• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

World Map icon - add tournament time info?

SkyRider99

Mentor
The World Map icon/button at the bottom of the screen shows scouting progress when you mouse-hover over it. It would be nice if it could also show how long until the next tournament province could be attacked. Or maybe a green tick to show players when their next round is available and could be started?
Just a thought. I know you can open the World Map to see, but it would be faster to have a quick check whilst I'm pottering around my city.

WinterLivia7

Spellcaster
not a bad idea :) most of the time I keep checking but I still had to wait, then I forget and that's why rarely I can do the 6th round.

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
@SkyRider99 I'll pass the idea across to the Team for consideration. Im certain something similar was asked for not too long ago. We'll see :)

Pauly7

Magus
More information is always better of course. For me I don't have a problem as my tournament rounds are about 10 hours apart and I have a routine of when to do the next one.

What would be good is an increased visual indication of either thing, so rather than just seeing the tool tip I would like an icon to appear saying that my scout has finished. This would be most useful when your scouting takes about 90 hours. On average I probably don't restart the scout for an extra 24 hours after that because it takes a while for me to think to have a look at it.

Sir Derf

Adept
Just noodling out a possible way to implement the OP point...

1) This can't be implemented as simply posting the lowest value of the available Provinces, as the highest available province is always immediately available (unless you can actual complete a full round of provinces). This is easily dealt with, by ignoring the status of the highest province if that is at least Province #2.
2) This will work well if you clear your personal n provinces every round.
3) This will work well if you intend to clear your personal n provinces every round, but don't manage to do all n at once.
4) This will fair poorly if you do unusual things, like I occasionally do during Quest Events or modern FAs. For example, suppose I intend to clear 16 provinces for all 6 rounds. But, to service a Quest or to gain a badge, I might do provinces 17-20 for 1 round, Now, the status of my 1-16 provinces will be hidden by a cleared-for-round-2 province 17.

For #4,maybe this could be implemented by giving the lowest time of the province with the most completed rounds, or maybe the lowest times of the province with the highest or next-highest completed rounds.

Easier to logic, and easier for the user to understand, but requiring an interface for user input, would be to somehow let the user specify how many provinces are important, from which to report the lowest timer value. For example, if I intend to clear 16 provinces for 6 rounds, I would want to tell the game that 16 is the magic number, regardless of if I do a couple of higher one-offs. This could be with a dropdown or number entry field somewhere, or with a toggle flag that I set on the 16th province, kind of like the Favorite indicator for Ancient Wonders.

SkyRider99

Mentor
Quite relevant @Sir Derf . I was thinking along simpler lines. If the game could just alert me when my first province is ready for Round #2, #3, etc. I realise there will always be a province 'available' at the end of the list for Round #1. If someone needs to split provinces to service quests or something I guess it would be up to them to manage their activity. Nothing's perfect. Let's see if the game devs have any ideas