• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered Should I Ignore Opening Provinces When Map Shows None

Rainbow706

Adventurer
I am in Chapter 8 and have 15 provinces to open. However, on the right side of my world map there are no provinces just an open map with no cities. I have tried to open an equal amount on both left and right sides to keep things balanced.
Should I just concentrate on opening provinces on my left hand side of my world map?
Thank you Rainbow706

Attachments

• WORLD MAP NO PROVINCES.jpg
    WORLD MAP NO PROVINCES.jpg
    234.5 KB · Views: 32

SkyRider99

Mentor
Should I just concentrate on opening provinces on my left hand side of my world map?
You can still collect coins from provinces with no cities. But as there are no players there to return the NH visit you are unable to gain the Supplies component.

For me that makes not much difference, since many cities on my World Map do not return NH anyway. Fortunately though I do have many players with whom I regularly exchange NH visits.

Short answer: If you wish to get both coins and supplies, then scout the adjacent provinces that have cities, and hope those players will engage with you in reciprocal NH. :)

kurgkurg

Conjurer
if you are active enough, maybe they will move you to better place on map soon and then you need those provinces around :)

Rainbow706

Adventurer
Thank you Sky Rider 99 & kurgkurg for your suggestions. I will take the time to ponder what I should do, either staying put or ask for a move.

Thank you for your input.
Rainbow706

m4rt1n

Adept
You cannot ask for a move, you have to check the box in settings to allow movement then wait for automatic movement, this could be weeks to months later or more.

OldHag

Necromancer
hmm, I don't see that option in settings @m4rt1n - I'm pretty close to the edge of the map on my right hand side too, and would love to get moved to a more active area.

I have 3 tabs in settings - Confirm - Graphics - Account

Confirm tab options
= show diamond confirmation - show unboosted manus confirmations
Graphics tab options = city graphic quality - battle graphic quality - toggle atmospheric effects
Account tab options = E-mail and password - data usage options - always start production in all W/S at once - always start all possible productions in upfront cost buildings.

Nothing about allowing movement on the map. I thought it was there before, when they did the big move not so long ago.

m4rt1n

Adept
hmm, I don't see that option in settings @m4rt1n - I'm pretty close to the edge of the map on my right hand side too, and would love to get moved to a more active area.

I have 3 tabs in settings - Confirm - Graphics - Account

Confirm tab options
= show diamond confirmation - show unboosted manus confirmations
Graphics tab options = city graphic quality - battle graphic quality - toggle atmospheric effects
Account tab options = E-mail and password - data usage options - always start production in all W/S at once - always start all possible productions in upfront cost buildings.

Nothing about allowing movement on the map. I thought it was there before, when they did the big move not so long ago.

Neither do I at first glance, it used to be there, maybe I am missing something or Inno changed it so that everyone gets moved when possible now.

@Herodite could you confirm this please. :)

Rainbow706

Adventurer
Thank you m4rt1n & OldHag for your input. Appreciate the response from my question. Trouble is I have built up some very nice neighbours that do respond to my NH so will make it very difficult to move unless there is another option that I am not aware of yet.

Rainbow 706

C-Nymph

Necromancer
Neither do I at first glance, it used to be there, maybe I am missing something or Inno changed it so that everyone gets moved when possible now.

@Herodite could you confirm this please. :)
In Dec 2021, they took away the option and made moving an involuntary thing.

m4rt1n

Adept
In Dec 2021, they took away the option and made moving an involuntary thing.

Thanks @C-Nymph for clearing that up. :)

BlueBlou

Illusionist
I scout my provinces according to cheapest to scout. Long gone are the days I chased a specific city to be its neighbour. Been moved too many times for that.