• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Newbie question-Catering requirements for provinces.

Tobey

Novice
Hello,
l am a new player,about a week now.I plan to cater for most if not all provinces on the world map.
I also only plan at this stage to take my city to chapter 10-12.That may change,but at this stage 10-12.
l was wondering how many provinces,and more importantly,how many expansions l will be able to realisticly unlock if l park my city at this level.Will storage limits of resources be a problem later on?Will there be resources needed that l just can’t make at this relatively low level?
How far can l go?

Hekata

Artisan
As far as I know, at that stage you can unlock as many provinces as you want. There is a an orc "wall" somewhere on round 9 of provinces (IIRC) so don't overscout too fast until you can start producing orcs (chapter 7, I think) but after that you can cater as many provinces as you like, the costs will be getting higher and higher ofc, but no limits as far as some specific goods needed.

As for expansions, there is a limited amount you can get by scouting. The limit is the same for everyone, although I don't know the exact number (someone here will hopefully jump in with that info). That's a lot of expansions btw, it will take you a very long time to get there. I've been playing this game for over 6 years and I'm still working my way to my last expansion.

On a side note: while catering only in provinces is perfectly manageable, I don't recommend catering as the only way to do tournaments. It's recommended that you can fight at least half of your encounters there or you might lose a lot of resources every week. So don't neglect your troop production :)

SkyRider99

Immortal
how many expansions l will be able to realisticly unlock
Hi @Tobey. Good question. I'm not sure about the dependency to stay below Ch XII in research, but the Elvenar wiki has more info about all three types of city expansions:

Province Expansions Overview​

When you complete your first Province, you will be rewarded with 1 Expansion. However, to get the next Expansion, you will need to complete 2 more Provinces. To get the third Expansion, you will need three more Provinces, which means you have completed 6 Provinces in total, at this time. For now, you will be able to get a total of 67 Province Expansions.

https://en.wiki.elvenar.com/index.php?title=Expansions

Also, I agree with @Hekata about the dual strategy for solving tournaments. Build and upgrade Armories to get more troops. ;)