• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

What's the payout on Festival Merchant II ?

• Thread starter Deleted member 10929
  • Start date

DeletedUser

I can find Festival Merchant 1 when i search, but not 2.

What does it give per chapter ?

Solanix

Forum Moderator
Elvenar Team
@Elivar do you mean Traveling Merchants? They come as Traveling Merchant I, II and III. The amount of goods received from them is depending on the chapter you are in when you produce them in your Magic Academy.

DeletedUser

Sorry, mis-read/-typed ;-)

Yes, it's Traveling @Solanix :)

And found it now. Hmm, doesn't give that much. Will spare my CC's :)

Gargon667

Mentor
All 3 travelling merchants have horrible efficiency of producing goods. As long as you have either a FS or a good neighbourhood to trade with there is absolutely no point in having them.
The only people that benefit from them, would be solo players that hate trading...

Wibbly Woo

Spellcaster
I thought the maths suggested that TM3 could be a more efficient goods producer once you accounted for the space needed to provide the population, culture, and goods feeding into the T3 manufactories?

Obviously a piece of theory crafting that is going to vary for pretty much every city.

Deleted User - 341074

I thought the maths suggested that TM3 could be a more efficient goods producer once you accounted for the space needed to provide the population, culture, and goods feeding into the T3 manufactories?
I thought so too, but recently re-ran the numbers, and it's really only better than running non-boosted.
Once you have like 100+ relics those TMs are brutal.
I think maybe it used to be reasonable if you could build a TM3 and find some sucker to give you T1 at an old fat ratio- then and only then does the TM beat a boosted factory even factoring in all support buildings

Gargon667

Mentor

Obviously a piece of theory crafting that is going to vary for pretty much every city.

Not really, the TMs are all (TM3 is least bad) so bad, even factories are better and yes that includes pop and all the rest. I am not saying factories are good, only better than TMs.

FieryArien

Necromancer
If I remember correctly, in my younger city I crafted TM3 (2 or 3 of them eventually) before I even unlocked T3 manus. It was extremely comfortable to have this source of T3 and to spread the development of my own T3 production over much much longer period. Not to mention that obviously I wasn’t high on T3 relics at that time ...
In higher chapters I wouldn’t build any of these Merchants. (Except the mistakenly mentioned Festival of course.)

Wibbly Woo

Spellcaster
Running a basic calculation for human chapter 5 as that is where one of my cities is...
TM3 produces 2x 51 goods every 3 hours In 6 squares.a

Magic Dust 15 produces 182 base every three hours. With the 700% bonus, that is 1456 every 3 hours In 20 squares. It requires 2067 population and 412 culture.

How are those supplies generated? For a naive and simple assumption, we could assume they are provided by a level 15 workshop using 3 hour orders. For simplicity I will assume a 25% culture bonus. A level 15 human workshop produces a base of 1600 supplies in a three hour order, or 2000 supplies in three hours using 12 squares, 471 pop, and 169 culture.

The factory is consuming 5820 supplies on that three hour production. This means it requires 5820/2000, or 2.9 workshops, which will cost 34.9 squares, 1370 pop, and 492 culture. This brings the cost of the factory and supporting workshops to 54.9 squares, 3437 pop, and 904 culture.

If that population is provided by level 15 residences, that is 3437/560, or 6.14 residences at 12 squares and 158 culture each, for a total of 73.7 squares, and 970 culture for the residences to provide the factory and workshops.

Under these assumptions, the factory, plus workshops, plus residences, is costing 128.6 squares, and 1874 culture, to generate 1456 magic dust every three hours. Ignoring road requirements obviously.

128.6 squares of TM3 would be sufficient for 21 TM3, which would generate 2142 T3 goods. Ignoring roads again. This is also ignoring the cost of providing 1874 culture, and also providing the 25% extra required for that booster on goods production. I have also ignored the gold costs and simply assumed the residences are sufficient, at this point checking that number seems unnecessary.

Yes, this may be pretty much a best case, but TM3 is certainly not completely useless, depending on what your alternatives are. More effective sources of population and supplies would obviously completely change this calculation. Use of enchantments will change it as well by improving efficiency. Larger culture bonus will likely change it at least slightly by improving efficiency.

Deleted User - 341074

Yes, this may be pretty much a best case, but TM3 is certainly not completely useless, depending on what your alternatives are. More effective sources of population and supplies would obviously completely change this calculation. Use of enchantments will change it as well by improving efficiency. Larger culture bonus will likely change it at least slightly by improving efficiency.
Yeah, that's what makes it so difficult.
If you take a city with 150% culture, a PoP spell and Magic buildings then the equation changes quite a bit.

Wibbly Woo

Spellcaster
Yeah, that's what makes it so difficult.
If you take a city with 150% culture, a PoP spell and Magic buildings then the equation changes quite a bit.
Or you use Goblin Gift shops instead of residences, or a Tome of Secrets or Endless Excavation instead of workshops, or supply rains, or a Golden Abyss, or...

Best case, it is competitive: against the naive core buildings for a casual player it is probably an easy step up. Against a well run active players city, it’s not relevant.