• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered Three armories?

DeletedUser

Hi,
Quick question, please. I have just moved on to the Woodelves chapter from the Orcs & Goblins but still have three armories. Whilst I know I will still need to produce Orcs for a while can someone please advise if I need to keep all three going? Or can I go down to two or even one now?
TIA

Timneh

Artisan
It depends on your play style how many you need. You will need them to negotiate provinces on the world map and to cater in tournaments and a couple of other things need orcs. I have 3 and think i would struggle a little bit if i sold 1. If i sold 2 it would hold me up a lot. I would carry on with 3 and see how you go but be sure you can manage with only 2 before you sell 1, it will take a while if you need to build it again. Maybe someone can tell you how to play with less if they know a way.

Killiak

Artisan
You will also need Orcs to upgrade workshops, and those are quite costly.

Like @Timneh I would suggest/advice going forward with 3 armouries.
Start stockpiling Orcs now, it will be a boon later on.

DeletedUser5976

Start stockpiling Orcs now, it will be a boon later on.

If you don't use the Orcs to make Training Grounds troops and always use the 12h production option, they do pile up rather fast. At the end of Woodelves I now have about 250K of Orcs. Of course since I fight I will keep the 3 armouries, but if I didn't I could now go down to 2 armouries. You can also place Orcs Nests for Orcs. I wouldn't advice going to 1. It will make quests that ask you to train an x number of troops harder to complete.

DeletedUser1829

There are so many variables that you really have to figure out what works for you. One thing is for sure, you really want to see an ever increasing stockpile as the need for them only goes up. Ignoreing the barracks training size and only looking at orc production, things that need orcs:
  • Cater/negotiating
  • Fellowship adventures - certain maps/paths
  • Workshops - always. The more normal ones you have the more orcs you will need
  • Orc troops in training grounds - This can be offset a little by grounds of orc strategists if you have some
  • Roads - From constructs (and probably onwards) roads use orcs. Unless you plan to never upgrade I would have a large stockpile of orcs depending on how many roads you have
  • Wonders - The new constructs wonders use orcs (and mana/seeds) for building/upgrading. It is possible this trend will continue. So look and see if these wonders might be something you will build.
Things that offset the need for armouries for orcs:
  • Orc nests - free orcs
  • Grounds of the orc strategist - free troops
  • Heroes forge - free orcs
Your number of workshops and the future need for roads and wonders are likely to be the biggest driver of how many you need. I would suggest stockpiling them. You can always adjust up/down as needed as long as you have a stash while you figure out your next plan.

Pauly7

Magus
I have four armouries... but only 2 of them produce Orcs... but then I just liked the Dwarven armouries so I kept two of them.

I have hundreds of thousands of Orcs piling up with the two that produce them, but I need all four of mine and am currently frantically trying to upgrade Bulwark and Shrine of the Shrooms so that my training size can keep up with my speedy barracks.