• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Option to choose 3 Production boosts at start of game

DeletedUser2886

Background
My town is surrounded by many new towns that comprise only:
Main Hall level 1
Builders Hut level 1
1 or 2 Residences level 1
1 or 2 Workshops level 1
A short road about 6 tiles long

These towns are not developed further and after a while they go and usually get replaced with a similar town.
After a while the cycle repeats :)

My assumption is that players start an additional town wanting a set of 3 production boosts to complement the boosts they already have on their main town.

They then play the newly setup town to the point where they are able to see what 3 production boosts they have and then if the production boosts are not as wanted then the town gets abandoned.

They then move on and setup yet another town hoping again to get the certain boosts they are looking for.

Suggestion
My suggestion is that on startup players are given an option to choose the production boosts they will get.
This could be at the same time as they choose to be either elves or humans.

There could also be a random option so that players who don't care or don't know what they'd like will be allocated 3 production boosts randomly or as is needed to balance the game.

The Benefits
The biggest benefit is that developed players would have a much better chance of having active neighbors that they can trade with & receive neighborly help from. We'd all like this instead of having a continual stream of newly created and abandoned towns which arrive only to be replaced with yet another 1 week or so later.

Players that desire additional towns to have complimentary production boosts could meet their aims at the first attempt without needing to setup and abandon several towns.

The game servers would also surely benefit as the data storage for all these inactive towns and the associated dead accounts must be considerable. I'm not 100% sure but I think it very likely that cutting out or reducing dead data is beneficial.

Drawbacks & potential problems
Obviously development effort would be needed to implement this suggestion and it might not be possible to in all cases to give the chosen 3 production boosts.

Players might have a lot more mines near their town rather than "dead" towns and of course there is no chance of gaining a treasure chest or supplies from a mine.

also if they ever did implement this (and I want it to be in some form)...having to start a new city for this to happen wouldn't be that attractive to someone who has been playing a year or so and on woodelves lol. I have two towns on era 3-4 and they have duplicated boosted goods. I dont want to restart either city but its still better than nothing though. If I had to restart to get two cities with complimenting goods id just quit.

A better option in my opinion would be to simply have the ability to change your boosted goods to whatever you wanted (to support your fellowship or just yourself), but maybe as a one time thing only so you didn't just abuse it and change your goods all the time for tournaments and stuff. Maybe this could be implemented as 3 mysterious spells that are emailed to you as one time consumables, or part of an upcoming event, or the research tree.

If they went down the route of being able to constantly change your boosted goods they could have a spell that took longer than the rest to make or something. This would encourage a different playstyle as well, of having multiple factories of each kind instead just 3 types of your original boost. I still agree that all new towns should definitely get the choice to choose what boost they want but that still sucks for players too far to want to restart. Also if you restart youd have to pay more money on diamonds for the extra builder etc so maybe they should have a feature to transfer builder huts or something or anything bought with diamons across towns lol. I swear I could run this game better than them and make the game more attractive

There are ways to do this but the chances of innogames doing it are practically next to nothing

Last edited by a moderator: