• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered Space needed for upgrade

DeletedUser

Hi, i'm trying to upgrade my armory to level 5 which takes 3x3 space, i have the resources and space but it must be connected to a path before starting the upgrade, and the path blocks and takes the spaces needed for the upgrade, anyone can tell me how to solve this? look at the picture.

Untitled.jpg

DeletedUser195

did you refresh your page and or clear your browser, from what I see it should fit in there, now your manufactories may have a problem when it does. also, I wear bifocals for my glasses and I may be missing something from the picture. just place it touching the road. I notice that you have two manufactories that are not touching the road either.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser462

Hey @REVIOLATE,

Buildings are being expanded starting from their backside toward their visible side. Which means it has to be connected to a path somewhere at the backside from player's point of view without blocking the required empty space for the new level.

My advice in this situation is to use the free footpath to temporary connect the backside of the Armory to your main route. Once you start the upgrade you'll just delete the additional footpath (and lose no resources since it was free). I often do this in tough situations. :)

Here's an example what I mean:
lWYH1RL.jpg

Hope it helps.

DeletedUser

Well, The path issue is solved but it looks like i also need to research the advanced armory which I'm far away from! Thanks for answering guys.

DeletedUser

One other thing, if you have space you can put the building to be upgraded against the path where it can't be upgraded in situ, then use the "move and upgrade" facility.

And while on the subject, paths around the edges of your city is an inefficient use of space. Paths should ideally have buildings on both sides of them, with the short side against the path if they are not square. The edges of the city is a good place for culture buildings as having them on or near paths is also not good.