• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

[User Interface] Fellowship activity tracker

DeletedUser

We had a similar suggestion here: https://en.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/fellowships-pinboard-show-activity.840/

imo the game really needs admin tools for fellowships and players showing data such as how many visits were performed by the player comparative to number of ppl in the fellowship over the last week, how many trades they put up and accepted and when they last logged on. Such data would be useful for fellowships as a whole and make it much easier for people and fellowships to find the rights fellowship and players respectively. Currently Archmages have to faff around trying to manually monitor everything to ensure their fellowships remain stable, at least in fellowships that require a certain level of dedication, and it's very difficult for players to find fellowships and vice versa, as there's no player or fs data available besides total points.

DeletedUser1295

It would be very helpful when visiting a players city to see the date of when they last logged onto the game, especially when scouting for new members. You won't waste time sending mail to players that haven't logged on in weeks!! Could be on the player's profile or under the city name. Would love to see this on the game! Thanks! Last logged on: April 25th 2016. :p

To make such information available for public view, could be seen as an infringement of privacy.
I can imagine though that it would be helpful for the Arch Mage and/or Mages to be able to view certain information about inactivity of their members. For example: Them being able to see if a member has not been on line for 7 days.

DeletedUser

To make such information available for public view, could be seen as an infringement of privacy.
I can imagine though that it would be helpful for the Arch Mage and/or Mages to be able to view certain information about inactivity of their members. For example: Them being able to see if a member has not been on line for 7 days.

Really? Such features are available in other games :D Why not let people turn it on and off then.

Deleted User - 13667

bad idea to turn it on and off. Given the track record here, it will become permanent on

DeletedUser1295

Really? Such features are available in other games :D Why not let people turn it on and off then.
Well, I'm not a lawyer :D so I cannot be 100% sure, but I do know that German privavy legislation is rather stringent.

In other games usually the inactivity information is only visible for leaders of a certain group of players (guilds, fellowships, etc.) and then it will only show if a player has been inactive for longer than a certain period, e.g. 2 days or 7 days.

Btw, I moved all posts from the thread "Last logged on" opened by "Queen Sparkles" to this existing thread. This because here the idea was initially suggested and the posts in the 'almost duplicate thread' raised some new issues, which is why I did not want to archive those ;)

Any additional comments are welcome!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1781

I can't really see an issue in the above suggestion.
If they don't want people to track their in-game online activity, they can option to don't join a fellowship. Entering one means you accept the Terms and Conditions of that Fellowship and the game's Terms and Conditions which may include the above suggestion and this would cover InnoGames in case of any "wanna-be misterious in a place where everybody can be everything" person decides to sue them.

We can find +'s and -'s in any suggestion and if we want we can or cannot agree with them. However, I do agree with this suggestion and I highly support it!

DeletedUser

Well, I'm not a lawyer :D so I cannot be 100% sure, but I do know that German privavy legislation is rather stringent.

In other games usually the inactivity information is only visible for leaders of a certain group of players (guilds, fellowships, etc.) and then it will only show if a player has been inactive for longer than a certain period, e.g. 2 days or 7 days.

I don't want to argue, but I think you are wrong here :p Games do not provide personal data such as IRL name / address etc, and even the forum tells us when someone was last online (Last seen on --), how many likes they have, how many and posts they made etc. What we are asking for for Elvenar is the same kind of thing: just some basic data to make interaction and admin of fellowships less bothersome :) In any case, if it really were illegal under German privacy legislation, one could still give ppl the option to hide it, but like I said, if it is, then the forum is also illegal in that sense, as is any other platform providing basic user data to other members.

DeletedUser

just some basic data to make interaction and admin of fellowships less bothersome
But there's another bookend.
http://www.steadyhealth.com/topics/divorce-because-of-husbands-computer-games-addiction
is one of many such articles where stalking data was used to demonstrate a gaming addiction. Equally, there are a lot of suspicious fights about with WHOM you have been sharing your life.

So it's a real problem, and "doing it right" would require a lot of code that prevents that very information from being accessible. There's also the whole stalker/infatuation problem, where you simply DO NOT want somebody sitting in your lap all of the time, but they're just fine if you can maintain a bit of distance.

I'll also grumble, just a bit, about fellowship Archmages who can't even tell if a member is active, without a list.

Privacy is something that you have to fight for, an inch at a time.

DeletedUser

so @Katwijk are you worried about being stalked on the forum? :p And even if elvenar is more worried about "privacy" on its games than any other entity offering online services :p , and that's the reason for not having it as opposed to bad design, there's still the option of letting people turn the details off :D Also, you can still see if someone in the same FS is online and tell from their cities if you are THAT desperate to stalk them, so I can't see it making much difference. Also, spouses can tell whether their loved ones are addicted by tracking their score XD

DeletedUser1295

I don't want to argue, but I think you are wrong here :p Games do not provide personal data such as IRL name / address etc, and even the forum tells us when someone was last online (Last seen on --), how many likes they have, how many and posts they made etc. What we are asking for for Elvenar is the same kind of thing: just some basic data to make interaction and admin of fellowships less bothersome :) In any case, if it really were illegal under German privacy legislation, one could still give ppl the option to hide it, but like I said, if it is, then the forum is also illegal in that sense, as is any other platform providing basic user data to other members.

Youre welcome to debate with me Slotharingia and you certainly raised some valid points!

Indeed I might be wrong, no argument about that :p

On the forum however, every forum member is able to edit his/her privacy settings conforming to privacy legislation. Also the forum is a public platform which would lead to other rules on privacy legislation than the game.

In many games (especially PvP games) public information on the last activity of a player might lead to unfair situations in-game. Activity on the forum is not necessarily an indication as to whether a player is active in-game as well.

Maybe someone wants to start a discussion on privacy issues in the General Discussion ?