• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered What to do after a chapter?

mountaindew

Seeker
Hello all,

just made a international account to ask you guys some question regarding end chapter and start new chapter and what the international community thinks.

im just about to end chapter 18 on a dutch server and im thinking between 2 options.
im low on wonder levels ( around level 145 in total with 19 wonders placed)

option 1: go on in the techtree and slowly work on wonders.
option 2: stop advancing for a couple weeks/months on the tech tree and spend all kps on wonders (depending on how far to level up the wonders)

i feel more for option 2 but not sure if its the best, im in a fellowship that does 10 chests weekly and atleast silver on the spire. got a couple of magic residents but mostly normals. and what is a good wonder level to have going into chapter 19??

thanks alot already

Sir Derf

Adept
Question - how is your inventory of summonable expiring non-fighting buildings? Carting Libraries, Genies, Goddess of Wishes, Ferris Wheels, etc? Consider using the free space without a Guest Race to plant those while wiling away the hours. Gather some additional KP, diamonds, etc.

I'm exactly where you are, and am doing that.

mountaindew

Seeker
well just started in the FS 2 weeks ago so im just getting blueprints possible magic buildings and stuff so i dont have alot of those buildings how long have you been at this point doing it?

Sir Derf

Adept
Well, my 30-day Goddess of Wishes are about 5 days from going poof, so about 25 days. I'm not sure if that's what you're asking.

mountaindew

Seeker
well part of haha! i mean how long are you "on hold" in the tech tree? just started or doing it already for weeks? and do you recommand stopping the tech tree and level up wonders or do you also advance in the tree?

Sir Derf

Adept
I think of it kind of in reverse...

In the final weeks of Chapter 18, I finished upgrading all my buildings, and I spent the time building from scratch several boosted T8 Manus.

Once I breached Chapter 19, I did the following:

• I had enough Blueprints to upgrade all my Magic Residences and Workshops.
  • I reassessed my Pets, and discovered I had about 3 additional pets I wanted to add.
  • I RRed the Pets I wanted to bump to Ch19
  • I decided to add the Temple of Spirits. I made Broken Runes to forge Runes to place it, pumped a lot of KP (with some FS help, although I'm chapters ahead of all my fellows), and the blitzed more Runes to get it Level 6 ahead of the next event. Unurium from currency was nice.
  • I put in the mix of Manus I wanted, Armories, and then all the non-fighting Expiring buildings I had.
From there, I did put KP into research. And when I was stalled on the Research, I would put it into my AWs. I upgraded my T8 Manus, and have been making boosted T8, but without the Trader yet, I haven't been able to trade for it yet.

At this point (25 days in), I've researched 19, unlocked 15 researches, with 3 left to do before the remaining are locked behind needing Creatures.

In 5 days, I'm going to remove the few expired Goddess of Wishes and an Armory or 2 so I can place the Fortress of Revenge, upgrade my Trader, and some new upgrades for Manus..

20 days later, the 50-day expiring buildings expire, and I'll have the room to add some Towers of Light and Dark.

By the end, I'm usually really bored with waiting on being able to start progressing in the Chapter with the Guest Races.

Sir Derf

Adept
Oh, and my focus in that first Event in Chapter 19 for me was for Tender Tag Teams, where I was able to score 14 to replace 14 of my 16 from earlier.

Oh, and I've managed to so far craft upgrades for 10 of my current 16 Festival Merchants.

I haven't yet thought out my desired mix of Towers and Breeding Grounds.

OldHag

Necromancer
option 2 which would include what @Sir Derf first post said. Temporary buildings can do wonders for you :)

mountaindew

Seeker
I think of it kind of in reverse...

In the final weeks of Chapter 18, I finished upgrading all my buildings, and I spent the time building from scratch several boosted T8 Manus.

