• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Tournament, long or deep ?

• Thread starter Deleted member 10929
  • Start date

DeletedUser

I'm wondering how it is with fighting the tournament now.

Is it easier/cheaper doing ex. 40 provinces 2 rounds (first 10, 6 rounds) or doing 25 provinces 5 rounds ?

FieryArien

Necromancer
25 provinces 6 rounds is cheaper/easier. It’s because already province number 31 at the 1st star is harder/more expensive than 25th province at 6 star.

It’s because province N at X stars has the same difficulty/cost as the province (N-1) at (X+1) stars. So in your particular example it’s:
Province 25 at 6 stars = province 26 at 5 stars = province 27 at 4 stars = province 28 at 3 stars = province 29 at 2 stars = province 30 at 1 star.

EDIT: Ouch, I see you wrote 25 provinces 5 rounds. Sorry. The point is the same, you just need to understand the mechanics. (And I won’t edit the post and correct the numbers, because I’m sure I’d introduce some error there.)

Gargon667

Mentor
I'm wondering how it is with fighting the tournament now.

Is it easier/cheaper doing ex. 40 provinces 2 rounds (first 10, 6 rounds) or doing 25 provinces 5 rounds ?

I would say it all depends on what you want out of the tourney.

The easiest/cheapest to play the max number of encounters would be a stairs system: say 22*6 rounds, 23*5 rounds, 24*4 rounds etc all the way to round 6. The reason being that those encounters all have the same difficulty.

But max encounters doesn´t help it is you are after a certain reward. From your 2 examples I would guess that you are only interested in KP.

How many provinces to do in round 2 vs 5 is a rather complex topic. The general fact is as @FieryArien says expense goes up faster in provinces than over rounds so it will be easier to do 25*5 than 40*2. however there are other factors to be considered. as well and the truth most likely will end up in the middle (but closer to the 25*5), so maybe 30 in round 2 and 20 in round 5?
For example: if you do 40*2, 50% of your encounters give KP (30 out of 60 above the 10 standard), while 25*5 only contains 40% KP rewards (30 out of 75), but of course they give 0.5 KP more. Or in other words you need to fight an extra 15 encounters without KP compared to the alternative. Then there is the randomness of the encounters both in catering resources and enemy troops, that can push you towards skipping a certain province and therefore messing up the "system".
And that is if you completely disregard any other rewards like tourney scores (round 6 is top) or enchantments (round 1 and 4 are good). If you want to consider those, the whole thing gets much more complicated. :D

As a rule of thumb: Start with the stairs and then makes the steps your interested in larger than the others and you´ll get something that should serve you well.

DeletedUser

Yes, forgot to write that it's all about KP's ;)

Well, i like the spells too, nice to have and use. Then i don't need so many culture buildings and WS :)

At the moment, i test it out at 24 provinces, i need the elixir relics, and am going as many rounds as possible. 5th round also gives 6 KP above province 10, so that'll give a nice bunch of those.

EDIT: Yes, need to check MinMax' calculator. And thank you @FieryArien and @Gargon667 :)

DeletedUser

@Elivar, were you not the one who said you only do 10 provinces and no more?
Nope; I said that that was my initial starting point - being able to do that. And then when having my military upgraded i would then see how far i could go with my playing style :cool: