• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Closed | Archived Out-of-order sorting of offers in the trader

Sir Derf

Adept
It's happened at times in the past, but I hadn't seen it in quite a while...

But lately (at least the last 3-4 days), I've noticed some of my larger trades being placed at the end of the list.

My trading pattern is to usually post a power-of-2 sequence of 101% (3 star) same-tier trades from my boosts, 101:100, 202:200, 404:400... usually topping out at 51,712:51,200 or 103,424:102,400. And usually, when I look at my currently posted trades, these are listed in descending order sub-grouped by good. (Incidentally, I assume there is a rounding issue when the game computes stars, as 101:100 is usually considered 2 star).

However, in the last couple of days, some of the higher quantity trades have been being placed at the bottom of the list. Sometimes just the 51,200 trade, sometimes both the 51,200 and 25,600 trade. Sometimes all the goods being traded at those quantities, sometimes only some of the trades being offered at those quantities (while the others are at the top of the list where I expect them to be).

Since I check in frequently and replace the already-taken trades, it makes it difficult to determine which ones are taken when they're not listed in a consistent order.

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
HI Sir Derf!! Nothing unusual has been mentioned thus far so if you could send a Screenshot through to Support, they can take a look! :)

Kind Regards

Herodite.

Sir Derf

Adept
Aha. I know why you can't reproduce it... now you just have to figure out why it's happening and how to fix it.

Recently, I've been performing a lot of transition-to-new-chapter upgrades, and my trades have not been keeping pace with my resource usages to keep my levels up.

Currently, I only have 15.9k of Scrolls in my inventory. The trades being misordered are those that would give me more Scrolls than I currently have in inventory, trades giving 25.6k, 51.2k, etc. trades asking for 12.8k and lower are sorting correctly.

As a check, I placed a trade for 12k of my current 15.9k, thus reducing my inventory to 3.9k. When I then went to look at my current trades, those up to receiving 3.2k of Scrolls were listed correctly, those asking for 6.4k and above were now all listed at the bottom of the list.

This would explain why it varied for different goods, and the effected amounts wasn't always consistent. This probably could have been possible for quite a long time, but I normally have inventory levels way higher than the trades I place.

Trades placed that ask to receive more goods than the amount you currently have in inventory are misordered to the bottom of the list.

Jake65

Sage
This is very odd @Sir Derf.
Why would the trader need to look at your inventory balance of incoming goods?
If you have the time/energy, would you mind checking it with a cross-tier trade? For no particular reason other than being curious, it's a strange anomaly.

Sir Derf

Adept
Actually, I've gone one step further, and believe I can fully explain what is happening...

In the "Accept Offers" tab, offers that request more of a resource than you have in inventory are placed at the bottom of the list with the Accept button greyed out.

In the "My Offers" tab, it appears that offers that you place that are also requesting more of a resource than you currently have are also being placed at the bottom of the list.

This test comparing requested amount vs. current inventory is unnecessary for the list of "My Offers".