
There are many opportunities to get phoenix artefacts (for firebird) for example you see them ever so often in the magic academy at crafting.
But this new phoenix to ever get that to level 10 outside of this event will be a nightmare.

This bird is decently good and ignoring it might make you regret later, it's not like previous kinda bad phoenixes.

Hekata

Artisan
@FairyElina I was just about to write the same thing as @CrazyWizard good thing he beat me to it and saved me some typing, haha :D

However this also depends on how much you intend to fight. If you're just planing to stay in the range of 10-15 provinces then you'll probably be able to produce enough troops and you don't need the Twilight phoenix that much, the Fire one should allow you to do all that without problems. If you like to go to higher provinces I think that the Twilight bird can give decent help and you'd probably be better off to play the long game and do as Wizard suggests.

If you do decide to go with the Fire phoenix instead then I see that the recipe is currently in crafting about every 2 or 3 recipe rotations so it shouldn't be a problem to convert all your artifacts :)