• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Closed | Archived Unable to access research menu

• Thread starter DeletedUser1863
  • Start date

DeletedUser1863

Game freezes when I click on research menu (to spend research points) Appears to start loading and then screen freezes with bar partially loaded. Happens in both worlds in which I play. No other issues with switching from one screen to another, just the research tab.

DeletedUser

I was just about to post the same thing! Thank you :) Having same issues !!!

DeletedUser

The same happened for me on the Czech version. It works on Windows 10, however on Linux it fails (Fedora 23, Chrome)

DeletedUser

I tried clean browser cache (everything) which helped to fix another issue on Windows, however the technology window is still inaccessible in Fedora. It starts to load and then freeses.

DeletedUser

Yes the same problem here, since the update. Win7, Firefox just updated. Rebooted the whole bloody pc, no change :-/
In 6 hours my kp bar is full, so please...? ;-)

DeletedUser

Let us be patient. We do not know in what time zone the programmers live and even if they start to fix the problem immediately, it takes time. They must check everything so they do not cause more harm than they fix. It is very easy to screw up, especialy in case of quick fixes.

DeletedUser1295

Thanks all for reporting this!
This issue has been confirmed and the cause of it has been found by the devs. Right now they are working on a fix.

In the meantime for those encountering problems with accessing the Research menu:
• Clear your browser cache;
• Restart your browser.

If this doesn't work:
• Try other browsers;
• You may need to repeat the previous steps for clearing cache and restarting the browser!

If that doesn't work either.... then I'm afraid you will have to wait for the fix :(

This issue has the highest priority right now, apologies for any inconvenience caused by it!!!

P.S. These steps provided by GregoriousIV may help you also!
If you are using Chrome or Firefox, go into the settings and reset the browser. Click the links below.

Chrome
Firefox

P.S.P.S.
Please feel free to share your solution to counter this issue in this thread, thereby helping other users !

firerock

Enchanter
Any idea if this will be released tomorrow?

I still cant access it, despite doing a whole host of things.

DeletedUser1777

hey guys i have windows 7 64bit and last version of Goocle chrome and get same bug when press to research tree. I try logged same with Internet Explorer 11 from Windows 7 and magick is there all working like before :D i hope u will get same FIX like me

DeletedUser

I was just about to post the same thing! Thank you :) Having same issues !!!

Cleared my browser history and cache finally able to get to the research window YAY !! Hope it works for everyone else!!!

DeletedUser

Also an issue with this. Have tried everything :( Haven't been able to spend KP for about 24 hours now and am about to afk for 5 days. Hope it's fixed soon.

DeletedUser

Well it still doesn't work, I tried to empty the cache, I tried it on other browsers, but still does not respond... So I am just wondering how those knowledge points will be replaced?

DeletedUser813

I cleared the cache as per the above link and it works well for me now. Before that I changed from Google Chrome to Internet Explorer which also worked.

DeletedUser3

Dear all,

Thank you all for your input on this issue, especially for the workarounds. You will be pleased to know this issue was fixed a short while ago. If anyone is still having problems accessing your Research menu please first try clearing your browser's cache. If doing this does not allow you to access your Research tree, please let us know, either by posting in this thread or by submitting a ticket, thank you :)