• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Unbalanced game

DeletedUser

I think title says it all.

My bonus is on "steel", "crystal" and "elixir".

Whenever I open market if I get 10 trades where this resource is needed is a good day.

Now other players even profit out of it and you see 1 steel per 1.2 or 1.5 marble/planks. Same applies to crystal.
For elixir almost no-one is looking for it. I'm staying with over 70k elixir and 1/2k gems and I don't have from where to buy.

At this moment I see 2 things:
  1. Game developers/designers will do something about this issue
  2. I will quit the game

DeletedUser66

The developers cannot fix all your problems for you - especially while you have the options available to sort this out yourself.

At this moment I see 2 solutions:

1. Re-evaluate your fellowship, bring in members whose boosts are what your fellowship needs.
2. Find a new fellowship who needs Elixir producers.

End result = Profit!

A player with similar issues with trading posted here and after taking some advice:
After I posted, I did indeed join a new fellowship and Elvenar is now a completely new game play experience, lively chat, lots of visits and fair, frequent trading.

Not to nudge at you, but at the end you do have the ability to sort out such problems without developer intervention.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted User - 50840

I agree with Da Twista.

Alternativly you can build a lot of level 1 manufactorys of your boosted goods and set them on the one day productions. Then use the one day production quests to get of your non boosted goods. Those quests only finish when you pick up the goods from the factory. So you can pick up one, cycle the quests, pick up next. Rinse and repeat.

You have the space.

DeletedUser

There are only NINE unique city+relic combinations, so your imbalances are all strictly local.
The developers HAVE provided a balanced distribution of relics on the world map.
9Bar.jpg

DeletedUser219

There are two other factors affecting this over which the development team have no control.
The first is the 'tax' on traders you have not discovered yet. This is probably responsible for most of the 1.5/1 trades you see (and possibly some of the 1.2/1).
The other factor is Mr. Murphy, who ensures that the players who remain active in a given area all share at least one boosted good. This is solved, in time, by the 30 day deletion of inactive accounts and the addition of more active players.

DeletedUser491

There are only NINE unique city+relic combinations, so your imbalances are all strictly local.
The developers HAVE provided a balanced distribution of relics on the world map.
View attachment 105

I think you'll find there are more than 9. There are 3 tiers at 3 options per tier. 3^3 = 27 options. I have listed them all below, to demonstrate.

X/Y/Z, the x is tier 1, and its number represents the 1st, 2nd or 3rd resource for that tier.

1/1/1
1/1/2
1/1/3
1/2/1
1/2/2
1/2/3
1/3/1
1/3/2
1/3/3
2/1/1
2/1/2
2/1/3
2/2/1
2/2/2
2/2/3
2/3/1
2/3/2
2/3/3
3/1/1
3/1/2
3/1/3
3/2/1
3/2/2
3/2/3
3/3/1
3/3/2
3/3/3

DeletedUser

This game has good balance, overall.

But players make the game mis-balanced.

Fellowship invite too many of the same type of goods players.
Players mis-balance their cities looking for points.

A properly balanced system is having a Fellowship with a good system of trades vs goods produced. It is called Organization. If a fellowship mass invites everyone then of course it will mis-balance things and good trades are hard to find.
If your city is top heavy with tier 3 goods then your build system is un-balanced and your revenue stream will be a mess.

Players blame the game for a haphazard building system, they rarely blame themselves. Do a budget, manage your city like a city manager must do. Analyze your income vs Expenditures and you will find this game is very balanced.

DeletedUser

I think you'll find there are more than 9. There are 3 tiers at 3 options per tier. 3^3 = 27 options.
The available combinations depend on the sectors to the immediate Southwest, Southeast, and double Southeast (which is always identical to North) of each city. Only a third of the possible combinations are actually used.

The horizontal tessellation primitive has nine resources, as I've indicated above, sequenced 321321321.
  • 321 (Gems, Silk, Planks)
  • 321 (Magic Dust, Scrolls, Steel)
  • 321 (Elixir, Crystals, Marble)
The AVAILABLE combinations, as you slide along the city bar, are therefore:
  • 321 (first triple)
  • 213 (Silk, Planks, Magic Dust)
  • 132 (Planks, Magic Dust, Scrolls)
  • 321 (second triple)
  • 213 (Scrolls, Steel, Elixir)
  • 132 (Steel, Elixir, Crystals)
  • 321 (third triple)
  • 213 (Crystals, Marble,Gems)
  • 132 (Marble, Gems, Silk)
  • And then the pattern repeats
There are only NINE unique city + relic combinations, and all relics are equally accessible.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser491

The available combinations depend on the sectors to the immediate Southwest, Southeast, and double Southeast (which is always identical to North) of each city. Only a third of the possible combinations are actually used.

