• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Set priority - Neighbourly help

DeletedUser4221

First of all - A little trivia question: How many ideas created in 2017 on this forum have been implemented?

[Summary]:
Priority button that allows us to set priority on buildings we want polished by neighbours

[Have you checked for similar ideas?]: Issue has been discussed multiple times, just giving my approach to it, even made some visual aids. Inspired by this thread and comments in it

[Details]: Actual 'set priority' button is I believe pretty clear and probably was discussed in the past so I will talk only about the part when a player is visiting his/her beloved neighbour. Right now when we go to our neighbour's city we see a pair of hands above the buildings that can be polished. My idea on it is for those hands to be different color:

Red hands - high priority
Yellow - medium priority
Green - low priority
(my apologies for the traffic light joke)
Current hands icon - no priority

If you see red just click red and move on. If there is no red click yellow, if there is no yellow click green. If that lazy neighbour has no priorities slam that main hall.

It doesn't have to be color obviously, numbers, anything.

[Reasons for Implementing]: 1. Eliminates the need for city to load without affecting the current way of game. I have seen people complaining about this. Loading speed depends on both internet and pc speed. I don't really have a problem except with some really large cities where I need to wait 5-10 second, but I can see how can this be a problem.

2. New players have no idea which building is better which is worse. Relatively new players as well. Many players of fifth era probably don't know cultural buildings from orc era or ones after. This applies even more so for events: Which is better sparkling tree enclosure, tree enclosure, blue tree enclosure, charming tree, snowy charming tree? (go ahead rank them without looking it up). Also I have no idea which era my neighbour was when he/she got them. When you have 5 active players around you and 2 of them slam their mouse click on your main hall this is a problem.

[Balance]: No effect. Players are already using city's name for this which as we all know isn't perfect and is limited to 25 characters. yey CBM

Which is the most common city name in Elvenar? - Culture please (not even sorry for this one). Sorry tho.

[Visual Aids]: red.png yellow.png green.png

EDIT: Read the comment bellow

Last edited by a moderator:

Timneh

Artisan
It would be very good to see a change to the way that NH works but i don't think the idea you have suggested will completely solve the problem. The reason i say this is that some players will still ignore the colours and just go for the MH as they can not be bothered to look for culture buildings and the MH is right there when your neighbours city loads. It has been suggested before that it would be good if players could set what they wanted help on and block things that they do not want help on soif a player wants culture they could block MH and BH. On a Q&A session a while ago this subject was mentioned and Timon said that the devs were thinking about how NH could be changed to makr it better and easier but nothing has been mentioned about it since by the dev team. My personal opinion is they are too busy trying to think of ways to slow the game down.

DeletedUser4221

It has been suggested before that it would be good if players could set what they wanted help on and block things that they do not want help on soif a player wants culture they could block MH and BH.

This would solve the problem completely. No matter what you write or tag still you can't force someone to follow it.
This is a game about optimization, yes sure there would be a problem if you block to many of them, but the game is about using what you got the best way. That suggestion only adds to that.

Every building that can be given NH to should have that option to turn NH on or off. Some cultural/population buildings are an example of what players would block as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4221

• Ancient Wonders rewards notification closes Private Message window.
Devs were very busy doing this important thing.