Once I breached Chapter 19, I did the following:

• I had enough Blueprints to upgrade all my Magic Residences and Workshops.
  • I reassessed my Pets, and discovered I had about 3 additional pets I wanted to add.
  • I RRed the Pets I wanted to bump to Ch19
  • I decided to add the Temple of Spirits. I made Broken Runes to forge Runes to place it, pumped a lot of KP (with some FS help, although I'm chapters ahead of all my fellows), and the blitzed more Runes to get it Level 6 ahead of the next event. Unurium from currency was nice.
  • I put in the mix of Manus I wanted, Armories, and then all the non-fighting Expiring buildings I had.
From there, I did put KP into research. And when I was stalled on the Research, I would put it into my AWs. I upgraded my T8 Manus, and have been making boosted T8, but without the Trader yet, I haven't been able to trade for it yet.

At this point (25 days in), I've researched 19, unlocked 15 researches, with 3 left to do before the remaining are locked behind needing Creatures.

In 5 days, I'm going to remove the few expired Goddess of Wishes and an Armory or 2 so I can place the Fortress of Revenge, upgrade my Trader, and some new upgrades for Manus..

20 days later, the 50-day expiring buildings expire, and I'll have the room to add some Towers of Light and Dark.

By the end, I'm usually really bored with waiting on being able to start progressing in the Chapter with the Guest Races.
so you basically did advance through the chapter and when stuck invested the kps into AWs? right now im short on magic buildings and wokring on the spire to get them haha! i think after teamspirit ( still 3 researches to go 280-280-300 badges..... hell) i think i need to rethink some stuff and might focus on wonders to be able to do spire and tournaments comfortably without a to much loss

Sir Derf

Adept
First, a modification - no point putting in the lone Fortress of Revenge - it produces nothing. Guess I've still got 3 weeks before making any Guest Race buildings.

Let me put it this way...

I could spend weeks or months focusing KP into my AWs before I start doing research in Chapter 19.
Or, I could put in temporary buildings, some of them making KP directly, some making KP as random options, putting overclocked KP first into my research, then into AWs while stalled. I've been stalled in the past 3 weeks... I'm going to be stalled for most of the next 3 weeks. And I'm not giving myself much room for the final almost 2 months to be able to put in Breeding Grounds, so a large part of that will be stalled also. Stalled while getting boosted KP production from the temporary buildings.

That's my preferred style of preyplay. I essentially slow my progress in the Chapter by getting bonus resources from the expiring buildings I've built up.

Last edited:

MinervaOz

Enchanter
I've taken breaks of varying lengths between chapters since the end of chapter 14. It gives me time to concentrate on other aspects of the game, build up AWs, stock up on stuff I need for the following chapter and enjoy the space (whether to have a minimal-stress FA or just decorate my city). The only downside is that your score increase will be slower, so if your FS prioritises ranking they might not like it too much.

In chapter 19, guest race goods aren't needed until almost half-way through the tech tree. I worked my way through that part and had a long break there. That gives you the ability to build your 2nd tier ascended goods factory and start producing and trading A2 goods. The barracks, training grounds and armouries get their upgrades in there, which will help with fighting. You've also got plenty of room to rearrange the buildings that change size and/or orientation.

Building and upgrading the settlement buildings needs an eye-watering amount of mana and ascended goods, particularly A1, and A2 to a lesser extent. Stocking up on those before you start is a good idea. A high level Dragon Abbey is a big help. Several of my FS had to rapidly (and reluctantly) build and upgrade the Maze just to keep up, because they were running out of spells, but I managed to avoid that (scraping together enough mana to build or upgrade one building before decay time, and another overnight). Producing the goods needed for the tech tree is painfully slow so you're going to be tech-locked for a good bit of the chapter anyway, which will give you more time to work on your AWs. A high level Blooming Trader helps there.

You can use the available space for buildings that will produce whatever you happen to be short of, which may or not be expiring buildings. (For instance, you might have evolving buildings in inventory that produce KPs, if you need more of those.)

mountaindew

Seeker
I've taken breaks of varying lengths between chapters since the end of chapter 14. It gives me time to concentrate on other aspects of the game, build up AWs, stock up on stuff I need for the following chapter and enjoy the space (whether to have a minimal-stress FA or just decorate my city). The only downside is that your score increase will be slower, so if your FS prioritises ranking they might not like it too much.

