• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

New Game Features Remove zoom into every city for visiting

• Thread starter Deleted User - 13667
  • Start date

Deleted User - 13667

[Summary]: Remove zoom into every city for visiting

[Have you checked for similar ideas?]: None. Unless you want to classify my idea to remove auto-zoom to the main hall upon exit from research menu that eats up the entire screen.:cool:

[Details]: Remove zoom into every city for visiting. As you explore more and more provinces, you will have more cities to visit. There is no point in going into each and every city just to click on culture buildings, builders' hut and Main hall. It would be much better to allow a click on each city after which a small pop up menu window, the type that does not consume the entire screen, does not auto zoom upon exit, that allows the selection of visiting of one of the 3 buildings. It would be best to allow the culture buildings to always be selected from the highest to the lowest provision of culture automatically.
For the fellowship members, please do allow additional icons to represent the 3 different buildings to visit.

[Reasons for Implementing]: 1. It is very hard to track down a specific culture building to provide the best of the choice buildings for your neighbour. :(
2. Having to pan and wait for the map to load is irritating enough if not made worse with the errors like all buildings over stacked together there which you have to zoom in and out to get the city to load proper. :rolleyes:

3. Saves time, numerous mindless clicking and panning on every city to visit. Should encourage everyone to visit more this way due to higher efficiency.:D

[Balance]: Treasures if any, icons need to be shown on the world map instead. Also rather than just a click to load and visit a city, a double click would be good enough. Solves the hassle and rolling eyes each players who would like to visit all their neigbours and fellowship members.:p

DeletedUser

Having to pan and wait for the map to load
If you use the "E" hotkey, you don't have to wait. The tool tips are active as soon as the icons appear, but after a couple of cycles you'll already know where everything is, anyway.

In FoE we have an AID button, and the upshot is that cites are seldom visited as one can click on 40 pages of yellow rectangles. I'm grateful that Elvenar encourages folks to actually follow the development and variety of the cities in the neighborhood and your fellowship.

DeletedUser1925

They will never do this. I don't mind current way. But loading cities is way too slow.

Deleted User - 13667

If you use the "E" hotkey, you don't have to wait. The tool tips are active as soon as the icons appear, but after a couple of cycles you'll already know where everything is, anyway.

In FoE we have an AID button, and the upshot is that cites are seldom visited as one can click on 40 pages of yellow rectangles. I'm grateful that Elvenar encourages folks to actually follow the development and variety of the cities in the neighborhood and your fellowship.

Really? There is this fantastic hot key "E" that automatically brings you to the building to click on upon visiting another city instantly without having to load the city? So magical?

DeletedUser

Apart from being on a slow connection, I'm fine with the current system. I'm often relying on the pop-up descriptions under the icons because as said city loading takes time. That said I visit regularly and know where most of neighbours building are that they want help with (until they re-organise :confused:). I also look for who has spells over culture buildings, how would that be handled?

Just to add; for me the cities never load zoomed in unless I've got the settings set to zoom in anyway. The buildings in a corner is now fixed to, so no more zoom in/out to fix.

Deleted User - 13667

I refer to you have click on the individual city icon to see the the various buildings in that city as zoom in. Not the recent bug of all buildings stacking over each other.

DeletedUser487

I'd prefer a system where you can click "next city" without having to go back to the world map, click on the next city etc...

In my opinion, if you could click on one city, you can choose to click on the next or the previous city, and this would loop around all the players you have discovered. I find it is important that the game retain the feature of physically going to another player's city, rather than the FOE model. It lets you see how other's are laying our their city and you might get some inspiration!

But certainly, a more efficient system is needed, 100% agree with that.

