• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

The Spire - Rewards

CrazyWizard

Shaman
element, Spire and Tournaments naturally included, so changes which are projected to reduce overall revenues are very unlikely to be made.

It is the case, nowadays, that the underlying philosophy of almost all primarily mobile games (which Elvenar is fast becoming) follows the old truism that it is easier to make a million pounds by asking a million people for £1 each than by asking one person to give you £1m, and I think that if the past, ongoing, and future changes to the game are viewed in this light, then it would probably make a lot of sense out of decisions made by InnoGames which, when viewed in the light of older, more 'traditional' browser-based F2P gaming (with its very different, 'whale'-player-slanted revenue structures), can indeed seem to be at best irrational, and at worst actively harmful to the game.
I wish someone in the marketing department actually has a brain and understood this comcept.
For some reason the person responsible in the past went for profit maximilisation per item instead of profit generation overall.

A clear example is / was the outpost in the past
It came into the game at a value of 5 euro, and it sold like hotcakes. so a good marketeer would think, ok this price bracket is succesfull, so what can I introduce in this pricebracket as well to create more revenue.

Instead the next event they DOUBLED the price, then nobody bought it, it then for lowered en upped several times and I have no clue what the current price is. (a nasty PR move as it angers a lot of customers)
This is the main issue of the entire game they are so focussed on the small group that spends a lot, that they seem to forget there is another large group that could also generate income, if you offer interesting things for a "low price"

For 5 years I am actually waiting on microtransactions.
Instead we got a price hike on expansions, and since that worked (at that time to impeove revenue) it seems that they think it's the only way things work

But I fear they hired some $@!#$ like the fool from an intervieuw with I think an Atari rep or so, that consideren 100.000 euro also a microtransactions since they worked with multi millions / billions and 100.000 was cheap change.
Many games have been commericially extremely successfull with a assortment of offers in the $0.5-5.00 price bracket.
And let that be the only bracket in elvenar that does not exist.

Where are my customizable avatars, where are my "earned / bought" special event avatars.
Where are the options to "color" my buildings so my city doesnt look like every other city.
All options that are very easy to implement and generate direct revenue.

And $0.5-2.00 is a really nasty price bracket because before you know it you have actually spend $100.
While only a fraction of players would ever spend $100 on anyting.

I would love to make the bet that I could double or triple elvenars revenue within 12 month if I got the reigns.
Just because I would focus of having options in all price brackets to create revenue, from "poor" to "rich" players.

AstralSoul

Illusionist
Making these games is harder than you think, you have some nice ideas, but someone will complain because they are charging you for an avatar, and only can gain it with $$$, or the coloring your city part, etc.

Those micro-transactions exist accruing to your own diamond balance, and INNO gives a lot of free premium, which is a market move (but elvenar players abused this with wishing well farms, etc, causing loss to elvenar... is a complicated world, but probably you would crash the game's income, me, and most players... keeping everybody happy is impossible, and they need to stick as close as they can.

And as I said, I am a heavy tournament player and I stall for kPs for AW, so I am concerned, but there is a reason for all. And some, possibly are harder for INNO to take than you imagine. For them, is their business at risk, for us, it is just a game, we can leave without, get pissed, but we still we'll have a roof, and (most hopefully) to continue to pay your bills, and taxes (or have your parents do it for you.)

CrazyWizard

Shaman
Making these games is harder than you think, you have some nice ideas, but someone will complain because they are charging you for an avatar, and only can gain it with $$$, or the coloring your city part, etc.

Those micro-transactions exist accruing to your own diamond balance, and INNO gives a lot of free premium, which is a market move (but elvenar players abused this with wishing well farms, etc, causing loss to elvenar... is a complicated world, but probably you would crash the game's income, me, and most players... keeping everybody happy is impossible, and they need to stick as close as they can.

And as I said, I am a heavy tournament player and I stall for kPs for AW, so I am concerned, but there is a reason for all. And some, possibly are harder for INNO to take than you imagine. For them, is their business at risk, for us, it is just a game, we can leave without, get pissed, but we still we'll have a roof, and (most hopefully) to continue to pay your bills, and taxes (or have your parents do it for you.)

obviously they should make "free diamonds" city bound, just like for example nintendo has "gold medals" for bought premium that you can spend on any of there games and "silver medals" that can only be spend in the games you accumulate them.
They could easily add colorless and blue diamonds for example.

People always complain, it's in there nature.
I still remember that game that only focussed on "cosmetics" from very cheap to expensive with no in-game benefits since it's inception in the early 2000, it generated a "mere" 3 billion dollars using that concept, very popular with the ladies.

And what was the intended target of elvenar again according to the intervieuw with inno-games?, Why does elvenar have no PvP?.....
Exactly ;)

Gargon667

Mentor
And what was the intended target of elvenar again according to the intervieuw with inno-games?, Why does elvenar have no PvP?.....
Exactly ;)

Germans have always been pacifists? I mean historically speaking :D