• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Spire - Diamond Expeansions

Eleeniel

Novice
It seems that using the "Diamond / Premium" system is backfiring us once again.

I was looking for info about the spire and came across the MINMAX formula for the troops. it seem that placing Diamond Expansion increase the amount of troops involve in the spire encounters by 2.75 for each expansion.

My suggestion is that instead of increasing the amount of troops by a factor. To reduce them for a certain amount lets say 0.5 so every 2 diamond province you will effectively reduce the impact of 1 normal expansion.

As i read in other post about the Spire, this is a game of space management and using the "Diamond / Premium" system shouldn't be a punish to players.

Sir Derf

Adept
It's a give and take - you initially gave diamonds... for which you both get space for an increased building advantage and you give yourself an increased challenge/disadvantage.

Far Reach

Conjurer
Diamond expansions do increase the cost of the tournament and spire slightly, but they do so by less than regular expansions. A player could use the former in place of the latter and gain an advantage. Personally I consider the penalty effect to be small relatively to the benefit and will happily place all expansions.