In chapter 19, guest race goods aren't needed until almost half-way through the tech tree. I worked my way through that part and had a long break there. That gives you the ability to build your 2nd tier ascended goods factory and start producing and trading A2 goods. The barracks, training grounds and armouries get their upgrades in there, which will help with fighting. You've also got plenty of room to rearrange the buildings that change size and/or orientation.

Building and upgrading the settlement buildings needs an eye-watering amount of mana and ascended goods, particularly A1, and A2 to a lesser extent. Stocking up on those before you start is a good idea. A high level Dragon Abbey is a big help. Several of my FS had to rapidly (and reluctantly) build and upgrade the Maze just to keep up, because they were running out of spells, but I managed to avoid that (scraping together enough mana to build or upgrade one building before decay time, and another overnight). Producing the goods needed for the tech tree is painfully slow so you're going to be tech-locked for a good bit of the chapter anyway, which will give you more time to work on your AWs. A high level Blooming Trader helps there.

You can use the available space for buildings that will produce whatever you happen to be short of, which may or not be expiring buildings. (For instance, you might have evolving buildings in inventory that produce KPs, if you need more of those.)
Thanks alot!! I do have a dragon abbey and maze but quite low lvl, so im just going to take it slow( since i will be tech locked sometime) and just learn the spire and tournaments more trying to get higher and higher there and just go investing into some AWs !! Thank you!!

C-Nymph

Necromancer
Doesn't seem to me like you'll have to choose between doing Chapter 19 or your AWs, since you can do both perfectly at the same time. Chapter 19 is such a slow drag (as soon as you hit the part of the tech tree that requires guest race goods), you can add kp to a tech, fill it up, discover it takes about a week to make the needed guest race goods to unlock it, so while being stuck like that unable to spend more kp on the tech tree you can work on your AWs ;)

m4rt1n

Adept
As an end game player I used the space to build a load of sets, evolving buildings and Genie's won, then teleport out the evolvers and sets as other buildings expire when the next chapter is released.

Sir Derf

Adept
30-day expiring buildings expired...
Have already upgraded all the manus, workshops, etc...
50-day expiring buildings still have 2 weeks to go...

My original plan was to wait for that, put in the Fortress and a couple of Towers, but then coast while waiting on my 100-day expiring buildings.

But, I think I've run out of passivity. I just planned out a layout that removes a few Workshops, Armories and Manus so I can add space for not only a Fortress and Towers, but also a bunch of Breeding Grounds, as well as the three Training Speed boosting Ancient Wonders.

Those 2 weeks sure look like a long time...

mountaindew

Seeker
I got the speeding ancient wonders with 7 armouries atm training 24/7 but im running out of supplies to keep on training.. my training queue is now around 13hours. Going to work towards 24hour queue... and going to add all my kps towards wonders to level them up so i can:
keep training 24/7 without running out of supplies.

Take on the tower to atleast stage 2 boss without negotiation

Tournaments to 30 provinces atleast 2*

I guess im than ready for the H19 chapter haha

Sir Derf

Adept
Noticed someone reacted to my early post, felt like a good time to add an update.

Just had my 100-day buildings expire, so did a city rearrangement that I had planned weeks ahead of time.

I've had Towers for several weeks, built out some guest roads, and had started to make some Breeding Facilities. I've now cleared room so I can have 8 Towers, 4 Light, 4 Dark, and will eventually support 10 Breeding Facilities.

Comparing my current map to a map I had saved at the start of the Chapter, I've gone from 234 AW Levels to 259 AW Levels, so +25 Levels. That includes taking my Temple of the Spirits from Level 1 to Level 11 (+10), and I just put in the three AWs that increase Military Training Speeds with plans to blitz them through a few levels while letting my FS get some KPs in (+3), which means I added 12 Levels to other AWs over the last 100 days or so.

Oh, and I added 2 city expansions, 1 from Research, 1 from accumulated Diamonds with discount pricing, and am nearly built up to afford the next one hopefully before the next sale comes around.

I've also recently had positive life changes that have impacted my Elvenar availability, so the last couple of weeks haven't hit my with the hurry-up-and-finish-expiring, I'm-bored-and-ready-for-the-next-step.

So, I'm happy with my progress.