• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Version 1.182

anonglitch

Co-Community Manager
Elvenar Team
Dear Humans and Elves,

Please use this thread to discuss the update to Version 1.182.

We're looking forward to your feedback!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

OldHag

Necromancer
  • We fixed an issue preventing players from collecting event currency from the city outskirts on max zoom level. Now, you can collect the event currency regardless of the zoom level.
------------

This is not fixed. I just had a notification that a key had fallen in my city. I had to zoom in even further then previously to pick up a key at the very bottom of the map, which was hidden behind the toolbar at the bottom, so it was impossible to see without zooming in and dragging my city around until I found it.

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
Hi @OldHag have you performed a Cache Clear since the update? If not then please do and see if you still experience the issue, if you have then let me know and i'll find out if this is still to be ironed out :)

Kind Regards

Herodite.

OldHag

Necromancer
I cleared my cache @Herodite and the problem is still there (for me at least). When I logged on this morning, I knew I should have 6 keys, I was fully zoomed out of my city but could only see 4 keys. I had to zoom in to find and collect the other 2 keys. One was completely hidden under the bottom toolbar and the other was completely hidden at the top of my city, under the kp bar at the top. Once I zoomed in and moved my city around I was able to see and collect both of those keys.

Sir Derf

Adept
I too had a currency this morning in the infamous upper center location.

For my screen, at my preferred zoom, this is almost (but not completely) hidden from view; a little tip of the currency just barely sticks out. Normally, I either switch from city to map to city to see if I continue to get the "you have currency" message, or I zoom in, zoom out until I just get the notification bars so the currency is no longer under the interface.

Today, I tried clicking on the currency, and found that there is a magic sweet spot which, while not visually a part of the currency icon, will still let me collect the currency.

Soooo, I am able to see it without changing my zoom, and I am able to collect it without changing my zoom. I guess.

I don't like it.

OldHag

Necromancer
Is there any response to this?
2 of the keys are still hidden. The bottom key is completely hidden underneath the 'spells inventory' icon - the top one is hidden under the kp bar. I don't know if this is helpful or not, but when I'm fully zoomed out of my city, I can not see the top towers of my level 46Main hall, which is where the awkward kp is located.

OldHag

Necromancer
I am on 100% zoom setting, @Silmaril - again, not sure if this is useful info or not, but my monitor is widescreen? Maybe that's standard, I don't know. Modernity and all that....lol :)

m4rt1n

Adept
I use a 24" widescreen monitor, but older so 16:9 ratio and they are reachable for me, is yours more cinematic widescreen 21:9.

Sir Derf

Adept
It's the "Cauldron replace old with new arrow" all over again...

Are you on 100% zoom in (The buildings are really big and close), or 100% zoom out (the buildings are really small and far away, what I think you meant)?

OldHag

Necromancer
It's a 28inch widerscreen monitor, @m4rt1n - not really sure what you mean @Sir Derf but when I zoom in the buildings are big and when I zoom out they're small and I can see the whole of my city on screen, with room to spare on the sides. Please don't ask me for a screenshot....lol :)

C-Nymph

Necromancer
Are you on 100% zoom in (The buildings are really big and close), or 100% zoom out (the buildings are really small and far away, what I think you meant)?
It amazes me how you are sometimes able to make things even more complicated/confusing than they are ;) On browsers, not being zoomed in OR zoomed out actually means you are at 100% zoom. Zooming in will take it above 100% and and zooming out will take it below 100%.

It's a 28inch widerscreen monitor, @m4rt1n - not really sure what you mean @Sir Derf but when I zoom in the buildings are big and when I zoom out they're small and I can see the whole of my city on screen, with room to spare on the sides. Please don't ask me for a screenshot....lol :)
There is a difference in "zooming in" in the game with just the mouse's scroll wheel, or using the extra zoom function browsers provide, which can be (accidentally) used by holding the CTRL button and then using the scroll wheel. To make sure your browser zoom is on 100% (not zoomed in, not zoomed out), press the CTLR+0 (zero) keys simultaneously on your keyboard.
Or if you'd rather use the mouse, click on the three dots or three stripes in the upper right corner of the browser to pull down the menu and make sure the zoom there is set on 100%.

Chrome:
1693564244539.png

Firefox:
1693564321269.png

Then see if that helps to fix you not being able to see the outside borders and whether it helps you to be able to then click the event currency that are hiding out there :)

Last edited:

Sir Derf

Adept
It amazes me how you are sometimes able to make things even more complicated/confusing than they are ;) On browsers, not being zoomed in OR zoomed out actually means you are at 100% zoom. Zooming in will take it above 100% and and zooming out will take it below 100%.
Ain't words weird...

I really thought I was being a wise guy, that "100% zoom" meant you were fully zoomed in. It honestly hadn't even occurred to me that there was a third interpretation for the phrase "100% zoom", that the neutral point in the middle is labeled "100%", with lesser and greater amounts of zoom being lesser and greater percentages.

As an explanation, I've been involved in some discussions involving photography recently, and had someone referring to being on the widest setting as being at "full zoom" instead of "full zoom out".

Just goes to show, sometime no matter how hard you imply something, it's had to prevent people inferring something else.