DeletedUser

I'd prefer a system where you can click "next city" without having to go back to the world map, click on the next city etc...
You can, actually.
  • Clicking on the Shield takes you back to "your" fellowship roster, wherein you can select your next fellow and then use the "E" hotkey again.
  • CN takes you to the Notification Log, which is a list of the folks who have visited and traded with you. Select your next visitor, and then use the "E" hotkey again.
  • You might want to occasionally prime the pump by visiting everybody in your fellowship and/or everybody on the map, but just returning visits keeps me plenty busy.
  • Using the hotkeys actually speeds things up quite a bit, you can press CN for example, and the your computer will find it's way back to your city and will display the Notification Log. Likewise, you can use the "E" hotkey before the city graphics are loaded.

DeletedUser487

You can, actually.
  • Clicking on the Shield takes you back to "your" fellowship roster, wherein you can select your next fellow and then use the "E" hotkey again.
  • CN takes you to the Notification Log, which is a list of the folks who have visited and traded with you. Select your next visitor, and then use the "E" hotkey again.
  • You might want to occasionally prime the pump by visiting everybody in your fellowship and/or everybody on the map, but just returning visits keeps me plenty busy.
  • Using the hotkeys actually speeds things up quite a bit, you can press CN for example, and the your computer will find it's way back to your city and will display the Notification Log. Likewise, you can use the "E" hotkey before the city graphics are loaded.

But if you are wanting to visit all those you have discovered? You can't deny it is a tedious process. I do use the hotkeys for visiting those in my fellowship as well as returning visits, as you have outlined. I've made my fellowship aware of it :)

Deleted User - 13667

That is my intention. To improve this tedious process. The most time consuming parts would be to wait for the city to load and having to navigate.

Having to visit every city, with or without the hotkey, is time consuming. Especially, you have to navigate to search for whatever the architecture setup is. I doubt very much the case of remembering since choices do change as do the cit design as the game advances. Coupled with over 100 cities to visit, unlikely to actually remember details.

To allow the selection of boosting culture, donate coins and builders' boost without having to go into the city itself would be much more efficient than it is now. The secondary point of this would be to encourage everyone to visit. How many here dare say all their neighboring cities visit? It is very unlikely.

DeletedUser487

without having to go into the city itself

As I've said for me, you cannot visit without having physically clicked on the player's city. What if players could indicate a preference system, from 1 to 3. If 1 was culture, when a player visits, all they have to do is click the visit button or the hotkey, without having to navigate through the city. If no cultural buildings are available, then the second preference would be chosen when visit is clicked. For those cities with only the main hall, it would be chosen automatically.

What do you think about that?

Deleted User - 13667

As I've said for me, you cannot visit without having physically clicked on the player's city.
That is my intention. To click on the city in the world map and select the icon to visit. Saves the time to load up city map, wait to load the buildings then the time required to navigate to find the right preference. All these can be done on the world map instead of having to keep going in and out. Helps a lot for the advance players.

Perhaps you think it is important to load up another city hundreds of times, it is very wasteful of time. This is process i would like to eliminate. Most players would not even visit every city because of this. Just saying this is important does not change the ridiculous amount of time needed to do this

If no cultural buildings are available, then the second preference would be chosen when visit is clicked. For those cities with only the main hall, it would be chosen automatically.

if there are no culture building available, that particular icon should be darken and non selectable.

DeletedUser4298

I would love to resurrect this discussion.

The recent update to the Mobile APP to now incorporate notifications has in fact implemented this very thing. If you select the "visit" icon for someone in your notification area, there is a pop up containing 3 options.

Main Hall Builders Hut Highest Culture

For the main game, there should ideally be 4 options. The 3 as above, but also the option to actually visit the city to view it in all its glory. Not only would this entice a lot more players to actually visit everyone, not only because of the need for speed of some, but because for a lot of us, the larger cities never load properly. You either end up visiting a flock of floating hands over a green landscape (spending 10 mins identifying what each is to find the best one) or the game crashes. I know of 3 players who have just stopped playing because of the constant graphic crashes.

If Inno really what us to continue growing (thus exacerbating the issue), this would be an ideal solution.