• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered Squadsize vs Squadsize vs Counter Units

DeletedUser2859

Hi All, there are probably an insanely amount similar question in this forum on what I'm about to discuss.

Question1: Currently my encounter squadsizes are 69units (light units); 11 (heavy units) vs. up to 420 squadsize enemy units. Not only it's 6 times my squadsize but even playing with counter units, Enemy will always prevail because they can deploy up to 7-8 individual units at one instance whilst, regardless of squadsize, I can only deploy a set of 5 units to battle. This is disturbingly unbalanced, so how can I win?

Question2: Shouldn't counter units prevail over their weaker parts? eg( Cereburs vs. Mages or Paladin vs. heavy range ) But I sometimes seem to be the one at lose due to limited deployment and squadsize.

Is there no other way through this than negotiate, seeing how the stats and system calculate these battles. I doubt it will favour researching and building units. Maybe I'm doing something wrong and maybe someone can shine light on how we can defeat an enemy squadsize tripe our size and how counters should be used.

Thanks in advance.

PS: I do battles manually.

DeletedUser1829

It is difficult to compare squad sizes of differently composed groups. Our squad size is always for 5 squads so if you get a battle of 5 squads in the opposition you can easily compare. There is also some maths that can be applied. However in your question 1 it is clear you are well outnumbered and the sad truth is you are not meant to win that fight. The system is such that if you are outnumbered by 2:1 then you are expected to lose. That leaves you with a couple options
  1. Switch to negotiation for world map
  2. Stop scouting and allow your technology to catch-up so you have balanced fights again
If you look at the information in my guide (link in signature) there is more information that will help explain this and where you might sit in relation to the expectation.

Question 2. In theory the units with advantage should win, but this requires comparable squad sizes. Something else to note is sometimes the advantage is offensive with no defense. In those cases not getting in first strike might effect your ability to win, a lot depends on skill,map and troops.
You can fight in tournaments where squad sizes are fixed and the first round is favourable to you. This will let you see how the combat pentagon works and learn more about the system.