• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Closed | Archived Sent emails keep notifying as a new message received

DeletedUser

Game version: __ v0.35.18-(7bb5532) (2016-02-22 13:08)
Game world: __ Arendyll
Browser + version: __ Chrome Version 48.0.2564.116 (64-bit)
Flash Player version: __ 20.0.0.306
Operating System: __ Chrome OS
Account name: __ Ebele
Humans or Elves: __ Elves

Reproducibility: __ 5/5

Current situation:
__ Lets say I've just logged in and have 1 new message in my inbox. I respond to this message, then carry on with my business, going to the world or research. When I return to my city, my inbox will indicate that I have 2 new messages. So I'll go and check them. Except that there will be nothing new. There will only be the two messages that have been there (the one I just responded to and one I responded to the night before).
__ Logging out and back in or deleting the messages from your inbox will fix the problem. Until you send another message in response to someone.
__I've had this issue before, but previously just ignored it. I bring it up now because I've had someone else, presumably with exactly the same problem, send me multiple messages yelling at me to stop sending them blank messages (even though I only sent them the one that they responded to originally, before they started getting upset.)

Reproduction Steps
__ I currently have 2 conversations in my inbox.
2. __ Started a new message, in my outbox only, and sent it to someone.
3. __ Went to Research.
4. __ Returned to my city.
5. __ Inbox indicates 2 new messages.
6. __ Enter inbox to find that they are the same messages that I sent before, and not the new message that I just sent out.
7. __ Waiting for response and logging out to stop the current glitch.
8. __ Logged back in.
9. __ Received a response. Inbox indicating only 1 new message.
10. __ Opened and responded.
11. __ Went to the World.
12. __ Returned to city.
13. __ Inbox now indicates that there are 3 new messages. But they're all the same ones from before.

Screenshots of the bug:

This is what my inbox looks like right after responding to the top message:

My inbox is not indicating anything:

So I go to research, come back. And my inbox is now indicating that I have two new messages:

So I go into my inbox and it looks exactly like I just left it:

DeletedUser1316

Hello Ebele -

Thank you for reporting this issue. This bug has been confirmed and forwarded to our development team for fixing.

I apologize for any inconvenience. To stay up to date on this issue, please watch the original thread reporting this bug.

[7674]