The horizontal tessellation primitive has nine resources, as I've indicated above, sequenced 321321321.
  • 321 (Gems, Silk, Planks)
  • 321 (Magic Dust, Scrolls, Steel)
  • 321 (Elixir, Crystals, Marble)
The AVAILABLE combinations, as you slide along the city bar, are therefore:
  • 321 (first triple)
  • 213 (Silk, Planks, Magic Dust)
  • 132 (Planks, Magic Dust, Scrolls)
  • 321 (second triple)
  • 213 (Scrolls, Steel, Elixir)
  • 132 (Steel, Elixir, Crystals)
  • 321 (third triple)
  • 213 (Crystals, Marble,Gems)
  • 132 (Marble, Gems, Silk)
  • And then the pattern repeats
There are only NINE unique city + relic combinations, and all relics are equally accessible.

I see, and how did you gather this information? As, assuming the random placement of resource provinces, there should be a possible 27 combinations.
I understand the pattern you described, but why is it that all combinations are not used, wouldnt this balance out the possible relic combinations in a much more effective way,.

Deleted User - 50840

and how did you gather this information?

You can verify this for yourself by looking on the map. Start with your own city, move left (looking at each city) untill you find one with the identical boosts as you (making notes as you go). Move up a row to the next city (note its boosts) and move to the right untill you find a repeat, then move up again, make note and then move to the left. Et cetera... You get the idea.

assuming the random placement of resource provinces

Random placement of provinces will be extremely unfair. Imagine you have a gem boost and in the 8 rows of hexes around you there is only 5 or less gem provinces... How low will your boost percentage be. Now imagine the opposite... 25 gem provinces in the 8 rows of hexes for a different player who also has a gem boost. Would that be fair?

DeletedUser491

Random placement of provinces will be extremely unfair. Imagine you have a gem boost and in the 8 rows of hexes around you there is only 5 or less gem provinces... How low will your boost percentage be. Now imagine the opposite... 25 gem provinces in the 8 rows of hexes for a different player who also has a gem boost. Would that be fair?

Yes. ;)

The cost of randomness is fair, although you cant really replicate true randomness, and any AI attempt at randomness is only criticised by the users anyway. If I was lucky enough to have 25 gem provinces around, sweet. If im unlucky, i need to work my other resources and use the trader. I hadnt noticed the apparent evenness of the provinces. I just assumed that it was randomised and never bothered to check.

Deleted User - 13667

A suggestion to get what you need would be actually join a fellowship with wide spread members and has different resources to trade

DeletedUser

If you join a fellowship that doesn't ask the boosted goods you have before inviting then you only have yourself to blame if you find that certain goods are missing.

DeletedUser

You can also watch the market for a couple of days, to see who IS offering the Goods that you need, and either join their fellowship or, if they're still playing solo, invite them to join.

I don't really think that balancing boosts gets you much of anywhere. In our Fellowship folks tend to have LESS of their boosted goods on hand, because they can run their boosted inventory much lower, without being caught short.

DeletedUser422

You can also watch the market for a couple of days, to see who IS offering the Goods that you need, and either join their fellowship or, if they're still playing solo, invite them to join.

you can invite people from the market sure, would be good if people actually read their mail..i've invited peeps that still have no Fellowship over a month ago or more, guess they don't like fair trade :mad:.. would be good if the market wasn't restricted to just the people around you :rolleyes:.

DeletedUser

you can invite people from the market sure, would be good if people actually read their mail..i've invited peeps that still have no Fellowship over a month ago or more, guess they don't like fair trade :mad:.. would be good if the market wasn't restricted to just the people around you :rolleyes:.

Thats a very fair point. Why do you need to discover ppl to trade fairly with them....Oh hang on....yes thats it.....you need to spend more real money on the game. Have you guys ever thought that by letting ppl trade more broadly they might....just might...get inclined to spend a bit more on the game....old adage.....softly softly catchee monkey