• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

User Interface Research suggestion

I noticed under one of the KP gift areas, if you click on the left-most Research button that looks like an innocuous 'knowledge point" button it automatically gifts a player of your choice one of your hard earned diamonds. It becomes automatic to just click on any "KP" marked space to give someone a certain number of KP points. This one, however, is loaded. You click, and oops, you are now giving someone one or more of your diamonds. I suspect you don't even realize it until you wonder where it went. Not all of us take diamonds for granted, and when you only have a few, there's a tendency to want to hang onto them a bit longer. :eek: I don't begrudge anyone diamonds, but it would be nice to have it voluntary or under a tiny tag that actually says DIAMONDS.

m4rt1n

Adept
I don't understand this, how and where can you gift another player diamonds, never come across it.

kimkimkim

Summoner
I noticed under one of the KP gift areas, if you click on the left-most Research button that looks like an innocuous 'knowledge point" button it automatically gifts a player of your choice one of your hard earned diamonds. It becomes automatic to just click on any "KP" marked space to give someone a certain number of KP points. This one, however, is loaded. You click, and oops, you are now giving someone one or more of your diamonds. I suspect you don't even realize it until you wonder where it went. Not all of us take diamonds for granted, and when you only have a few, there's a tendency to want to hang onto them a bit longer. :eek: I don't begrudge anyone diamonds, but it would be nice to have it voluntary or under a tiny tag that actually says DIAMONDS.
this is of course you have no kp's to give (you can tell you have none because the button is blue, not green), it then does give you the option to use diamonds....and it's not 1 diamond, it's actually 25 diamonds

Hekata

Artisan
Isn't there a warning that pops up before spending those diamonds?

good to know, m4rtin; now I shall go find that box and check it. It's not exactly high profile, is it...I find the entire thing to be a bit on the tricksy side, to part you from your diamonds. Maybe I'm just a tad paranoid, but too many games offer things like this, and stonewall you when you refuse to part with real money for pretend merchandise. I've never seen Elvenar stoop to that, which I appreciate. But still it's very easy to be parted from such things.

m4rt1n

Adept
For info to anyone reading it is big cog - small cog into advanced settings and should be on the first screen "confirm tab"

One more: when I logged in this morning the three characters were still sitting around that table, with the "game board" in front of them. (This is the splash page for that dice game). However, without obvious warning when I came back an hour later the old familiar characters were back on the splash pages, and the game board had ended. If there was a notification about it being over, I missed it entirely.

It's a bit disappointing to build up a backlog of reward pieces and then find that maybe you should have spent them an hour ago...Perhaps a fairly obvious notice somewhere on the screen, the day before these things end? I've been caught before, and while there may be a notice, it's apparently too subtle for some of us to find. I really had my heart set on the next prize, too...=(

SkyRider99

Mentor
There is a countdown timer displayed at the top left of the gameboard screen. I also keep track by reference to the daily prizes, as listed by iDavis:

https://idavis-elvenar.com/events.html#calendar

And being a kind-hearted AM I send a chat message to my FS a day or two before the end, reminding the sleepy heads to use all their tokens and collect prizes. But perhaps not all AMs are as caring. Irregardless, my messages are only useful to those few FS members who can be bothered to read them. :)

Hekata

Artisan
And being a kind-hearted AM I send a chat message to my FS a day or two before the end, reminding the sleepy heads to use all their tokens and collect prizes. But perhaps not all AMs are as caring. Irregardless, my messages are only useful to those few FS members who can be bothered to read them. :)
You do? I must have missed it :p