• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Question Wonder society spreadsheet

Paladestar

Enchanter
Merely a personal opinion but I find the Wonder Society method hideously over-engineered and have no intention of ever using it.

Gotta agree, Wonder Society, is totally pointless when zero-sum/net-zero accomplishes the same thing, with better safe-guards, without requiring even a fraction of the administration.

I made zero-sum even easier for myself. I downloaded all of the AW data from the Elven Gems website (https://elvengems.com/ancient-wonders/reward-charts/), stuck it in an XML file, fixed the few mistakes in their data (as I found them, over time), filled in the data for the AWs that they were missing. Then I made a basic Windows app to let me select the AW and the required level from a pair of drop-downs and have it generate and copy the text, for creating my zero-sum message in-game, to my clipboard by clicking a button:

Zero-sum-generator.png

Generated text:

Code:
Σ0 Pala PoP 9 (7 chests)

Ready to upgrade my Pyramid of Purification to level 9, chests are:

1. 35 KP
2. 30 KP
3. 20 KP
4. 15 KP
5. 10 KP
6. 5 KP
7. 5 KP

When using the compose message screen in-game, I paste the text that was copied to my clipboard into the message box. Move the first line to the subject box, tick the "Send to Fellowship members" box, and click the "Send Message" button. Job done, with next to no effort! :D

Gargon667

Mentor
I made zero-sum even easier for myself. I downloaded all of the AW data from the Elven Gems website (https://elvengems.com/ancient-wonders/reward-charts/), stuck it in an XML file, fixed the few mistakes in their data (as I found them, over time), filled in the data for the AWs that they were missing. Then I made a basic Windows app to let me select the AW and the required level from a pair of drop-downs and have it generate and copy the text, for creating my zero-sum message in-game, to my clipboard by clicking a button:

View attachment 5694

Not to be contrary, but doing that would make it the highest effort system out of all of them :D

Paladestar

Enchanter
Not to be contrary, but doing that would make it the highest effort system out of all of them :D

Well, a one-off bit of up-front effort, for a life of ease going forward. :p Only having to add new AWs to the XML file every 7-8 months as new chapters are released. :)

Paladestar

Enchanter
I agree, before you can open that spreadsheet, you could just have looked at in in game and just typed it in the chat lol

I wrote this app years ago. :p The game didn't originally show what the chest rewards were for chests with no current donations against them, so you needed the Elven Gems data! The fact that the data is now there in-game for all chests aside, I don't have to type a thing still! Doing it in chat is also not how this is typically done, depending on activity it can be minutes or hours for enough members to be around to take all of the chests, the chat overlap with multiple people doing this and with messages falling off the top of the history would make doing zero-sums this way utter chaos! It's best done with fellows creating one new in-game message thread each time they have an AW ready to upgrade.