• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Closed | Contact Support Trader seems to lose stock since last update

DeletedUser6271

Hi, nothing more than an observation since the last game update - relating to the trader (by the way like the new look) but not keen on the fellowship now default to overview page - can we have the members page be the default please!!!

anyhow there appears to be reports by fellows that the trader "drops stock" - it happened to me the other day (thought nothing to much of it at time outside game glitch (log out / in brought it all back) - but now others reporting the same thing - sometimes refreshing works sometimes logout / in appears to work - no official reports of stock never coming back at this stage - certainly needs to be look at.

My observation is it seams to be more when receiving the message "Somebody else took the trade" when this happens looks like the person who posted the trade actually has both trades reported to the system meaning the loss stock for the trade is actually double to what was posted.
(not 100% sure but kinda looks like it issue is more related to the "somebody else took that trade" notice

might be worth looking into or at least monitor
Kw!!

DeletedUser7096

Hello @King Wally,

as this is a particular case that could have happened on your account, can you please get in contact with our support team. Then we can check more easily.

Regards,
Kakashi-sensei

DeletedUser6404

King Wally is right... there seems to be a delay in getting the goods traded. Haven't had the time today to check but yesterday 100% sure that 2 times I had to wait to receive the goods traded. I did refresh and also use 2 different computers (one at work & one home). There is a bug there. Not only me, not only King Wally, but others too.

editing: I remember that my trader told me all of my trades are taken.. but no goods received. I refreshed many times and still the same... after a few hours it started to send me messages who took my trades and finally I got them..??

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser6271

Yep Confirmed - The trader is "holding" trades - when you trade and somebody accepts the trade you do not receive your goods - yet the the trade goes through meaning you loose the stock you are giving away

this doe snot appear to be "Just my account" - and is happening to others.

I think it is now a genuine urgent bug that needs to be sorted asap to ensure normal game play is possible as this actually impacts the game play.
eg, I just traded to complete an event quest and did not receive the goods so the quest is not completed. (but now loss my stock)
Kw

Deleted User - 1634960

When you place a Trade, your Goods are placed in escrow against the Trade. You can no longer see them so you can't spend them on something else before the Trade is accepted.
If you are online when the Trade is accepted, opening the Trader should be sufficient to place the Goods in your Main Hall. If your Trader is open at the time, please close it (not just change pages in it) and open it again. If that does not work, please lodge a Support ticket.
To my knowledge we have never had a verified case of a Trade taking an inordinate amount of time to arrive after being accepted.

DeletedUser6271

yep will place a ticket as this is only happening since the update the other day and I';m not the only one seeing it and have experience it more than once and more than 1 different effects - (and again a couple of hours ago and why i placed the confirmed post)
been playing the game for a few months now and I'm a "trader style player" so quite aware how the trader works :)
To my knowledge we have never had a verified case of a Trade taking an inordinate amount of time to arrive after being accepted.
- yep understood, I guess somebody needs to be the first to report (now you have at least 2 above)
cheers,
Kw

LazyTony

Sorcerer
If you are online when the Trade is accepted, opening the Trader should be sufficient to place the Goods in your Main Hall.
This used to be the case before the latest update. Now, however, the delay between receiving the notification of an accepted trade and actually receiving the goods is much longer, opening the trader doesn't force the goods to arrive, the only way I can make them appear is a refresh.

DeletedUser5976

That has happened to me too a few times since the last upgrade. However it doesn't happen all the time so I have no idea what triggers it and why it happens with some trades and not with others.

kimkimkim

Summoner
I have noticed that when you open the trader, it does not automatically place your trades into the main hall, but when you click on your trades, then the goods go into the main hall.....also when you go into the wholesaler to buy something, after each purchase, the trader flickers which has not happened before.

DeletedUser5532

It has always been that when someone takes your trades, then you do not see the materials until the game updates. The quickest way to "force" an update is to open and close the trader (close first if you are already in there). However, I can also confirm that even doing this results in sometimes a lengthy delay in the account being updated. I am sure that the logs would show the trade being instant, however, the visual aspect that we players see , and therefore react to is not as quick. I think there is something from the new trader update that is affecting the speed in which the account visuals update.

Thagdal

Sorcerer
i concur with kimkimkim, the trades dont come through just by opening the trader, they only come through straight away when opening "Your Offers" tab.