• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

The long-awaited over-scouting warning!

Jackluyt

Shaman
This is a MUST-WATCH with what I consider to be essential game-play information!

Share with friends, fellowship and Map Neighbors - showing the new Scouting ToolTips that appeared in EN server today, and which will come to the other servers on Thursday!!
Lots of info about Rings, Orcs for negotiation, over-Scouting, etc...
:)

DeletedUser1685

The new scouting warnings are a terrific idea well implemented.
Thank you!

DeletedUser3553

Talk about teaching Grandmother to suck eggs..................... We all know that the limiting factor for any scouting is the basic cost of the scouting and the time it takes to scout. Then you have to deal with each 1/8th of the province to "win" it over - either by fighting (good luck with that) or negotiating. The costs rise as you progress, regardless of how many provinces the game suggest you need. What it still doesn't tell you, however, is when you can't possibly "win" the province because you need resources you haven't got - such as Orcs. Rather than prevent you from scouting an unwinnable province, you can still do this. However, the increased scouting costs used to indicate what provinces were unavailable to you.

This latest identification (if you can call that), no longer permits you to quickly scan the "world" and identify what provinces are available, and what the scouting costs are. Instead, you now have to click on each one to find the details and are confronted by a useless suggestion that tells you to find somewhere cheaper - whether such a province exists or not.

What I have found in undertaking the latest Quest, and continuous Tournaments, is that you need to be able to build up resources/supplies quickly, preferably by building more factories. You cannot do this when no space is available - so you need to enlarge your city by "winning" more provinces. I have suggested in other Forum discussions that the cost of winning provinces should be stable throughout each Chapter - including the number of provinces you need to expand your city. A 5x5 block is insufficient, anyway - either for building larger factories or even planting rewards obtained in the Quests.

Final request - please give us the option to have this useless new information displayed or not; or return us to the original province scouting information format. Thank you !

DeletedUser487

I like the new feature. I still wish they could make the rings identifiable, for example, by drawing thick borders around a ring or making the different colours.

SummerJoya

Alchemist
What I have found in undertaking the latest Quest, and continuous Tournaments, is that you need to be able to build up resources/supplies quickly, preferably by building more factories. You cannot do this when no space is available - so you need to enlarge your city by "winning" more provinces. I have suggested in other Forum discussions that the cost of winning provinces should be stable throughout each Chapter - including the number of provinces you need to expand your city. A 5x5 block is insufficient, anyway - either for building larger factories or even planting rewards obtained in the Quests.

Take into consideration that my progress is sourranded by provinces by "very hard" scounting level. Getting chapter 4 after scounting 50 provinces, I need to scout from today on still 9 provinces and need to reaserch 14 quests. How can I do this wheter Im souranded by provinces with red. There are only three provinces with medium level which I have to done. So I have to wait unitl what?
This my World map:
upload_2017-8-15_9-22-24.png

Obviously I have to pay more than I expected or give up to get over chapter 4.

DeletedUser3097

When you explore the world map, I have found that you have to open a few very hard provinces in order to open the chest at the end of the chapter. This seems especially to be the case in lower chapter cities. Completing the Advanced Scouts research will reduce the difficulty of any unexplored provinces but it will not reduce the difficulty of any previously opened ones. That is why, it is important not to over-explore and to open just sufficient for the AS chest.

advanced scouts.png

Advanced Scouts- reduces your scouting costs significantly. Lowering scout costs decrease negotiation costs and enemy army sizes.​

Jackluyt

Shaman
my progress is sourranded by provinces by "very hard" scounting level.

Hi!
The 'hardness' of a province is determined by the game computer by comparing your Squad Size with that of the enemy within. So if you do a few Squad Size upgrades, the 'hardness' will drop...

SummerJoya

Alchemist
Hi!
The 'hardness' of a province is determined by the game computer by comparing your Squad Size with that of the enemy within. So if you do a few Squad Size upgrades, the 'hardness' will drop...
Oh well :):), I was realy became frustrating by this before. I havent set up tech by Squad Size upgrades yet and i hope level will realy drop on easy way. thanks Jack for advice. ;)