• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

User Interface Tooltips hide the last row in Trader

DeletedUser462

Hi there, Elvenar team,

Since it's obviously an intentional design and it doesn't qualify exactly as a bug, I'm posting this as a small UI improvement idea.

Introduction: When hovering the pagination buttons anywhere in the game there are these informative tooltips which appear after a small delay. That's nice. However, these tooltips appear directly over the last row of the window thus blocking its visibility. They will not disappear and reappear with a delay when you switch pages. The best example can be seen in the Trader menu but it also exists in the Rankings.

Example:
7KXDxWl.png

Suggestion: Of course, there are several ways to deal with this and your internal designers will know the best among them. I will only mention two of them which I find the simplest: you can either add some free space between the last row and the pagination buttons or you can even remove the tooltips. These are very common buttons and their functionality seems to be pretty obvious I think.

Reason: Again, it's the little things we appreciate sometimes. Whenever there are many pages in the Trader and I want to check them all to find the best deals for me, I always need to move my mouse cursor away from the button, so I can actually see the last offer, before I proceed to the next page eventually. It is so unnecessary.

Well, I told you it's a small idea. You are already aware of the big topics around the Repeatable Quests and the Ancient Wonders, so I'm left with the little things that bugs me here. I can assure you one thing though - it may eventually look small and silly to the development/production team, but it ain't that small for the one, like me, who needs to make cursor circles on every page in order to check the Trader. :)

Thank you for your time!

Sincerely,
Rexx

Deleted User - 50840

Thank you Rexx,

You have explained the idea elegantly and clearly. It has been bugging me also for a long time.

+1 from me.

DeletedUser462

Thanks a lot, Duke!

A few years in the games industry have taught me to pay attention to such details which may look trivial at first sight unless you play actively.

DeletedUser277

Yes, this completely needed saying Rexxagor as the positioning of that tooltip has annoyed me on numerous occasions, but I have just forgotten all about it when it comes to this forum. As you say, its the little things that we appreciate sometimes and this change would certainly count as one of those!

DeletedUser

I must admit that I've never really noticed this until you mentioned it, Rexxagor. Don't see any reason against this suggestion though - as I can imagine it being annoying. Thus: +1