• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered Why are my costs for research and buildings 2-3 times more expensive than my friend’s at same MH level 5?

Hi, I have what’s probably a stupid beginner question: my friend and I are both MH level 5, I’m in chapter 2 and she is in chapter 3. So still quite early in the game and figuring it out. :) One thing that we don’t understand is that my friend pays well less than me to level. She started after me, but she has now overtaken me in chapters because for example where she has to collect 9 KP for the crystal manufactory, I have to pay 27. Or we both have residences at level 7, the update would cost me 16 k gold and her 5200 gold. Does culture play a role in this? She has a lot more than me, but I thought culture only impacts income, not costs. Can someone shed some light for us on this mystery?

Lymhir

Spellcaster
Can you both already enter the tournament?
Do you have the same race?

Silly Bubbles

Necromancer
They've recently changed the early game research tree. So it looks like that your friend has the new version of it while you got the old one. It will be same once you reach guest races (Ch6).

Lymhir

Spellcaster
In fact, the level 2 player already enters the tournament while the level 3 does not.

Ah! It’s true, my friend doesn’t have tournaments yet while I have them. We did notice there are some small differences in the research tree between us, like when certain things appear. I’m almost considering restarting, because it feels like I’m going so much slower... if this carries on until chapter VI… sigh. Thank you both for solving the riddle!

Lymhir

Spellcaster
In your place I would not change, the tournament is very beneficial, rather I would join a fellowship, you could come to mine on Arendyll, we are looking for new players and you would both be welcome.