• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

The Joys Of Recruiting

McBratty

Enchanter
Im sure I am not alone when I say how hard it is to recruit good players! Try as we might the process always takes forever as you are always trying to find someone who is a good fit with your group.
We send out dozens of messages and 99% of the messages never EVER get a reply! The people are actively playing so its not they are off on their holidays, they just choose to be rude and not reply. How hard is it just to respond with a quick, " No thanks!" I dont try to poach players from other FS's so Im definitely not offending anyone. Hell I even offer them a set of tupperware and a lifetimes subscription to Gamers Weekly if they at least respond, but nada!
It would be great if the Devs could add a simple feature to messages so that we can see when they are read by the recipient.

kimkimkim

Summoner
Im sure I am not alone when I say how hard it is to recruit good players! Try as we might the process always takes forever as you are always trying to find someone who is a good fit with your group.
We send out dozens of messages and 99% of the messages never EVER get a reply! The people are actively playing so its not they are off on their holidays, they just choose to be rude and not reply. How hard is it just to respond with a quick, " No thanks!" I dont try to poach players from other FS's so Im definitely not offending anyone. Hell I even offer them a set of tupperware and a lifetimes subscription to Gamers Weekly if they at least respond, but nada!
It would be great if the Devs could add a simple feature to messages so that we can see when they are read by the recipient.
I surely do feel your pain....been there, done that.....adding this feature might be like playing Russian Roulette though.....if this was implemented and you saw that someone read your message but did not reply, what would you do, reply back and say "hey @#$%$#, I know you saw my message, are you that rude you can't reply"....not sure Inno would like to open that can of worms!

SkyRider99

Immortal
You're not Robinson Crusoe on that one @McBratty. ;)

In years gone by I would do similar to yourself and diligently send out mail messages, inviting suitable players. I've given up on that. For just the reasons that you write about. Too soul destroying. I don't know if that's a reflection on the type of players in this game, or a more general indictment of people in the wider community.

I'd rather not not for sure that some ingrate had read my message and couldn't be stuffed finding the manners or consideration to reply. :cool:

Jake65

Sage
You're not Robinson Crusoe on that one @McBratty. ;)

In years gone by I would do similar to yourself and diligently send out mail messages, inviting suitable players. I've given up on that. For just the reasons that you write about. Too soul destroying. I don't know if that's a reflection on the type of players in this game, or a more general indictment of people in the wider community.

I'd rather not not for sure that some ingrate had read my message and couldn't be stuffed finding the manners or consideration to reply. :cool:
ignorance-is-bliss-5a4e315f8d.jpg

Gavranokt

Dreamer
Yeah, I feel you mate. My fellowship have the same problem for an year now. And it's so frustrating! We even had an example when a player responded to the private message, said he will join, and then ghosted us. Some weeks later, we see him in another fellowship! That was the height of the rudeness and inconsideration of this "community". We also had players who joined up, just to stop playing soon after. So we are really struggling. We haven't move an inch with our ranks!
I like this idea of yours. "Seen", "sent" and "received" option would be nice. Even though I don't believe it will motivate players to be more considerate, it would help us see on what ground we stand when recruiting. We wouldn't be wondering if the players got the message or not. When we would see they've read it and didn't respond, we would know they are not interested (and that they are a@!*#&*s) and move on. It would save us time, and nerves hopefully.
By the way, what fellowship are you from? Your name seems familiar. I'm from "The Wanderers" on the Arendyll world

McBratty

Enchanter
Yeah, I feel you mate. My fellowship have the same problem for an year now. And it's so frustrating! We even had an example when a player responded to the private message, said he will join, and then ghosted us. Some weeks later, we see him in another fellowship! That was the height of the rudeness and inconsideration of this "community". We also had players who joined up, just to stop playing soon after. So we are really struggling. We haven't move an inch with our ranks!
I like this idea of yours. "Seen", "sent" and "received" option would be nice. Even though I don't believe it will motivate players to be more considerate, it would help us see on what ground we stand when recruiting. We wouldn't be wondering if the players got the message or not. When we would see they've read it and didn't respond, we would know they are not interested (and that they are a@!*#&*s) and move on. It would save us time, and nerves hopefully.
By the way, what fellowship are you from? Your name seems familiar. I'm from "The Wanderers" on the Arendyll world
Im in Highland Queens on Aren, Lunatics Lair in Winy and No Retreat on Fely....I get around lol