• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

RUNE SHARD

SCI0N

Spellcaster
It does not seem right that I spend time and resources winning valuable Rune Shards in Tournaments only for them to more often than not turn into Broken Shards when I try to place them in my AW. Is this payback for something I did to you? Maybe it is meant to be thrilling? I recognise I maybe missing something so...Please let me know the reason behind this?
Thank you in advance
SI0N

SkyRider99

Immortal
There is no rhyme or reason I have been able to discover. I would guess that it is supposed to be 'fun'. :confused:

Is this payback for something I did to you?
You may be onto something here @SCI0N. I have noticed that after successfully placing a few rune shards, the next attempts get smashed. Sort of a punishment for placing rune shards successfully is my (cynical) impression. :p

MinervaOz

Enchanter
They smash when you've already placed a matching rune. As you can't see the actual shards to see which slot they will fit into you can't predict whether they will break or not. And there's no way of controlling it anyway.

But without broken shards you wouldn't be able to build recently-unlocked AWs quickly - and what else are you going to do with 400+ runes for AWs you don't want and that hardly anyone else has?

SCI0N

Spellcaster
Question: Apart from Ferris Wheel and Fire Phoenix which buildings give you Broken Rune Shards?
Thanks!

C-Nymph

Necromancer
Question: Apart from Ferris Wheel and Fire Phoenix which buildings give you Broken Rune Shards?
Thanks!
Older sets can give Broken Rune Shards (with enough set building connections to get to the last bonus), if you still happen to have those burried somewhere in your inventory:

The Banquet, from the Carnival Set
The Harvest Storage and Temple Entrance, both from the Harvest Set
The Sled Carousel, from the Winter Market Set
The Temple of Phoenix, from the Phoenix Cult set

SCI0N

Spellcaster
Older sets can give Broken Rune Shards (with enough set building connections to get to the last bonus), if you still happen to have those burried somewhere in your inventory:

The Banquet, from the Carnival Set
The Harvest Storage and Temple Entrance, both from the Harvest Set
The Sled Carousel, from the Winter Market Set
The Temple of Phoenix, from the Phoenix Cult set
Thanks C-Nymph