• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered Previous chapter research

Jake65

Sage
A Research Tab will be added to ALL Trees
@Herodite , rather than hijacking the Cauldron thread.....

Can one skip non-essential research (eg some squad size upgrades) but go back and do them when you've progressed a few chapters further?

Jake65

Sage
Sort of related and just to check that I've got my ducks in a row and walking in the same direction....

Entering a new chapter, after the first research then catering costs and FA badge requirements automatically increase.
Is there no automatic 'new chapter' change to fighting difficulty/squad size?
So you could have a squad size quite a few chapters behind where you actually are?

With current upgrades of the barracks (and the others), armouries and Bulwark one should be able to train full squads significantly faster, right?

RainbowElvira

Sorcerer
When you skip Squad Size Upgrades
o You will train more squads, but the same amount of units.
- You will send less troops to the world map encounters, but facing the same enemy.
- You will get less troops for your troop instants.
+ You save the resources for researching these techs.

Jake65

Sage
You will send less troops to the world map encounters, but facing the same enemy.
This is for provinces encounters? So they would be more difficult?

Would tournament and spire stay the same until a squad size research is done?

Sorry about all the questions, I struggle to get my head around this.

And thank you for your reply :)

SpaceCowboy

Soothsayer
@Jake65 As far as I know, Squad Size Researches only affect world map encounters, and not the Spire our Tournament.

The Squad Size also has an impact on the power of certain Ancient Wonders (such as the Dwarven Bullwark you've mentioned). Note that Squad Size and Training Size are different, and mostly independent from each other (the exception being again the Dwarven Bullwark). It's a bit confusing, I've previously suggested changing the display of these, do make it a bit clearer.

RainbowElvira

Sorcerer
World map encounters will be harder with lower squad size.

Spire and tournaments are a whole different story. They do not depend at all on researched squad size. The factors are number of mandatory techs researched, wonder levels and city expansions.

Alas, as of now we do not have a wiki entry let alone some in-game information. Best we have is @MinMax Gamer 's calculations and spreadsheet which are somewhat outdated.