• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered The buildings in the mountainside

DeletedUser2632

I've been looking through the wiki but can't find information on the special buildings that appear in the montainside for some players - what triggers them to appear? I have two now, but I could not spot what I did or achieved to make each of them turn up on the mountainside next to my City!

DeletedUser2632

Hi Shadowblack - Thank you very much for that - I had thought at first it was related to ancient wonders, but got confused when I saw ancient wonders in other people's towns, but no mountain buildings. I realise now from your comment, that they are related to PARTICULAR ancient wonders from those chapters and I can see that the two I have are related to the Elven ancient wonders - the crystal lighthouse and the martial monastery :)
I can stop scratching my head now!

DeletedUser363

I think they started putting them on the mountainside then decided to have more AW's, and not enough space;)

Deleted User - 106219

All the new* AWs (Golden Abyss, Tome of Secrets, Needles of the Tempest, etc.) do not appear on the mountainside and instead unlock a special portrait.

*"New" as in "newly added". The AWs in Chapters II, III and V were added after the AWs in chapters IV, VI and VII.

DeletedUser363

no new portraits for me then....not going for those AW's ;)