• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Random Unannounced Beta Testing in the Live Worlds

OldHag

Necromancer
I don't mind the new ads, they are optional and easy to ignore. But I'm seeing the rewards can be very helpful. My issue is that some get them and others (me) don't. That puts me and my fellowship at a big disadvantage in the FA, missing out on 80% boost for T1s.

I always feel like Inno has my account set to see how far they can push people before they get fed up and leave, and this new "some get benefits and others don't" is not helping. Plus the time we've wasted in chat trying to figure out what it is, how to access it, why some don't have it.

A simple announcement would have helped, like "We're testing new ways of giving bonus awards for showing optional ads. Due to limited testing, this is only being rolled out to a few players right now".
I don't have the hobby horse either, but I do have a stack of Magical Manufacturing spells and a level 30 Elvenar Trade Centers. I've currently got 7 level 34 Steel Manus and with MM spells cast I get 25920 steel every 3 hrs and a once a day (overnight) amount of 48.000. One badge costs 118k.
I would do the Maths but it's getting late and I wouldn't want to turn into a pumpkin. Maybe @Sir Derf might count for you ;)
It all depends how you have built your city, where you're at in game and many other factors. I hope this helps a little. :)

I think we would all appreciate a bit of decency of the part of Inno, as in notifying players of some Testing about to happen.

Sir Derf

Adept
I don't have the hobby horse either, but I do have a stack of Magical Manufacturing spells and a level 30 Elvenar Trade Centers. I've currently got 7 level 34 Steel Manus and with MM spells cast I get 25920 steel every 3 hrs and a once a day (overnight) amount of 48.000. One badge costs 118k.
I would do the Maths but it's getting late and I wouldn't want to turn into a pumpkin. Maybe @Sir Derf might count for you ;)
It all depends how you have built your city, where you're at in game and many other factors. I hope this helps a little. :)

I think we would all appreciate a bit of decency of the part of Inno, as in notifying players of some Testing about to happen.
What am I, a joke to you? That you can type a few Arabic numerals and expect that I will be compelled to perform for your amusement...

OK.

@m4rt1n provided the key number. The 80% improvement for 3 hour is 1080. 1,080 out of his 28,379 inclusive total is 3.81%, or 1,080 added to his 27,299 exclusive total is a 3.96% improvement, For you, 1,080 added to your 25,920 is 4.17%. Let's just call it a 4% improvement, or about 1:25.

How meaningful is this? The quick analysis is that you get your badges 4% faster/earlier, but this isn't really important. There is no short-term deadlines that getting badges faster will circumvent. The better analysis is that for every 25 badges you earn, the Ad bonus will accumulate to a free 26th badge. For collections under 25 total badges, the Ad bonus fraction might push you up by one, or it might not, but at most, you'll only get a single extra badge you wouldn't have without it.

Badge costs 118k. 25 badges costs 2.95M. So, that's you goal.

By your numbers, a perfect 24 hours is 48k + 5*25,920 = 81,600. The FA is what, initial pickup (9 hour) + 6 days, + 6 hours, so 48k + (6*81,600) + (2*25,920) = 589,440 per Manu. The goal of 2.95M is just a hair over 5 Manus of perfect collection (5.00475). For you, basically, the Ad bonus would give you 1 free badge for every 5 perfect Manus. Unless you're really sloppy with your collection, you should be very easily getting a 1st, and possibly a fractionally boosted 2nd, Ad bonus badge.