• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered Understanding fair trading?

Ellania

Alchemist
I'm told that trading down from say gems to steel is unfair somehow and yet whenever it put them up and lower them so as to mark them as three stars they're taken super fast, I've noticed those who produce scrolls keep hold of them for dear life and of course I have dreadful issues with running low of those crystals and all the lower tier ones like steel & planks, is their some chart of guide which can help understand what is the right way to trade only sometimes I feel like i'm losing out somehow. So much so as I've just planted some unboosted scrolls out of sheer desperation.

I'm now using the spire wizard which has really helped though one was problematic but better results than i've ever had before but then we've a tourney started again, I can't seem to keep up with all of these only my resources have run incredibly low and even dry in some instances due to pushing the tourney's each season in a bid and again in desperation to get a blueprint

Jake65

Sage
Some players frown upon cross-tier trades (eg gems for steel), others think it's fine. If you put up a trade and someone takes it, they thought it was fair so no harm done :)
2 stars is an even fair trade, 3 stars as you said, fly off the shelves. My own rule of thumb is 5% off for any trades I place, 10-20% discount if I'm desperately in a hurry.

So much so as I've just planted some unboosted scrolls out of sheer desperation.
See if you can up your coins and supplies production and then buy these goods from the wholesaler.

Jake65

Sage
If you have the Blooming Trader Guild AW available, it's a worthwhile investment IMO.
Reduces the 'cost' of trading with undiscovered neighbours and also improves the wholesaler offers.

Ellania

Alchemist
If you have the Blooming Trader Guild AW available, it's a worthwhile investment IMO.
Reduces the 'cost' of trading with undiscovered neighbours and also improves the wholesaler offers.
A level 30 Blooming trader guild AW gives fair trades from the wholesaler at 1:1

It seems I may have made a bad move after reading the likes of this on these forums I removed my BTG.
"Blooming trader- if you win 1 trading post per event you are better off than having a level 11 BTG. And you save 17 squares. No, the wholesale reduction isn't great, go buy KP instead;)"

Jake65

Sage
It seems I may have made a bad move after reading the likes of this on these forums I removed my BTG.
"Blooming trader- if you win 1 trading post per event you are better off than having a level 11 BTG. And you save 17 squares. No, the wholesale reduction isn't great, go buy KP instead;)"
If you decide to place it again, I've got 32 shards which would be 480kp which you're welcome to have to get the upgrades going.
If you're in Winyandor?

m4rt1n

Adept

Yes a lot of players dismiss the BTG without realising it's full potential, I dump excess kp and coins in it daily and have no shortage of goods.

Also a great boost on the amount of portal storage for the guest races.

Ellania

Alchemist
If you decide to place it again, I've got 32 shards which would be 480kp which you're welcome to have to get the upgrades going.
If you're in Winyandor?

Yes a lot of players dismiss the BTG without realising it's full potential, I dump excess kp and coins in it daily and have no shortage of goods.

Also a great boost on the amount of portal storage for the guest races.
Since removing it I've began to struggle in a big way, I can't complete the spire if it wasn't for @Jake65 i'd be right up the creek without a paddle, no disrespect to anyone but barely any trades are taken inside the FS, I can't complete the tourney either as have no units as can't train or start productions due to the lack of coin and supplies which I've been buying goods to try and beat the spire, so that advice on here regards the Blooming trader is in fact Blooming useless, not being funny but i can usually manage the spire and do well in the tourney's and now i'm up against a corner, also, one thing, all the chests above high halls in the spire are locked and i'm one away from finishing but it has been the toughest for me yet but i doubt I shall finish due to the lack of coins + by the way, a massive thank you to you @Jake65

Last edited:

Jake65

Sage
Prosperity Towers (which I see is your favourite) is also very useful as this will help with supplies and therefore troop training and/or in the trader for buying goods.
It's a bit of a slog but just keep ploughing KP into them, the long-term benefit is worth it.

Ellania

Alchemist
Prosperity Towers (which I see is your favourite) is also very useful as this will help with supplies and therefore troop training and/or in the trader for buying goods.
It's a bit of a slog but just keep ploughing KP into them, the long-term benefit is worth it.
I really appreciate your help and advice, thank you so much.

kimkimkim

Summoner
I'm not one to promote this but after taking a look at your city and the fellowship you are in....IMO you may want to think about finding a different fellowship, this could be very well the key to your problem......there seems to be only 15 people active in your fellowship which could be a reason why you are not getting trades, why you are not getting help in tourneys or in the spire.....finding that right fellowship can help you with trades (some will even take 0 star trades just to help you in tourneys and spire)

As for not having enough supplies and coins might be due to your city functionality......I took a quick peek at it and IMO it needs a little bit of an overhaul which could then lead you to building more workshops for supplies, building more residences for coins......ensure you are doing neighbor help to both your fellowship and to all your neighbors on the world map, this will give you lots of coins......set your city layput in a square, place buildings with the short end touching the roads, remove buildings off of roads that don't require a road, when doing events try to choose buildings that give most of what you need wether it be more culture, more pop....

Ellania

Alchemist
I'm not one to promote this but after taking a look at your city and the fellowship you are in....IMO you may want to think about finding a different fellowship, this could be very well the key to your problem......there seems to be only 15 people active in your fellowship which could be a reason why you are not getting trades, why you are not getting help in tourneys or in the spire.....finding that right fellowship can help you with trades (some will even take 0 star trades just to help you in tourneys and spire)

As for not having enough supplies and coins might be due to your city functionality......I took a quick peek at it and IMO it needs a little bit of an overhaul which could then lead you to building more workshops for supplies, building more residences for coins......ensure you are doing neighbor help to both your fellowship and to all your neighbors on the world map, this will give you lots of coins......set your city layput in a square, place buildings with the short end touching the roads, remove buildings off of roads that don't require a road, when doing events try to choose buildings that give most of what you need wether it be more culture, more pop....
I am but I hadn't played in well over a year and have only just returned and hence why it all looks old and needing work, it's a working progress, I've managed to up one era since returning and removed a lot of things, quite a few dead ones too.

Ellania

Alchemist
The majority of culture buildings aren't connected, i noticed one was but had moved it to upgrade something, the marbles but then noticed i didn't have the mana lol, i put another down last night after removing one only because i didn't like it and the replacement gives more anyhow, the city is still being reshuffled and upgraded when they're finished, at least i got another building spot so can manage 3 at a time