• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered Population Query

DeletedUser

Hello fellow gamers!
i am recently new and just need some clarification.
i have 13 houses most at level 3 but only 70 population as i keep building new things.
do i have to continually build more houses to sustain population levels?
thanks heaps and stuff! :)

DeletedUser66

That's correct.

Well the other option is to upgrade the residence once you have unlocked the relevant technologies in the research tree. At level 15, each residence provides 420 population. But for a fully functioning city - you are looking at about 30+ residences to support all the buildings unless you buy culture buildings which provide culture and population in one.

DeletedUser530

That's correct.

Well the other option is to upgrade the residence once you have unlocked the relevant technologies in the research tree. At level 15, each residence provides 420 population. But for a fully functioning city - you are looking at about 30+ residences to support all the buildings unless you buy culture buildings which provide culture and population in one.

In some cities I have seen residences with levels higher than 15 but when I try to upgrade it just says "research" but having examined all the research to the end of the line I can see nothing that allows further upgrades to residences. So how do I get to upgrade them?

Jixel

Spellcaster
@scuby - there are three techs along the way that allow higher levels of residences :
Advanced Residences - for Elves, allows level 3-7 residences (I think it's 4-8 for Humans)
Superior Residences - 8-15 for Elves, 9-15 Humans
Dwarven Style Residential Buildings (early in the Dwarven era / 6th Age) - 16-17 for Elves and Humans.