• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

The Unbuffable

Sir Derf

Adept
I have been happily operating with some Mana-producing buildings that, having a large Culture value, are usually NHed, and thus can be Mana-boosted by EEing them while NHed.

However, I have recently placed some hybrid buildings with higher Culture values, and have seen them receive NHs ahead of my Mana-producers.

I propose the introduction of a new Spell for production in the Magic Academy. When placed on a building, it lasts for 1 week, and prevents the building from receiving NH buffs.

Should it give a Culture Boost? More, or less than EE?

What to call it?
  • Self-Sufficiency?
  • No Solicitations?
  • Get Off my Lawn?

Jake65

Sage
A slight Mana production boost for other buildings that are NHed and EEed.
Definitely "Get Off My Lawn" :D

SkyRider99

Immortal
I have been happily operating with some Mana-producing buildings that, having a large Culture value, are usually NHed, and thus can be Mana-boosted by EEing them while NHed.
I know exactly what you mean @Sir Derf. Although my saying that could disturb any psychiatrists listening. :p

I think I would prefer the new spell to be for placing on mana buildings, so they get NH preference. Just an idea.

Alcaro

Necromancer
  • Get Off my Lawn?
rolling-on-the-floor-laughing.gif
I don't care why, how or to what building should be applied, but it made my day.
Imagine, to hover over buildings and to see a bubble with the text Get Off my Lawn!!! or Do not dare to touch it!!!

Silly Bubbles

Necromancer
Or what about enchanted buildings getting a preference for polishing over non enchanted buildings? This could work too.

" Come here, sit, stay! Good doggie, here's a snack. " :D

Last edited:

SkyRider99

Immortal
rolling-on-the-floor-laughing.gif
I don't care why, how or to what building should be applied, but it made my day.
Imagine, to hover over buildings and to see a bubble with the text Get Off my Lawn!!! or Do not dare to touch it!!!
The mental image of those bubbles popping up is tantalizing @Alcaro. If they could add sound effects (e.g. air-raid siren) it would be stunning. :)

SpaceCowboy

Soothsayer
Just had a thought about this today - one drawback of this is that it would de-value the Crystal Lighthouse/Great Bell Spire. It seems to me that working around this particular problem is actually the main reason to build those. If the NH lasts longer, it follows that the NH you get throughout the day reaches more buildings.
That is not to say I'm against this suggestion (and the others in this thread, such as giving preference to buildings with EE effects), just that there are balancing implications.