• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered Really confused. Can’t move forward to level 2!

DeletedUser

Hi,
I’m a newbie to this game and have completed all the research for level 1 but can’t move forward to level 2 in the research section! I haven’t been able to place the flying boat or the magic academy as I can’t do any more expansions until I’m some way into level 2 as 99% of my kingdom is already taken up with buildings etc. Nothing happens when I try to click on the treasure chest at the beginning of level 2 even though I have 10 knowledge points already to fill it up. And I get no message coming up to tell me what I am supposed to do to activate this! Can someone please advise me (in plain English - I’m not technically minded or a experienced game player) what I need to do to move forward.
Also is there any way I can see other people’s kingdoms in the same fellowship?
And how do I gather knowledge in the world as requested by Tanavar?
Many thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3097

Hi,
I’m a newbie to this game

First of all, welcome to Elvenar!:)

You need to have explored 10 provinces before you move onto Chapter 2. If you place your mouse over the treasure chest it will tell you how many you have opened.

Which world do you play on? Or if you don't know, which number comes after the En in the web address?

Deleted User - 1634960

It is not necessary to complete all the quests in order to advance in the Technology Tree, although they do help.
As Lizzie said, you have to have completely explored 10 Provinces. If you hover over the chest, it will show a number: x/10, where x is the number you have actually completed.
Building the Barracks will give you access to those troops that the game gave you at the beginning. This will help solve some of the Encounters. If you have sufficient Goods, you can solve many by Negotiation. You may need to sell some buildings and build others in order to accomplish this.
If you would like a more complete answer, please lodge a 'General Questions' type ticket with Support (red '?' in your Options menu) and one of our talented Support Team will be able to help.

DeletedUser

Thanks for your replies but I still don’t understand how to visit a province. Please advise. Can you remind me of the three worlds then I can tell you which one I am playing. Thank you.

DeletedUser3097

how to visit a province

At the bottom of the screen is a world map- click on it.

World Map   Elvenar Wiki EN.png

Now click on a province (green= Easy if possible) and pay your explorer to scout it.

Once it is scouted, you need to explore it.

More help can be found: Wiki World Map

Can you remind me of the three worlds then I can tell you which one I am playing.

En1 Arendyll
En2 Winyandor
En3 Felyndral

DeletedUser

I have done what you advised, clicked on several provinces and scouted them but I still don’t get how to explore them! Nothing happens when I click on the province except I get the option to help them (which I always do). So I am still stuck and can’t move forward to start the 2nd research level as I haven’t got any of the 10 provinces required! Another member of my fellowship said when I click on the province name it should show me that province but it doesn’t.
I’m in En3 Felyndral.
Please help so I can move on.

DeletedUser

Ok! I just got it! Now understand how to get the provinces to move forward into 2nd research area.
But can you please tell if you can go into someone’s province and see their layout and if so how?
Many thanks.

DeletedUser

@Elfini

In this example of a World Map, you can see neighboring cities, and Provinces. The neighboring cities have flags with names (that I have obscured). Provinces have a relic with a colored circle and a bottom bar that says, "Collected Relics". The number on that bar (here 0/8) indicates how many relics have been collected in that Province.
example 1.jpg

Click on an open Province.

example 2.jpg

Inside, Provinces look something like this. Each one of those exclamation marks is an "encounter". All encounters must be solved in order to clear a Province.

DeletedUser

@Elfini are you playing on computer browser, or in the app on your phone?

If you are playing in the app on your phone, you can not enter a Neighbor's city at this time. That option is only available playing on computer browser.

DeletedUser

Thank you so much Golddust Odin! That explains it! I’m only playing on my iPad and iPhone!
Lelanya. Have I done something wrong? Needed to do all that scouting to open up research level 2.

DeletedUser

Thank you so much Golddust Odin! That explains it! I’m only playing on my iPad and iPhone!
Lelanya. Have I done something wrong? Needed to do all that scouting to open up research level 2.

You're fine, Elfini, you haven't done anything wrong, so don't worry about it. ;)

Lelanya

Mentor
Lol no not you, was teasing Golddust. So you know you should not explore into the red. Maybe one province to reach your very best neighbour but it was not a good example to post for a new player that is why I said something.

DeletedUser

Lol no not you, was teasing Golddust. So you know you should not explore into the red. Maybe one province to reach your very best neighbour but it was not a good example to post for a new player that is why I said something.

That screencap is from an experimental Beta city, and is right where I want it to be. If a player has a plan and knows what they are doing, there is no rule against them scouting into the red. Everyone has their own style of play.

You know, you could just as easily have posted an example that you felt was more appropriate than mine, instead of taking a dig at me. ;)

2018-02-09.jpg

That's from my main Beta city.

DeletedUser1829

So you know you should not explore into the red.
@Elfini This is generally good advice, but don't stress in the first 4 chapters when you see red as that is normal for everyone :(. Just do the minimum number of provinces required by that chest, so the 10 you are doing now. Scout the closest provinces first and by the time your in chapter 4 things will start to get easier and easier.